Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Britrock - the aftermath

Commercial Operator

Re: Britrock - the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Obviously the shortage of men in Brighton isn't quite as bad as previously reported...
    After I'd been turned down twice a kind lady actually asked me to dance.

I am the Marmite of Jive

Quote Originally Posted by pjfrad View Post
    A huge well done to all of the organisers of the Britrock comp. You did an amazing job and it was a huge effort. The comp was excelently organinsed, ran smoothly, generally on time, great venue, good music and lots of fun.
    Beginning to wish I'd gone, even if it was only to spectate. With all the (well earned) positive feedback the event should get even bigger and better next year. v

Quote Originally Posted by pjfrad View Post
    Well done to Simon and Nicole a great effort by you guys as always. Very sorry to see Nicole hang up the comp shoes.
    Aye ... its a great shame. They were a great example of what dedication (and no small amount of talent) can achieve. On the flip side, it opens the Open competition up a fair bit.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Beginning to wish I'd gone, even if it was only to spectate. With all the (well earned) positive feedback the event should get even bigger and better next year. v

Aye ... its a great shame. They were a great example of what dedication (and no small amount of talent) can achieve. On the flip side, it opens the Open competition up a fair bit.
    The Open was quite close on the judges scorecards. I didn't see it so I can't comment on the dancing in the final, just how the judges scored it - I was stuck out the back with Cinderella calculating the positions from earlier finals

B.T.C.

Re: Britrock Anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Well done Lindsay and the gang for winning the team event and double trouble.

Still in awe by Simon and Nicoles outstanding performances - really amazing.

Delighted to be part of Linz's winning team and it was a real pleasure to witness Nicole's final - and winning - performance. They really pulled out the stops and fully deserves their win.

Congratulations to everyone who competed - and a tip for those competing next year - try staying at the Imperial hotel - the obvious venue for champions
    Last edited by ducasi; 8th-October-2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: fixed quote

I really enjoyed the day; it was good fun and a different feel to the Ceroc champs, just as enjoyable in a more intimate way! I was lucky enough to draw a great guy for the first two rounds of DWAS. Richard with bandanna and glasses- don't know his surname. Just sorry we didn't get to the final together, but it was such a lot of fun.

Highlights included lots of lovely dances & seeing Roger & Paulette win the intermediate. Their faces when Candyman came on were a picture!! Drew Roger for the DWAS semis what a lovely guy , great music, lots of my lovely friends around, CJ in his gimp outfit (though seriously, it was excellent musical interpretation) Siimon & Nicole's final. Must be more but I'm still tired!!! And trying to revive myself for Brean Sands.

Oh and finally putting a face to Yliander! PLEASE don't cut that hair!!!

Was anyone else (other than the official photographers) taking pics..... cos when we went to the desk to see if there was any of us there wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I bet Paulette and Roger are over the moon to be first this time.
    Well there's an understatement!

As the BritRock organisers - very sensibly - don't allow for an Oscar-like acceptance speech, I'll take my opportuity here...

First I'd like to thank my grandparents for giving birth to my parents...

But seriously, a huge thank you to the BritRock team who did a tremendous job to keep things running smoothly and who inject a huge amount of energy and fun into the whole day.

A big thumbs up to the Adjudicator, who, when not sweeping the floor, was posting results in super-fast time: it really helps to know you're through to the next round with much more than a couple of minutes to prepare.

A huge cheer to DJ Bunnie for a superb selection of music, some really challenging tunes, and of course...

Quote Originally Posted by DJBunnie View Post
    The spontaneous cheer when Candyman was played as the final (faster) track in the Intermediate final sent shivers down my spine and beaming smiles from the dancers on the floor were incredible.
    What can I say, we LOVE that track, but it took every last bit of energy.

To all those who sent messages of support and congratulation, thanks. I will dance with each and every one of you at the earliest opportunity.

To everybody who competed , it's no easy thing. Shout outs especially to Zara and Kyron (Vegetable) on their competition debut, who'd have thought Bognor Regis of all places could turn out two winners, eh Zara? And to Wigglebum and Sparkledancer (how I love Forum names), nice to have met you, good luck for the future. And to my two DWAS partners, Debbie and Antonia, who gave me an unexpected extra 3 rounds to complete, thank you both for superb dances.

To Tiger Pants... now it's my turn to thank you for not entering

And finally to Paulette (TheTimidOne - yeah right), with whom I have shared a fantastic 18 months on the dancefloor. Just shows what can come out of random pairings from Dancing with Strangers. You deserve a special award for your trophy-accepting walk alone. I can't wait to see the DVD.

