Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) 2007

Re: Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) 2007

Err, I'm going to put my head on the line now and say although Gaby was a lot better than most, I'm not convinced she was that great

Granted, she shouldn't have gone this week but I don't think she could have won

Thought this a couple of dances back - tried to work out this week why I thought that - think it was to do with how it didn't flow and it was just a series of interlinked poses.

Now I do understand, that's what was being aimed for, but for me it's all about how you get from one to the other. It was almost like she was trying too hard Quite wooden and disconnected.

don't like James Jordan either so that probably comes into it - think he's far too arrogant

Alesha seems to be the most natural dancer of the lot

What I am amazed by is the standard and choreography level we're at already - it's only week 4! (and when you compare it to series 1 - wow!)

(and yes, the bottom 2 who get the most critique from the judges are always most likely to get the public sympathy vote - at least for the first half of the series - who'll be next to go?)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    don't like James Jordan either so that probably comes into it - think he's far too arrogant
    I just can't warm to him. I know Brendan is arrogant too but somehow I tolerate that. I feel Brendan gives off the 'I'm better than everyone else' vibe whereas James seems more to give off the 'everyone else isn't as good as me'. Or something. Subtle difference I know.

I also have to admit I went off Gabby a bit when she seemed rather ungracious a few weeks ago at getting a lower than anticipated score from the judges. The professionals can complain and say 'that's ridiculous, we should have got more' and that's fine, but when the celebs do it you think 'hang on, others were better than you'. I know she didn't actually do that, but the impression was that she thought she was better than the judges thought she was.

Did anyone see James's face when it was annoucned that they were in the dance-off? He was furious and it clearly showed on his face

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB

Me too ............ (and Lynn too ) I wondered if anyone else thought that, and possibly voted him out because of it - shame for Gabby though

Did you see his face when he was in the bottom two - for a moment I thought "great - your not as good as you think you are" then I thought of Gabby who is lovely and felt guilty !

snap ............ just seen Icey's post above

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Did anyone see James's face when it was annoucned that they were in the dance-off? He was furious and it clearly showed on his face
    - he certainly wasn't a very happy bunny. Did you hear him comment "she should have been in the top 3" when Bruce/Tess spoke to them after the result? He blatently thought they were going to win (or at least reach the final) - I'm SO looking forward to their interview on ITT tonight
    Last edited by HelenB; 29th-October-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: and here was me thinking I was the only one who didn't like him :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I just can't warm to him. I know Brendan is arrogant too but somehow I tolerate that. I feel Brendan gives off the 'I'm better than everyone else' vibe whereas James seems more to give off the 'everyone else isn't as good as me'. Or something. Subtle difference I know.

I also have to admit I went off Gabby a bit when she seemed rather ungracious a few weeks ago at getting a lower than anticipated score from the judges. The professionals can complain and say 'that's ridiculous, we should have got more' and that's fine, but when the celebs do it you think 'hang on, others were better than you'. I know she didn't actually do that, but the impression was that she thought she was better than the judges thought she was.
    When Claudia called Gabby "Head Girl Logan" a few weeks ago, somehow it seemed very fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I felt like hiding behind the sofa, personally.
    What? They were dancing like daleks?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    What? They were dancing like daleks?
    Pretty much, yes - very unsteady daleks at that

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    When Claudia called Gabby "Head Girl Logan" a few weeks ago, somehow it seemed very fitting.
    She is very competitive and perhaps James' arrogance has rubbed off on her, maybe he led her to believe they might win. Also maybe no-one told her that its better as a celeb to give the message 'I'm loving this so much' even if you are thinking 'I'm in it to win it'.

But they definitely did not deserve to go out this week.

One of my favourites was Letitia. I thought her dance was really good and she had the personaility to go with it, which came through wonderfully in her dance.

However, if she is up against Kelly, Alesha, Penny, I suspect the judges would not vote for her. Maybe this is one where the public could positively influence it.

just seen the BBC2 prog ..........

Claudia

Sorry - it is entertainment as well as a dancing comp - and I am glad that Gabby & James are out

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Yes respect for claudia, was great to hear her having a shouting match with old Revvels! (Craig) lol! !

Was very shocked to hear that Gabby and James were out, i think Len and Craig were absolutely right, kate should have gone.

They are keeping her in for pure entertainment, its embarrasing for poor kate, theyre are some cruel viewers!

Oh and does anyone agree with me that Brendan should have been disqualified? He broke the rules. Theyre was supposed to be two lifts only, not three. He is purely an arrogant prat, i cant stand him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    ..They are keeping her in for pure entertainment, its embarrasing for poor kate, theyre are some cruel viewers!.......
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    ..Oh and does anyone agree with me that Brendan should have been disqualified? He broke the rules. Theyre was supposed to be two lifts only, not three. He is purely an arrogant prat, i cant stand him!
    But he does have a nice bum
    Attached Images Attached Images

--ooOoo--

I was wondering if Dom and Lillia being voted off was contributed to by Dom's whinging about not getting points from the judges. It irritated me ... "I didn't expect anthing more ..."

It's one thing to have a bit of a blub to curry some votes but to complain is another and it's not viewed with any sympathy IMO

Commercial Operator

I was wondering if Dom and Lillia being voted off was contributed to by Dom's whinging about not getting points from the judges. It irritated me ... "I didn't expect anthing more ..."

It's one thing to have a bit of a blub to curry some votes but to complain is another and it's not viewed with any sympathy IMO
    LILIA had had enough, you can see the anger in her eyes, not with loosing but with DOM, and when he placed his hand on HER bottom, she hated that..................... Yes he went too far and sadly what the judges said was true, he could not dance on the beat.

Whose next???????????????????
    Last edited by Bluey; 5th-November-2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling change

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    True

But he does have a nice bum
    Nice photo of Brendan on the stage at LeRoc Dorking Halls strictly night I recall.

I think that was the moment in the night when all the LADIES paid attention ( ok plus a few men!)

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    LILIA had had enough, you can see the anger in her eyes, not with loosing but with DOM,
    Poor Lilia was in a loose loose situation.

If she'd stayed in, she'd have had to put up with Dom for another week and as much as she tried to cover it up, you could just tell from her body language how irritated she'd become with him!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Only caught glimpses of the show but, IMO, dominic is not a brilliant dancer so he cant expect to get high votes. Making out a case of 'we woz robbed' when you werent doesnt make you that many friends, especially as i have heard him say the same sort of thing before Either he did it thinking that people would feel sorry for him because they really love the 'cheeky chappy' act (finishing third bottom puts you in trouble), or he really thought that he was better than the judges voted.

On ITT in the week he was criticising the judges, saying that it wasnt a talent show but more about progression. On it not being a talent show in the same way as the X factor is perhaps true for the phone-in people but the judges still (largely?) vote on talent. This dynamic is something that Craig revealed that he didnt quite get earlier in the week when he said that the judges were telling the people who they should be voting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    LILIA had had enough, you can see the anger in her eyes, not with loosing but with DOM, and when he placed his hand on HER bottom, she hated that..................... Yes he went too far and sadly what the judges said was true, he could not dance on the beat.

Whose next???????????????????
    Ahh yes, forgot the wandering hands. I'm surprised her foot didn't "slip" forcefully onto his toes on occasion, mine would have

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Ahh yes, forgot the wandering hands. I'm surprised her foot didn't "slip" forcefully onto his toes on occasion, mine would have
    It was the constant stroking of her arm that started me squirming with "yuk" which was then followed by him trying to slow dance with her at the end and her removing his hands - got the feeling she didn't like being pawed and who would blame the girl

Thread Information