Thread: Ceroc website

Ceroc website

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman View Post
    No I'll let you do that Stewart.
    rep to anyone who posts any glaring mistake on their web site (out of date stuff typos etc)

ill put them all togther and post to my old mate at HQ

Ive already started but mine is

---------------------------

Bookings are now open for

3 nights from Fri 28th Sep 2007

Bliss Camber Weekender
    ----------------------

Re: Ceroc website

Ceroc London - still advertising last week's freestyles on the front page

Freestyles

Friday 12th Oct
    The Casbah and
    Breeze Weekender
    Saturday 13th Oct
    No events
    Sunday 14th Oct
    Sunday Squeeze
    and
    Sunday Smoove
    (Closed)

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Ceroc London - still advertising last week's freestyles on the front page
    To be fair to ceroc their is 'milage' in keeping old events as they havent posted the new one yet and some people can still see what they have missed but you can still book them (Thinking about our Auzzie friends who are approaching summer etc and could get confused)

------------------------------------
    Grove and smove a fresh new concept appearing on 22nd September 2007 !
    -----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

We are now happy to announce that 2006 will see the launch of (select flag for details)
    Ceroc Wales Glee Club - Live Comedy For Birmingham And Cardiff
    Ceroc Northern Ireland Welcome to Ceroc Northern Ireland
    Ceroc Spain Welcome To Ceroc España - A Great Night Out
    Ceroc Canada Welcome to Ceroc Canada
    -----------------------------------------

How about 2006 saw the launch of .............
    Last edited by stewart38; 16th-October-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Blog Entries

How about on the home page CEROC : Welcome to the largest Partner Dance Network in the World : Ceroc making learning to dance easy , the strapline "Welcome to the largest partner dance network in the world".

Look closely you'll see that the formatting is screwed in places. For example, the "e" of the first "the" and the "r"s of Partner and Network have dropped.

Yes I'm a picky b4stard, it's my job.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    How about on the home page CEROC : Welcome to the largest Partner Dance Network in the World : Ceroc making learning to dance easy , the strapline "Welcome to the largest partner dance network in the world".

Look closely you'll see that the formatting is screwed in places. For example, the "e" of the first "the" and the "r"s of Partner and Network have dropped.

I assumed that was deliberate, as its one image - its way to easy to line things up in ANY art package. Dunno WHY someone would do that though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    I assumed that was deliberate, as its one image - its way to easy to line things up in ANY art package. Dunno WHY someone would do that though
    Well I had considered that, but it just looks sh1te so I couldn't imagine why it would be deliberate either.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I like "Learning to dance with Ceroc is the fastest growing dance phenomenon in the country".

funny way of putting it I think I would have been happy with a plain "Ceroc is the fastest growing dance phenomenon"

and a good use of the word "complete" in

"* Every night there's always complete beginners so you'll never be alone."

Whats a "complete beginner" in this context ? Sounds funny.

" * It's primarily social, a complete night out"

So when you leave you can't possibly do anything else

and in the membership rules on not stealing the moves "or otherwise use commercially use commercially the said instruction and information." ...a bit of a repeat...

not a mistake, but i think its funny that rule 2 says that neither Ceroc or its directors are responsible if you die at a Ceroc venue and its a Ceroc employees fault

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post

If you look carefully you'll see that all the text slopes from left to right. What you're seeing on those letters is where a "step down" has taken place mid-word. The word next to it doesn't rise back up.

The line below is the same.

And you're right, it does look bad.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like "Learning to dance with Ceroc is the fastest growing dance phenomenon in the country".

funny way of putting it I think I would have been happy with a plain "Ceroc is the fastest growing dance phenomenon"
    Ahh, but then they'd be calling Ceroc a dance style...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post

Anyway - enough of mocking poor coding! Let's get back to S38's original request...

I nominate the page you get to when you click News. It's a bit out of date.

Another

---------------
    Phone
    You can also pay using credit card or debit card by calling 071 969 4401 x 0 Note if you book after 16th April 1995 please dont forget the extra 1 ! ie 0171 969 4401 X )

--------------

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

wheres that ? you made it up surely ?

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I nominate the page you get to when you click News. It's a bit out of date.

I just went to the Ceroc website to look up details of the freestyle at Hammersmith this weekend. Clicked on the 'news' tab. To find details of events that are between 2 months and 6 months out of date.

I think that's pretty pathetic really. And likely to entice potential new customers who are browsing the website, and then thinking that ceroc is so lacking in news and events that they still have to advertise events that happened in January in August.... Not to mention letting their actual customers find out about current newsworthy events...

Gets worse. That was the apparently (on further looking), the 'new' venues tab. Going to the 'national news' tab, it's almost 11 months out of date....

I did finally manage to find a page advertising the Hammersmith party this weekend. And followed the 'find out more' link. To be taken to a page telling me all about the school disco party that happened in July. All I wanna know is whether or not there's going to be a blues room this weekend. Does anyone know??
    Last edited by TheTramp; 9th-August-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Commercial Operator

not a mistake, but i think its funny that rule 2 says that neither Ceroc or its directors are responsible if you die at a Ceroc venue and its a Ceroc employees fault
    I think it's funny that the very first rule of CEROC membership entitles you to be barred from a CEROC venue!! Rule 1: Company shall be entitled at any time to refuse you admission at any premises at which Ceroc dance classes or a Ceroc function ( "Ceroc Event", " Ceroc Night") of any nature is being held (“Ceroc Venue”).

Very welcoming to new members?! I wonder if the two rules are linked and sequential? ie if anyone still attends after being barred, then rule 2 applies - when they kill them?!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post

I just went to the Ceroc website to look up details of the freestyle at Hammersmith this weekend. Clicked on the 'news' tab. To find details of events that are between 2 months and 6 months out of date.

I think that's pretty pathetic really. And likely to entice potential new customers who are browsing the website, and then thinking that ceroc is so lacking in news and events that they still have to advertise events that happened in January in August.... Not to mention letting their actual customers find out about current newsworthy events...

Gets worse. That was the apparently (on further looking), the 'new' venues tab. Going to the 'national news' tab, it's almost 11 months out of date....

I did finally manage to find a page advertising the Hammersmith party this weekend. And followed the 'find out more' link. To be taken to a page telling me all about the school disco party that happened in July. All I wanna know is whether or not there's going to be a blues room this weekend. Does anyone know??
    I was also looking for the same information .. debating whether it was worth the trip from Doncaster (albeit car sharing) but couldn't find the information I wanted.. stayed home but it would have been nice to have found out......knowing there was / was not a blues room could have meant 2 more guests from up north.... oh well.. in the past.. move on....

Thread Information