Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebs, Uri Geller and magic tricks

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Who Would You Like to Meet???

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong I don’t think uri has any more powers then me but sometimes things like that ‘co-incidences’ just cant be explained
    you sir, are a genius - thats my new tagline

Commercial Operator

Re: Who Would You Like to Meet???

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong I don’t think uri has any more powers then me but sometimes things like that ‘co-incidences’ just cant be explained

Like why do old people always win the lottery etc
    Oh - that's not a coincidence - that's just a conspiracy. The lottery is rigged to award more prizes to people who are likely to die soon, so the government gets the money in the form of death duties.

You've heard that old one about you having more chance of getting run over than of winning the lottery? That's actually a misquote from a government 'special lottery ops' division member - the actual quote was that you have more chance of being run over after winning the lottery.

Do keep up....

Re: Celebs, Uri Geller and magic tricks

Oh, wow. Unexplained coincidences!

The sinister nature of the world is suddenly laid out for me to see, who had been so blind!

Seriously, s38 - you can't think of reasons why certain groups of people are more likely to win the lottery?

Here's a hint. Suppose, say, that 18% of lottery tickets are purchased by 18-25 year olds; 22% of tickets purchased by 25-35 year olds; 28% of tickets by 35-55 year olds, and 32% of tickets by people over 55.

Beebly-er- what proportion of lottery wins do we expect to come from the over 55s?

Thread Information