I always imagined that to win you needed to have big flashy moves and a couple of aerials in reserve, but not for the first time this year, it's proven not to be the case. We love to dance, for us it's all about having fun. I hope that gives heart to anyone thinking about competing in the future.

Oh I think the producer has started up the orchestra and wants me to get off...

Thanks everyone.

Roger x

Thank you Mr Librarian.

My theory is, in 2 years time Sparkledancer and I might get placed.
    We think we came last in the finals but dont tell anyone. Now that TheLibrarian and The Timid one cant do it next year, that hopefully means 4th place four us and then whoever wins that year has to move up meaning after all my babbling we get that 3rd place!............... In case this doesnt happen, would someone make me a Britrock towel??? I'd be very happy!

x

Well - i had a great time at britrock, it was my first ever competition, and i was so nervous it was untrue.

I'd like to thank everyone with whom i danced, although i can't remember all of your names. I especially enjoyed leading CJ, although he didn't seem to relax when i put him into a drop!!

I would also like to congratulate Pawplay and Hayley, Pawplay was actually more nervous than I was, she came along with me and the Dancelicious team as support, however that all changed about 30 mins before the double trouble section was scheduled to start, as we decided to compete, and entered at the last minute. Although a bag of nerves, no practice, and only the third time whe had ever danced together, i think i speak for us all when i say it was really scarry, but we loved it, and i certainly can't wait to compete again, Blackpool it is then!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    Well - i had a great time at britrock, it was my first ever competition, and i was so nervous it was untrue.

I'd like to thank everyone with whom i danced, although i can't remember all of your names. I especially enjoyed leading CJ, although he didn't seem to relax when i put him into a drop!!

I would also like to congratulate Pawplay and Hayley, Pawplay was actually more nervous than I was, she came along with me and the Dancelicious team as support, however that all changed about 30 mins before the double trouble section was scheduled to start, as we decided to compete, and entered at the last minute.

Although a bag of nerves, no practice, and only the third time whe had ever danced together, i think i speak for us all when i say it was really scarry, but we loved it, and i certainly can't wait to compete again, Blackpool it is then!!
    But last minute is always best And thank you for such an entertaining dance and for giving the photographer the opportunity to take snaps of my thong! That trohpy has pride of place on my bookshelf btw.
    Oh and about blackpool.........
    Yeah baby! Count me in!

Commercial Operator

I like my leads to ask first!! Was a nice dance, thank U: I just hope I didn't misread U too often...

Well done the three of U: am glad Tony was there to convince U to do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post
    Was anyone else (other than the official photographers) taking pics..... cos when we went to the desk to see if there was any of us there wasnt
    Ian Oliver has some posted up on fxxxxxxk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    yes friday night i was told by Dad there was an emergency...

Zara had forgotten her mascara!

I played the helpful friend, leant her one of my many black mascara's and gave it to her as well (only wore once)
    Thanks very much hun You were such a sweetie on saturday, you really made me feel good...

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post

To everybody who competed , it's no easy thing. Shout outs especially to Zara and Kyron (Vegetable) on their competition debut, who'd have thought Bognor Regis of all places could turn out two winners, eh Zara?

Roger x
    Can you believe it?! Maybe we should call the Observer

You guys were amazing!

Zara xx

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    Thanks very much hun You were such a sweetie on saturday, you really made me feel good...

Can you believe it?! Maybe we should call the Observer

You guys were amazing!

Zara xx
    I second that! Tor, Liz and Hayley were brilliant, i was nearly blue in the face cheering for you soooo much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    I second that! Tor, Liz and Hayley were brilliant, i was nearly blue in the face cheering for you soooo much!

If i'm perfectly honest though - i didn't hear anything other than the music - i was concentrating soo much!!

I had to - to stop my knees from shaking!!

If i'm perfectly honest though - i didn't hear anything other than the music - i was concentrating soo much!!

I had to - to stop my knees from shaking!!
    You were really fab

BTW loved watching you dance with Hev Mate

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Brit Rock pics;

whataphoto.co.uk/event.htm

zara xxx

Blackpool it is then!!
    Well done for entering Dai really pleased you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you at Blackpool but hope to dance with you b4 then
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post
    I know I got some of you guys! but Im er a bit behind

did I say I've been a tad distracted lately?? (me thinks I did!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I know I got some of you guys! but Im er a bit behind

did I say I've been a tad distracted lately?? (me thinks I did!)

Thanks Mac No worries about when......it would just be nice to have one of us from my first comp - Thank you!

Thread Information