Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) 2007

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) 2007

I'm definitely rooting for Matt and Flavia now.

How cool would it be to be taught at Southport in Feb 2008 by the winner of SCD? Pretty cool, I reckon.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Almost an Angel View Post
    Looks like your wish may come true See Here
    Can you guess which are the Smooth and which are the Samba (bit obvious really on a few)
    Angel xx
    Just clicked on to find Emma Bunton is on SCD!! this Saturday.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I just watched it again on BBC strictly website, the professionals dance from Sunday night, you can too
    BBC - Strictly Come Dancing - Video

just watch James throw Flavia at end.

I did and it was

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post

Vincent & Flavia's Samba was brilliant!!
    I'm a fan, I'm a fan!

Elaine
    Last edited by David Bailey; 25th-October-2007 at 02:22 PM.

After that dogs dinner of a dance HOW did Kate get to stay in and Gabby get voted out???!!!!????

Honestly!

, and I wanted Kate to be out cos she have been dancing badly the last few weeks while the others improved greatly!! Gabby so dont deserve to get voted out.

Ppl have to stop sympathy voting for kate, or her fans from GMTV have to stop voting her!!

I am rooting for Matt Di Angelo and Kelly Brooks and Alesha as they are good dancers and bring happy vibes to the dances.

Commercial Operator

WORSE EVER SITUATION HAPPENED TONIGHT/LAST NIGHT

The dancers are fantastic but the show has lost its appeal to me, its a live show but they record for Sunday, I went to both SCD 3/4. BUT we want a decision on Sat night!!
    for this to happen proves people dont vote!!

Blog Entries

I wonder if the voters are deliberately "fighting" the judges? It seems that they're voting to "compensate" for the judges' scoring.

What a travesty that was. I found out last night, but I was just hoping it was wrong - knowing the result in advance doesn't make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I wonder if the voters are deliberately "fighting" the judges? It seems that they're voting to "compensate" for the judges' scoring.

What a travesty that was. I found out last night, but I was just hoping it was wrong - knowing the result in advance doesn't make it easier.

Much discussion here about this.

It is good that Len is so outraged about it.

The voting system needs to change.........that much is obvious.

(I would do 2/3 for judges and 1/3 for public - and ONLY allow voting for 1 hour time window after the dance on Saturday....).

Or....just do it on the judges alone...........that would be fine.

But this happens every year. Eg the judges were so horrible to Kate it was pretty much a given that she wouldn't be in the last two. And she should have been the one to leave this week.

Why can't the judges say something like 'well its the not the strongest performance, but we can see you are trying and doing your best, its better than last week' etc, give her 5s and maybe one 6, then she will end up in the bottom two and they can vote her out. She can leave feeling she has made some progress, everyone is happy.

If they give really negative comments and very low scores, people will vote to keep people in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    But this happens every year. Eg the judges were so horrible to Kate it was pretty much a given that she wouldn't be in the last two. And she should have been the one to leave this week.
    Yes, there were at least 3 or 4 real donkeys who "should" have left instead of those two.

Kenny Logan, Dom, arguable John, Letitia and of course Kate were all at a lower standard than both Gabby and Penny.

Yes, it makes good telly - but it also means that the remaining field is less strong, and runs the nightmare-scenario risk of having two donkeys compete in the final.

Why can't the judges say something like 'well its the not the strongest performance, but we can see you are trying and doing your best, its better than last week' etc, give her 5s and maybe one 6, then she will end up in the bottom two and they can vote her out. She can leave feeling she has made some progress, everyone is happy.
    Yes, that's a sensible strategy.

On the other hand, keeping her in makes better telly, because of all the arguments and controversy. It's a balance.

I'm not sure this final elimination thing is working, to be honest - but I guess it will gradually be more effective as the numbers dwindle. At the moment, it's relatively easy for bad dancers to avoid being in the bottom two overall if you're popular - it'll be much less so when there are only 5-6 couples remaining.

The other annoying thing (from Saturday) was bloody Bruno bloody Tonioli giving a 10 to Brendan and Kelly despite his three lifts. What's the point of judging if you ignore the rules? All you're doing with that is saying to Brendan is that it's OK to break the rules... What a plonker

Blog Entries

...well, remember one of the perks of Bruce's contract is to have a dance with the winner (in private) - and he clearly had his eye on doing it with the gymnastically capable Mrs. Logan.

