Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark so early

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Dark so early

Is anyone else finding it hard to get used to it being dark so early? It feels about 9 at night!

Re: Dark so early

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    Is anyone else finding it hard to get used to it being dark so early? It feels about 9 at night!
    Well kinda but im getting use to it!! I usually finish work at 6 and now whenever i leave its pitch black and hating walking in the dark alone!!

I found it weird in the summer when it became dark after 9:30pm!!

It's horrible, it seemed like we didn't really get a summer and now it's practically winter I want some sunshine and long light summer evenings. I also want it to be the festival season again...Glastonbury 2008 here I come (fingers crossed of course)

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    It's horrible, it seemed like we didn't really get a summer and now it's practically winter I want some sunshine and long light summer evenings. I also want it to be the festival season again...Glastonbury 2008 here I come (fingers crossed of course)
    I've never been to any festival although i wanna go!!

I miss the long light summer evenings but it'll be back in a few months. I really hate it when i have to leave my house 7:30am and its bloody freezing cold then i get to work and it takes upto an hour for the place to be warm despite the fact that i wear two layers of tops and still feel cold sometimes

Its time for the big coats, wooly jumpers, gloves and scarfs to come out of the closet!!

i like winter but not the dark nights

Autumn is my favourite time of year. I like putting the central heating on and being all cosy and warm at home.

It also starts me thinking about Halloween, Guy Fawkes night and Christmas, all magical times for the kids.

Anyway, the clocks go back next week, you'll get an extra hour's light then...for a few weeks, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Autumn is my favourite time of year. I like putting the central heating on and being all cosy and warm at home.

It also starts me thinking about Halloween, Guy Fawkes night and Christmas, all magical times for the kids.

Anyway, the clocks go back next week, you'll get an extra hour's light then...for a few weeks, anyway.
    woohoo and an extra hour dancing at Blaze II

Commercial Operator

woohoo and an extra hour dancing at Blaze II
    That should make up for it being so damn cold. I am dreading going to Scotland. I feel the cold so much and hate it. I wonder how many layers I can dance in.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    I wonder how many layers I can dance in.
    You'll be hot or warm after a few dances

Im hoping it'll actually snow down here so i can relive my childhood and have snow fights and build a snowman with my younger siblings

That should make up for it being so damn cold. I am dreading going to Scotland. I feel the cold so much and hate it. I wonder how many layers I can dance in.
    you'll be fine. The dancing bit isnt the cold bit, its leaving the venue at silly o clock and getting into a cold bed. At least you'll have a lovely man to keep you warm

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Um, no you won't - clocks going back means that there will be even less light in the evening, so as from this weekend it will be getting dark from about 5-30pm. There will be an extra hours light in the morning but that won't last too long.

Finishing work in the pitch dark, oh how I love that one

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    Finishing work in the pitch dark, oh how I love that one
    I hate it Its the reason why i power walk!!

I love winter - cold treks on a Sunday afternoon with tea and crumpets in a warm home after - but I hate the fact that the days are only 7 hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    I hate the fact that the days are only 7 hours long.
    That is probably what im kinda happy about!!

I absolutely hate it. Really, really hate it. I only get 45 mins at lunchtime so not even much time to get out then so basically I will only see natural daylight at the weekends now.

I used to work part time in two jobs (which made up full time hours) and even that time travelling between in daylight hours, being outside and in some natural light, really helped. One job was fairly flexible too so I usually made sure I did something that involved me being outside, even if only popping out to the shops, at least one afternoon midweek, and then did some work in the evenings instead. But now it will be artifical light all day and walking out to the car in the dark - our carpark at work is quite scary in the dark! (I work in a forest)

I know my energy levels will drop dramatically and the thought is very depressing.

I don't mind the long evenings for a few weeks in December, when everywhere is twinkly lights, but months of going to and coming home from work in the dark...

Is it time to resurrect the thread about light boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Is it time to resurrect the thread about light boxes?
    Last winter i was fine with the dark nights and the general no light thing hopefully i should be good this year too!

I have a lot to keep me happy this winter anyway. My first one in my new house with jake!

Last winter i was fine with the dark nights and the general no light thing hopefully i should be good this year too!
    But you don't work 9-5 indoors Mon - Fri. you can be a bit flexible about being outside for a while, even driving to and from places, during the day. Its 5 days in a row of no daylight that gets to me and then I'm so drained by the weekend. We don't even get much natural light coming in the window at work as there is a tree right outside the window.

I will try to spend 10-15 mins of each lunchtime outside, even if I'm only driving up to the shop. But its not enough.

I think I do need to get a lightbox. I'm dreading the winter.

I remember this year when the days started to lengthen and it wasn't dark when I was driving home from work, I literally felt like I could breathe better.

Sorry, I'm really having a moan about this but last winter was really difficult. It would make me seriously consider reducing to part time hours if I could, even though it would mean less money. I'd have less money but I wouldn't feel like I have to hibernate for half the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    But you don't work 9-5 indoors Mon - Fri. you can be a bit flexible about being outside for a while, even driving to and from places, during the day. Its 5 days in a row of no daylight that gets to me and then I'm so drained by the weekend. We don't even get much natural light coming in the window at work as there is a tree right outside the window.

I will try to spend 10-15 mins of each lunchtime outside, even if I'm only driving up to the shop. But its not enough.

I think I do need to get a lightbox. I'm dreading the winter.

I remember this year when the days started to lengthen and it wasn't dark when I was driving home from work, I literally felt like I could breathe better.
    Yes i am lucky as i was worse when i worked 9-5, which is the reason i believe last year wasnt as bad.

its true when the lighter evenings come in i seem to generally brighten up even if i am not feeling rubbish.

I sometimes think even fresh air helps. I used to walk to the shop at my old work even if it was raining or freezing it just blew the cobwebs away.

TI am dreading going to Scotland. I feel the cold so much and hate it.
    It's not so much the cold you have to worry about..it's the wandering polar bears. You can take a few precautions though, Don't leave food out where they can smell it and hire a bear gun from any Scottish Polar bear Protection Office (Usually found in the same building as your Igloo planning office)

Last edited by Beowulf; 23rd-October-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information