Thread: Gender balancing at weekenders

Gender balancing at weekenders

Moved from the Breeze thread - DavidJames

Quote Originally Posted by Pussycatdoll View Post
    Hi I'm a newbie on the forum and going to my first weekender in Breeze. I'm coming with two girlfriends who are beginners so I'm hoping we're all going to have a great time.

Room for 2 more
    So that all three of us could share together we had to book a classic 3 bedroom chalet so we also have accommodation and tickets for 2 guys (£99.00 each)...........
    Hmmm........... not quite the way to gender balance

Sorry to be a killjoy ...........but I often wondered why when organisers say they have kept the gender balance quite tight, then when you arrive there are still hords of women over .....

Here's how you do it ................
    Quote Originally Posted by as per classified advert
    So that three of us girls could share at Breeze we've booked a classic 3 bedroom chalet but have room and 2 tickets for 2 guys to share with us
    Last edited by David Bailey; 2nd-October-2007 at 10:44 AM.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Re: Ceroc Breeze, Brean Sands 12-14th Oct 07

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    And in fact if you didn't mind paying a bit more, you could have 3 girls booking that package and having a room each and not bother with finding the 2 men!

I don't see any way the organisers can avoid this though, under the current booking system.

Gender Balancing at Weekenders

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    And in fact if you didn't mind paying a bit more, you could have 3 girls booking that package and having a room each and not bother with finding the 2 men!

I don't see any way the organisers can avoid this though, under the current booking system.
    True, but it does make a mokery of the gender balance thing

(Note to moderators - could we make this a new thread, please)

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Apologies Minnie M - I take your point re the gender balance and though it perhaps reads that way this situation wasn't intentional - (I thought I'd spare the detail). Unfortunately things changed after we had booked and we are sadly without the original male company we had planned. As Lynn points out it could be very cool having a room each but it's also a more expensive option hence my efforts to find one or two guys who'd be happy to share with us. It's all new to me and next time I'll know just to depend on my girlfriends and book well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PCD
    Apologies Minnie M - I take your point re the gender balance and though it perhaps reads that way this situation wasn't intentional - (I thought I'd spare the detail). Unfortunately things changed after we had booked and we are sadly without the original male company we had planned. As Lynn points out it could be very cool having a room each but it's also a more expensive option hence my efforts to find one or two guys who'd be happy to share with us. It's all new to me and next time I'll know just to depend on my girlfriends and book well in advance.

Hi PussyCatDoll,

Don't feel bad. if it's any consolation I may end up screwing up the gender balance in the other direction.

Puddy Tat and I both booked chalets for 2 females, so as a pair we booked 4 female places! Now we are intending to share a 2 Bed Club Chalet together So I am selling my Budget Chalet (we'll swap hers for the 2 Bed Club).

If my chalet doesn't sell, then Breeze will be two women down.

Did I hear tears?

I didn't think so....

I look forward to meeting you PCD, and I hope you get some guys to fill your pad, you certainly are selling it well

And, if any women want to go to Breeze, don't forget I have a 1 bed budget chalet access all areas £118 o.n.o. for 2 women up for grabs.

ZW

Re: Gender balancing at weekenders

Moved from the Breeze thread - DavidJames

Hmmm........... not quite the way to gender balance

Sorry to be a killjoy ...........but I often wondered why when organisers say they have kept the gender balance quite tight, then when you arrive there are still hords of women over .....

There did seem to be a fair few ladies over in main room at Bliss but more men by 2/3am when the fair ladies had retired for the evening. Haven't however seen a major inbalance at ceroc /Southport events. Franco different of course where you could have ladies 3 deep in the main room

Of course any event you could if you want to 'book a man /female' place and the 'man' could be 'ill' over that weekend. You cant stop that

Unfortunately things changed after we had booked and we are sadly without the original male company we had planned. As Lynn points out it could be very cool having a room each but it's also a more expensive option hence my efforts to find one or two guys who'd be happy to share with us.
    We weren't saying you were intending this as you are actually posting looking for guys to share and had planned to share. I was just observing it is possible as the system is currently set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman View Post
    And, if any women want to go to Breeze, don't forget I have a 1 bed budget chalet access all areas £118 o.n.o. for 2 women up for grabs.
    Tempting...

We weren't saying you were intending this as you are actually posting looking for guys to share and had planned to share. I was just observing it is possible as the system is currently set up.
    Understood! I am surprised at how easy it would be to skew the balance (and regrettably may end up doing so!).

