Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: which mobile phone to buy????

Re: which mobile phone to buy????

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Help! Any ideas what I might have done to accidentally turn this off and how I can turn it on again?
    I had this problem for a while – can't remember what the cause was though!

Think it might have been a problem with the SIM card... You should ask your network for help.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    I had this problem for a while – can't remember what the cause was though!

Think it might have been a problem with the SIM card... You should ask your network for help.
    It worked fine after I put it in the phone for the first week or so - but I was changing lots of settings and it seems to have been since that. So I thought I'd changed something or other...

1471 still gives me the last number that rang, it just doesn't seem to show any made/recieved or missed calls on the phone itself though it does show me that I have missed calls and how many I have.

It worked fine after I put it in the phone for the first week or so - but I was changing lots of settings and it seems to have been since that. So I thought I'd changed something or other...

1471 still gives me the last number that rang, it just doesn't seem to show any made/recieved or missed calls on the phone itself though it does show me that I have missed calls and how many I have.
    Is it missing altogether, even on the call register that you can find on the main menu?

Quote Originally Posted by pmjd View Post
    Is it missing altogether, even on the call register that you can find on the main menu?
    When I get missed calls a pop up tells me I have missed calls but when I then go to view on the call register there are no new missed calls, made calls, received calls etc since 18th March.

I presume I've changed settings somehow on 18th March and am not sure what I have done.

Had a quick check and one suggestion is that the call registers are full, so won't take anymore numbers. Just go to the call register and delete them by going for the All list, pick more and find the delete all option

Ta, have tried that - though there only were about 3 calls listed as I'd only had the phone a few days (given to me by a friend). Worth a try...

If all else fails there is the master reset

Ta, have tried that - though there only were about 3 calls listed as I'd only had the phone a few days (given to me by a friend). Worth a try...
    I'm remembering more...

The problem was with a new SIM I got to do 3G on my new phone. I think it too initially worked and told me the numbers of calls, but after a SIM update from Orange, it stopped working.

I resolved the problem by getting yet another new SIM, this time on a pay-monthly basis, rather than pay-as-you-go.

Is it possible that a SIM update to your phone broke it?
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Hmm.. even though only a few calls listed I wonder was there all the calls the person before had in the phone's memory somewhere but not showing? And that have now been cleared?

At any rate, I've cleared all the calls as suggested and then tried ringing it from my land line and it did show up as a missed call! Also tried the other way round and its showing as a dialled call. Yay!

So clearly its not a SIM or settings problem. Though it might mean for some reason it can't remember many calls and I will have to delete calls pretty often - would rather not have to keep clearing it but at least it would mean that I could know who had called when I have it on silent/miss calls. I will see how it goes.

Thanks for your help guys!

Thread Information