Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The road to Ceroc.

Re: The road to Ceroc.

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    ......... typical Ceroc dancers? Hmm maybe I'll stick to giving therapy to older adults.... ..awkward moments when i have run into patients at dancing as well!
    you're expected to dance with them, not knock them over in the rush to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Probably not

... but in terms of wanting to dance all the time once you're hooked, yup.
    Oh pooh.. I could end up in court...Is there a Ceroc Anonamous to help me manage this addiction.. because that's what it is! Does it ease with time? Do you get a proper sence of proption once you've feel you've reached a certain level?.....help!!!! Advice please.....I think I'm in trouble.

I knew lots of people who do Ceroc, most of whom didn't know each other, who all loved it. I don't have any other dancing experience, but I decided to go and check it out one time. The girls I went with were amazed that I actually wanted to come, apparently guys who come usually have a girl twisting their arm!

Plus I'd heard there's usually lots of girls and not as many guys...

The soldiers return (and airmen, and ...)

Young service-men. away at war, returning, wanting to play catch-up with the girls. One small reward might be for the Government to pay for dance lessons for those that want them.

Oh, O.K. service-women too.

Never been able to dance..the only thing in the world that put me outside my comfort zone...but whilst married it didnt matter.
    Four years ago..became single..went to places that dancing was the way to meet girls...but just couldnt do it...so 4 weeks ago....gave up playing football..kept getting injured anyway...and hey ho..loving it already.
    However I did want to learn to dance..but aside from that..loads of girls....always more girls..and did I mention girls...

Graham

Registered User bubblyblondenutter's Avatar

we were out on a girls night out and everyone was dancing. the hangover wasn't very good the follow day and my friend told me that she wanted to go and try ceroc. i agreed to go with her after looking it up on the internet.
    i remember turning up on the first night and we signed the forms etc, when we got in to dundee social i wondered what was going on.. there were no ladies only men . turns out that it was the dundee fc committee meeting. my directions aren't very good but i knew thats where we were meant to be.
    thankfully a few others turned up and told us that it was at a different venue that night so i followed pauline in the car.
    as soon as the music started i was hooked. i have been dancing for 4 months now and have met some great people and some close friends.
    i still get letters sent to me from dundee fc and i am a celtic fan!

Why did you Start Ceroc

Mod note... Merged from another thread. Lory

I hope this is under the right section as one could argue that it is dance related. But I hope it will be fun nonetheless. Of course most of you will have started because you wanted to get fit, meet other people/pull and so on. Might be though that there are other reasons like mine. I, with another friend friend was asked by a mutual girlfriend of ours to chaperon her. We eventually agreed to go on the condition that WE DID NOT DANCE. Rob met his wife there but has since stopped dancing, but I still dance. Sarah refuses to dance with either of us saying that we are too good (actually she started saying that after about 6 months). That was in 1993.

any more fun and or odd reasons for starting?
    Last edited by Lory; 25th-February-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Re: Why did you Start Ceroc

Quite a few different, completely unrelated girls suggested that I "should do Ceroc!".. - a friend, random girl I met on holiday, someone at work... - this spanned over the course of about a year and a half before I actually went!

..but they never really discribed it very well to me. I just thought of the name "Ceroc" - - and the name alone left me with visions of something that sounded really pikey & cheesey. My reply usually was, - "hmmmmm - well, I think i'd rather do Salsa".., but I never had the bottle to turn up to a class.

I've always liked dance though, - my reason for going was nothing to do with pulling (still isn't), or getting fit (as I was quite active anyway).

It was only when a work friend said "I'll go Ceroc with you, lets go tonight" - than I actually made it through the door, - and i've been cursing myself ever since that I didnt make it through the door sooner.

I was walking past the Harpur centre in Bedford one night when I heard music I liked. I was bold enough to open the huge door and look inside. I had first danced jive at 15, and love jiving to Traditional Jazz, so I was in there and hooked ...

I just got a FB message yesterday, Saturday, that the girl who made me start Ceroc (though she only lasted a week or two), is coming to Sri Lanka tomorrow.

Haven't seen her for 16 years. Very exciting.

An ex had US ( no choice involved!!) try salsa which was ok but her friends suggested Ceroc in Edinburgh, well WE never made it to ceroc (WE parted company ), and 1 year later i wandered into The Salutation in Perth and 1 month and the beginner workshop in Glasgow later i was hooked.....only a beginner hence Rookie

Thread Information