Thanks to all for the welcome to the forum - looking forward to putting faces and dances to usernames!
    Last edited by David Bailey; 2nd-October-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Quotes

It was not meant to be personal, if you took it that way, I apologise

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    And, if any women want to go to Breeze, don't forget I have a 1 bed budget chalet access all areas £118 o.n.o. for 2 women up for grabs
    Tempting...
    please come Lynn - I haven't seen you since June Southport and it is going to be such a fab weekend

--ooOoo--

please come Lynn - I haven't seen you since June Southport and it is going to be such a fab weekend
    Sadly not enough leave, so would need to be a Fri - Sun thing, and not the easiest place to get to via public transport, esp on Fri night/Sun. (I know, as I looked into it all for last year.)

Question Re: Gender balancing at weekenders

Has this actually happened for a gender balanced weekender.

Lol this gender balance is never going 2 work in the mean time....
    Leaves me with more girls to dance with

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    Has this actually happened for a gender balanced weekender.
    Most 'weekender organisers' try very hard to make sure there is equal number of male & female dancers - but unfortunately it hasn't really worked. There always seems to be more women then men ............. but, lots of ladies retire early, so if you don't mind dancing to the early hours (past 2am) there doesn't seem to be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
    Lol this gender balance is never going 2 work....

Maybe but ..........I remember what it was like without out the Gender Balancing

--ooOoo--

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
    Lol this gender balance is never going 2 work in the mean time....
    Leaves me with more girls to dance with
    Maybe but ..........I remember what it was like without out the Gender Balancing
    So do I and believe it or not Vegetable, it may not actually be quite as much fun as you think it might.. A whole weekend of continually being being jumped on, stalked and not being able to sit down without someone moaning, you haven't danced with me yet and then trying to drag you up, when all you really want, is five minutes rest, to get a change of Tshirt and to grab a drink, can get a bit tiresome especially when you don't get to choose any of the dancers yourself

I'm afraid, it usually comes down to, pushy girls, the ones who are slightly less gracioius in their aproach, getting most dances and the one's, who don't like having to resort to leaping on their prey, sitting out and having a miserable time of it!

I was lucky at the time, I had a partner who looked after me and made sure he danced with me loads but I know he didn't enjoy having to knock back 3 women at a time, all of whom had been standing round the edge, during the previous track, getting ready to pounce.

I think 'dance raped' is the expression commonly used!

Still, you might be like Stewart38, he likes that sort of thing!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

I'm afraid, it usually comes down to, pushy girls, the ones who are slightly less gracioius in their aproach, getting most dances and the one's, who don't like having to resort to leaping on their prey, sitting out and having a miserable time of it!

D
    A good description of the intemperate nature of some followers. How do we know that the same pushy ones are not the ones who rush in to book the tickets early and making life so hard for the wonderful rest?

I will get flamed for saying this by the "Dance with Everyone" brigade - I try to dance with everyone but if I get stalked or asked in a pushy way by the same follower a couple of times she is not getting another dance with me. I'll be dancing with the quiet one who is probably feeling left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

especially when you don't get to choose any of the dancers yourself

As long as i get some dances with you

And im not so worried saves me time looking for some 1 haha, and i love every 1 in the blues room any way so cant go rong

If anyone is concerned about the gender balance for BlazeII and looking to sponsor a male slot, let me know

{Worth a try? Unless I get a visit from the cash fairy, it looks doubtfull I can go ...}

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    I will get flamed for saying this by the "Dance with Everyone" brigade - I try to dance with everyone but if I get stalked or asked in a pushy way by the same follower a couple of times she is not getting another dance with me. I'll be dancing with the quiet one who is probably feeling left out.
    Hooray for some leaders like this. (As a quiet one who tends to sit out.)

Yes I will sometimes 'stalk' a dancer I want to get a dance with but who I know is really popular and I know its the only way I can get a dance with them. But my stalking is usually very tame and often consists of sitting nearby when they are dancing and trying to catch their gaze so that when they have finished dancing with their current partner they can come and ask me if they want. Not exactly agressive!

That simply does not work if there is a big gender imbalance. A lead will either get asked before he can cross the few feet to come and ask me, or else if I try to go to ask someone I get almost trampled by other women rushing ahead. I'm just not pushy enough.

Sadly not enough leave, so would need to be a Fri - Sun thing, and not the easiest place to get to via public transport, esp on Fri night/Sun. (I know, as I looked into it all for last year.)
    Take monday as a sickie

were leaving late friday happy to pick you up

within reason

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Take monday as a sickie
    Yeah, after a dance weekender... (do have some TOIL to take though)
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    were leaving late friday happy to pick you up

within reason
    Great, if you could just call by Belfast on the way then.

Thread Information