Thread: F.o.o.m.

F.o.o.m.

FrIends of OL Marvel

That's what they called it. It was 50p to join and I couldn't afford it although other kids managed to join this exclusive club.

(Strangely, I could afford to buy Enid Blyton books...sometimes may be one or two a week! And Spider Man and Marvel and the Avengers and Donald and Mickey although I gave up on Disneyland.)

I still love the early marvel comics and the artwork. My favourite was Daredevil and I fancied the Valkyrie. I also loved Spiderman and even managed to get my hands on the FANTASTIC annual of 1967....a brilliant work. Somehow it was lost when I moved house and I think it was nicked.

Are there any other middle aged weirdo/nerds like me who still love Marvel comics but not other comics? (I have to admit that after I lost interest in the Disney stuff, it was only Marvel that I liked. i didn't really like DC or the other comic publishers. I liked the bold brash vivid Marvel colours with the fantastic pop art.)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: F.o.o.m.

ive got a few modern graphic novels and such like but Im not Marvel biased, i have DC, Independant, 2000ad and such like too...

Re: F.o.o.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Are there any other middle aged weirdo/nerds like me who still love Marvel comics but not other comics? (I have to admit that after I lost interest in the Disney stuff, it was only Marvel that I liked. i didn't really like DC or the other comic publishers. I liked the bold brash vivid Marvel colours with the fantastic pop art.)
    I was a Marvel boy myself , probably still got about 300 of them. No fantasic four no1 in mint conditions though

Been a while since i checked if they had any value

Most would be mid late 70s some late 60s

Mrs Marvel No1
    Nova No1

lots of first issues from the 70s but (cira 85 nothing of value)

Think i had nearly whole set of 2 in 1 with 'The Thing'

Dr Doom cira 1969 and a older Dare Devil

had a whole store in kingston dedicated to comics

Never got into DC comics

My father (dead now) had (we still have) a lot of 1950s sci fi. these are more like books 'What If' etc

I dont know if they have any value ??

Thread Information