Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which mobile phone to buy????

Re: which mobile phone to buy????

Quote Originally Posted by pmjd View Post
    ........A couple of weeks ago I bought a SonyEricsson K810i..............Out of all the phones I've had I say SonyEricsson's were the best........
    Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    Something not too big, decentish camera. Not too bothered about mobile internet etc

oh - and something cheap cos I'm good at loosing phones and having them nicked
    I've just been upgraded to a SonyEricsson K810i - getting used to the touch screen, and not sure about the photo/video stuff - but pleased to know it has been recommened on this thread TWICE

Go for Linda and you can tell me how the 5mega pixies work

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Used to be a Nokia phone fan until my daughter talked me into getting a Sony Ericsson,have now had several and have been happy with them all.There's a new one due out at the beginning of March,the W980i,due an upgrade then so will probably go for that.
    Have a look on their web site,it looks good.8GB internal memory and a good camera.

Something not too big, decentish camera. Not too bothered about mobile internet etc

oh - and something cheap cos I'm good at loosing phones and having them nicked
    I would go with a Sony Ericsson if I were you, I think. You don't need one of the fancy big numbered ones, though they do have the best cameras...

Think something like the K220i might be what you're after...
    Last edited by ducasi; 26th-February-2008 at 12:34 AM.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Blog Entries

I had a Motorola Razr for a very long time because I was happy with it, then I upgraded to a Samsung U600. Reading the specs, it's clear that the Samsung is much better, but I preferred my old Motorola. Much easier to setup/use etc.
    BTW, I'm the type that just wants a phone, cameras and stuff are nice, but I don't really give a t0ss.

I am replacing my P990i, an awful "smart phone" that I still can’t use, even after a year

Orange are suggesting an HTC Dual

Coolsmartphone.com - HTC Touch Dual

Any one used one of these

My main requirement is something that syncs with MS outlook

Don’t need email but do like touch screen

Just spent a lot of time researching for a new mobile. It really depends on what you want out of it and your budget.

What Mobile magazine is out at the moment and gives reviews and specs on all mobiles. Worth a read.

Also worth checking: Mobile Phones - Compare thousands of Mobile Phones & Mobile Phone Deals with Mobileshop.com lot of info on all phones.

Good luck

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions

another website I've been looking at is Mobile Phones UK - has lots of reviews/phone specs

Still undecided though - favs at moment are Samsung G600, Samsung G900 or K100I

something that allows mobile telephone calls.

Any recommendations most appreciated[/QUOTE]

I gave away my SE V630i which was a mistake as I think it was a great phone, although camera was not fantastic.

I have a N95 which was a gift and on second one now. Camera good but battery life really bad. I will be back with Ericsson next time I think

Quote Originally Posted by mick s View Post
    I have a N95 which was a gift and on second one now. Camera good but battery life really bad. I will be back with Ericsson next time I think
    The latest firmware update improved the battery life for my N95. No longer have to charge it every day!

The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    Orange are suggesting an HTC Dual
    Coolsmartphone.com - HTC Touch Dual
    Any one used one of these
    My main requirement is something that syncs with MS outlook
    Don’t need email but do like touch screen
    I'm on my 3rd HTC phone in 4 years. Nothing wrong with the previous ones, but they kept offering me free upgrades. Currently I have the TyTN II, which has 3G/HSDPA (ie very quick internet connection), WiFi & GPS. It syncs with Outlook 2003 at work and 2007 at home without any problems. It has a slide-out querty keyboard and tilting screen which is nice, but I tend to use the stylus on the screen out of habit.

A couple of friends at work have the HTC Touch (not the Touch Dual). One was really happy, the other wasn't. They suggested that models build in Taiwan were far better made than ones build in China.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    Outlook 2003 at work and 2007 at home .
    I am the other way round

End up with the Touch dual

Very impressed so far, but, at the moment having trouble with the qwerty touch screeen key board, (the side out is numeric)

Big Big problem - it is missing musicality 2

How do I tell if its build in Taiwan or China.

The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    How do I tell if its build in Taiwan or China.
    It usually says on a sticker behind the battery.

And what is 'musicality 2'?

I have a Sony Ericsson K800i for the last year and a clunky old HP Ipaq H5550 PDA. I'd like a combination smart phone but do NOT want a symbian phone NOR an iPhone.

Any ideas? or should I just get a new phone AND a new PDA? Am currently on O2

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Any ideas? or should I just get a new phone AND a new PDA? Am currently on O2
    Since I was flooded with replies I did a little digging. I spoke to the guy in the 02 Shop and I think I'm PROBABLY going for the HTC TYTN II ... aka the O2 - XDA Stellar Unless anyone has any good reasons NOT to?

Cool Re: which mobile phone to buy????

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    The latest firmware update improved the battery life for my N95. No longer have to charge it every day!
    For extended battery life on the N95 8GB you need to make sure that you're not running any apps when you don't need them. They can whir away in the background and they chomp your mA hours

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    For extended battery life on the N95 8GB you need to make sure that you're not running any apps when you don't need them. They can whir away in the background and they chomp your mA hours
    That's certainly true – though the easiest apps to leave running – Log & Contacts – aren't likely to cause much of a problem...

Saw this thread - I was thinking of upgrading my phone (a 5 yo Nokia that just did texts and calls which I was happy enough with) when someone gave me their Sony Ericsson K800i (with a 512 memory card) because they were upgrading (to a newer model). And I really like it, not only do I have lots of new features that I didn't have on my old phone (like music and a camera, which seems to be pretty decent) but its been so easy to use (also v easy to put music on). I'm pleased with it so far.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Sony Ericsson K770i (purple, of course). Anyone got one? I primarily want it for regular calls & texting with occasional video calling - does it manage the video calls ok? Have read a couple of doubtful reviews and lots of positive ones, but I'm always happiest with a more personal recommendation or not. So if you have one or know of one, I'd be grateful for opinions.

Thanks,
    LC

Thanks for the suggestions

another website I've been looking at is Mobile Phones UK - has lots of reviews/phone specs

Still undecided though - favs at moment are Samsung G600, Samsung G900 or K100I
    The samsungs my friends have had have had crappy volume - ie difficulty in hearing the people talking to you. Nokia & Sony Ericsson are better in this regard.
    Samsung are cheaper and look funky (some are good copies of the better phones on the market) - so if you're prone to loosing your phone this would be a benefit.
    It is possible to get those cords to strap to your phone (the Asian market are into them) so that you don't leave your phone lying around - although they're not really a fashion accessory by any means .
    I like a clam-shell phone - saves me accidentally calling someone when it's in my bag or pocket (I know the others have a keypad option - but I've managed to bypass them too!). Nokia has had some nice ones - so that's what I have. Sony Ericsson's are groovy looking phones (although some of the keypads are disfunctional with the eeny weeny keys) and have the better cameras if you're into that.
    My current phone has an mp3 player in it - which is handy. Also it has a memory card so that I can store stuff on it then move it to my computer - also a handy option.

Thread Information