Year after year we have seen the bottom two pairs in the judges vote being seen by the public and "saved". The couple who were third and fourth from bottom were regularly seen by the public at large as comparatively safe and risked elimination in the early stages.

How anybody could smart believe that having the bottom two dance off would rectify that situation is beyond me. If I were a conspiracy theorist I would be tempted to think that a smart producer was deliberately engineering controversy.

You breaka da rules, I givva you 10

Yes, there were at least 3 or 4 real donkeys who "should" have left instead of those two.

Kenny Logan, Dom, arguable John, Letitia and of course Kate were all at a lower standard than both Gabby and Penny.

Yes, it makes good telly - but it also means that the remaining field is less strong, and runs the nightmare-scenario risk of having two donkeys compete in the final.

Yes, that's a sensible strategy.

On the other hand, keeping her in makes better telly, because of all the arguments and controversy. It's a balance.

I'm not sure this final elimination thing is working, to be honest - but I guess it will gradually be more effective as the numbers dwindle. At the moment, it's relatively easy for bad dancers to avoid being in the bottom two overall if you're popular - it'll be much less so when there are only 5-6 couples remaining.

The other annoying thing (from Saturday) was bloody Bruno bloody Tonioli giving a 10 to Brendan and Kelly despite his three lifts. What's the point of judging if you ignore the rules? All you're doing with that is saying to Brendan is that it's OK to break the rules... What a plonker

to all the above points. Brendan and Kelly danced beautifully and they didn't need to do three lifts; but perhaps Brendon was trying to raise their profile and as with the Kate theory, the more the Judges argue about you, the more public votes you get? Bruno deserved to be slated for giving a ten - his sentiment was niave at best.

I didn't think that Penny Lancaster deserved to be in the bottom two, but I hated that Samba routine. Also what was that with the mouth - she appeared to be trying to pout, but frankly, I just found it annoying! I felt she did some good basic footwork, but also some weird little 'steppy' steps elsewhere in the routine.

Elaine

I don't think that the audience should ultimately have the overall say in who is in the bottom two. IN my opinion it would be fairer if the 2 in last place on the judges score board had to dance again and the public could vote between those....what do ppl think? I was so upset that gabby went....she looked like she was trying not to cry....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DQueen View Post
    I don't think that the audience should ultimately have the overall say in who is in the bottom two. IN my opinion it would be fairer if the 2 in last place on the judges score board had to dance again and the public could vote between those....what do ppl think?
    Interesting idea, that. But I can't see how it'd be practical - given that people vote during the week, and that the amount of time between scoring and dance-off is very small, you'd have to totally re-structure the format to allow that sort of thing and still keep the public interest.

Blog Entries

These programmes are like any other when it comes to public votes.

If the public like you, doesn't matter if you dance or not, you have a chance at winning.

If they hate you, you could be the next Fred Astare and Ginger Rodgers, you will be out on ya ear.

Its all bolo5x but great viewing. I loved it that they kept the lesser dancers in. The faces of Gabby and the other one, priceless. Its no different to Ceroc dance competitions anyway is it, if ya face fits ya win... or so i hear!!!

With regards the the judges being able to pick two for the public vote as above............ dont be silly , that clearly doesn't make nearly as much money for the programme as opening the lines up for everybody. They have to pay for Bruce Forsythes wages somehow and of course the dresses they wear.

If they give really negative comments and very low scores, people will vote to keep people in.

IMHO a bit of basic politeness from the judges would alleviate these weird voting habits from the public.

Mind you, as weird as it may sound - I had a real buzz watching Kate and Anton's dance..... Looking fwd to next week!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty_baby View Post
    Mind you, as weird as it may sound - I had a real buzz watching Kate and Anton's dance.....
    I felt like hiding behind the sofa, personally.

I felt like hiding behind the sofa, personally.

Thats what I mean!
    I've never ever had such a weird hit before!

Anton discomforted, start/stoppy and out of sorts..... hehe
    ...Kate..... errrrrm.... ehh????

I was eating dinner at the time.... it was a case of "Gawk".... start/stop.... choking with amiable laughter.....

Hope that dosen't come across bad... I was laughing at the whole situation - rather than at Kate personally.

Its TV guys... entertainment - not a pure dance competition!
    hehe!

Roll on next week!

Martin

PS:
    I loved Aliesha's American smooth!... wow!

Thread Information