Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What became of the Independant MJ Association

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: What became of the Independant MJ Association

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    At the mo i am just replying to others. Trust me, if I or WEpost the rules we would get banned.
    Really? Why's that then? Have you been told that?

I'm not aware of any rule forbidding posting rules or other information. Yes, advertising is against the rules, but discussion of rules is hardly advertising. Especially not when you've been asked for such rules.

If we banned people from ever daring to discuss non-Ceroc events, we'd have about 2 posts a week I reckon.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Really? Why's that then? Have you been told that?

I'm not aware of any rule forbidding posting rules or other information. Yes, advertising is against the rules, but discussion of rules is hardly advertising. Especially not when you've been asked for such rules.

If we banned people from ever daring to discuss non-Ceroc events, we'd have about 2 posts a week I reckon.
    Ok then, and thanks.
    I will post tonight when i get them

Commercial Operator

And those posts would say "I loved Utopia, I loved the music, I loved the people, I loved the floor, I loved the lights, I loved the decorations, I loved everything and it was all lovely, lovely, lovely - did I mention how lovely it was?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    This is all completely off-topic and, I'm sure will be turned into another thread soon. However, I posted the rules for Britrock on here in 2002 - it was way before the competition: I posted first draft for comment and the experts of the forum helped produce improvements that I'd never have thought of on my own.
    And I think this is exactly the sort of thing that's a useful contribution - asking for comment about rules, or any teaching technique for that matter. I really don't consider this to be advertising, unless it's obviously just a dumbo disguised advert.

Genuine discussions will always be welcome.

On the subject of an Independent MJ Association, I mooted the matter about a year ago. The common feeling was, "why?"
    The thing is, I think a "MJ Association" is a good idea - but one including Ceroc, not allied against it.

It would have less credibility if it didn't include Ceroc, in my view - then it would indeed be seen as a "fighting against the forces of darkness" thing.

Commercial Operator

It would have less credibility if it didn't include Ceroc, in my view - then it would indeed be seen as a "fighting against the forces of darkness" thing.
    I think an "open to all organisers" policy would be essential for success. You couldn't write an ethical consitution that said "open to everybody except Ceroc because most of us see them as the enemy". We'd have to see if anybody from Ceroc actually joined though. My guess is that it would be like the DJ thing, "You can join what you like, but you can't be part of Ceroc if you join an MJ association that isn't run by Ceroc".

As I said earlier, I'd like to organise a conference of organisers as a one-off event. And, it seems, there are some organsers who would like to be involved (three of us and a dancer who's an experienced conference organiser). However, it's a long way from having a great idea to making it happen: especially if there's not much money to be had out of doing it. Anybody else interested?

And those posts would say "I loved Utopia, I loved the music, I loved the people, I loved the floor, I loved the lights, I loved the decorations, I loved everything and it was all lovely, lovely, lovely - did I mention how lovely it was?"

You forgot something Andy: they loved the fact that the majority of the tunes were adjusted in tempo to help create a great atmosphere

Blog Entries

I think an "open to all organisers" policy would be essential for success. You couldn't write an ethical consitution that said "open to everybody except Ceroc because most of us see them as the enemy". We'd have to see if anybody from Ceroc actually joined though. My guess is that it would be like the DJ thing, "You can join what you like, but you can't be part of Ceroc if you join an MJ association that isn't run by Ceroc".
    Well, I'd guess that any realistic organisation would invite franchise owners as members - you wouldn't want just one member for the whole of Ceroc after all.

I think that franchise owners would be able do this sort of thing at their discretion, they certainly seem to have a reasonable amount of autonomy at the moment in their actions.

Thread Information