Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dancing in Paris...

Dancing in Paris...

It was mentioned a while ago on the London forum that a trip to Paris would be a good idea.

I would like to know if any other groups have embarked on such a mission. I personally would consider such a event to be act of social splender.

Perhaps next year some time we could arrange something if anyone else is interested.

It would be really cool to go in a group and dance the night away in another country.

I've heard there is a good place in Paris; good on a Tuesday if I'm right?

Am I alone in this? (probably! )

Px

Daphne
    No you're not alone.... I'll come!! We Jocks could meet you there.....

Next year? Yep, I'd be up for that. Would be nive to leave the centre of the universe every now and then.

Ok, well why don't we plan on a time that won't be too hot, e.g. so it's still out of season and is cheaper, and also it will be nicer dancing temperatures, between March and May.

I think we could get a reasonable B&B/Cheap hotel for say £40 for two nights, plus Eurostar is about £60 or I think with airport taxes we could fly for something like £45-£50. Could be good, a few nice french meals, bit of sightseeing with friends and LOTS OF DANCING

See how many others we can get together; I can think of a few people who may be interested. Oh and Greg; you don't get a choice; YOU'RE COMING!

Just promise you won't leave me there!!!

Px

yep count me in!
    et parle un peut de francais...

There were a few up for it from London too.... David I think may have some initial plans....not sure.

Spoke to him last night and the London comp. at fulham is going ahead!!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Doc Iain
    yep count me in!
    but we need a tour guide ! anyone know any French people who are also dancers....hmmmm ?

I think, but don't hold me to this that David when he was thinking about it had something in mind er. where to dance etc. Failing that I have somone that would be willing to scout for us I am sure. She lives there, is fluent etc. etc....

Also, if there is enough interest in the South-East, it may be worth travelling en-masse and trying to get a/the group discount on Eurostar...that's if they do one of course.

I like that Idea! Spot the fellow student trying to save money!

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Count me in! (erm..especially if it involves *food*)
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    but we need a tour guide ! anyone know any French people who are also dancers....hmmmm ?
    Ummmm...gosh..if only we could *think* of someone....

Sounds like a nice idea. I was doing a job in Paris this time last year, and we stayed in a very reasonably priced hotel in the Montmartre district - all those arty jazz bars and great little restaurants. In fact there were 2 hotels adjoining - the cheap one was an Orbis, and the slightly more expensive one I think was a Mercure (the rooms are the same - just thicker carpets).

I love anything which involves eating great food and drinking good wine!

But do you think Paris is ready for the chip squad yet?

M

Originally posted by Mary
    Well, there's only one way to find out . I have a friend who came dancing recently who lives in Paris so she could scout around for us to find the best deals. I agree it would be good to get a group going so we get a discount.

This could be one hell of a weekend of fun, like Mary says, eating good food, drinking good wine in one of the most beautiful places in the world & dancing the night away. Sounds fantastic!!

Px

Originally posted by Mary

M
    More to the point, is the Chip squad ready for Paris...The finest wines, the freshest food, the impeccable style and good taste? Could always bring a couple of largers, some deep fried bugs and a scarf to help them feel at home

Are the rumours about Paris true, you know the ‘frosty reception for the Englishman who doesn’t parley vous francais’. French not being one of my languages will I be sneered at with 'gallic distain and superiority', or is this just nonsense?

Still want to go either way though

Originally posted by Boomer
    More to the point, is the Chip squad ready for Paris...The finest wines, the freshest food, the impeccable style and good taste? Could always bring a couple of largers, some deep fried bugs and a scarf to help them feel at home

Are the rumours about Paris true, you know the ‘frosty reception for the Englishman who doesn’t parley vous francais’. French not being one of my languages will I be sneered at with 'gallic distain and superiority', or is this just nonsense?

Still want to go either way though
    It's ok, we've got months to go, so there's plenty of time for counselling; I'm sure the squad will cope . I know Sheepy is particularly drawn to garlic and as connisseurs of the finest London restaurants (cough), no seriously, we'll love it!

Actually, (Squad don't listen), but I love France and in particular good french food. The best meal I ever had was with Helen in a restaurant miles from nowhere in Provence that only had two tables and no choice of food (you put your order in 24 hours in advance). Sounds ridiculous for a restaurant, but it was the best food I've ever had.

I speak french (to an acceptable level I think, and so does the Doc) and as we'll all be together, who cares what anyone else things. One for all and all for one and all that stuff.....

Px

Originally posted by Pammy

I speak french (to an acceptable level I think, and so does the Doc) and as we'll all be together, who cares what anyone else things. One for all and all for one and all that stuff.....

Px
    Excellent, I can loiter innocuously in the background and focus on the drinking, dancing, eating and drinking – I do love a red wine.

‘Stream of consciousness’ moment, sorry guys. Best meal.... either fresh trout, cooked on a open-fire, watching the sunset from an island on the Danish coast, washed down with sea-chilled beer or fresh shish-kebabs, 4am in Murmansk, on the coast during White-nights....has to be a tie I think.

I think Paris, if it comes of, will be a good’un. Onto Toronto pronto Tonto!

Originally posted by Boomer
    Excellent, I can loiter innocuously in the background and focus on the drinking, dancing, eating and drinking – I do love a red wine.
    What loitor innocuously in your gorilla suit?

Far to much Pratchett I’m afraid . Have the image of a 400lb gorilla, standing at the back of the group, whistling to itself and sidling here and there trying to go unnoticed.

would def. be a Pratchett moment, hows your climbing of bookcases??.... and can u do a good "oook!"?

I am sure if we so wished (not sure why we would though!) there would be venues suitable for the chip squad. Afterall there would have to be food AFTER dancing too! We just need to find places to dance that is all!...

Iain

Originally posted by Doc Iain
    would def. be a Pratchett moment, hows your climbing of bookcases??.... and can u do a good "oook!"?

I am sure if we so wished (not sure why we would though!) there would be venues suitable for the chip squad. Afterall there would have to be food AFTER dancing too! We just need to find places to dance that is all!...

Iain
    http://danse-a-2.com

There's a place called Club Zed:-

Prix : 8€ avec une boisson (DA2 : vestiaire gratuit)
    Musique : 90% Rock, Jazz, 10% Salsa et Salon.
    Salle : Cave voûtée.
    Piste : Environ 80m² de marbre tout en longueur.
    Adresse : 2, rue des anglais - 75005 - Paris
    Métro : M° Maubert-Mutualité .

There's another one that looks ok called "Slow Club"

Sounds cool to me!

Px

Originally posted by Pammy

Prix : 8€ avec une boisson
    Px
    How much do u think it would be if we didn't take a drink!

Thread Information