View Poll Results: Will you be able to make it?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I "can, can, can"...

18 75.00%
  • I "can't, can't, can't"...

6 25.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daventry 2 room freestyle Sat 20th Oct

Re: Daventry 2 room freestyle Sat 20th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    - Additional special guest DJ (I still don't know who though)...........
    the lovely Rachel and wot a great set too

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Best night I have had at Daventry.

The blues room was fantastic. The music was brill
    Hopefully we will hear more of Rachel's DJing and Marc as usual was fantastic.

Could not really get into the music in the main room but the blues room more than made up for that.

It was great to see so many forumites and dance with many of you.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Dynamo View Post
    Hopefully we will hear more of Rachel's DJing
    Come to Blaze then , she's DJing in the Blues room on Friday evening from 1.30am-close
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post

I personally didn't enjoy it

Don't even understand why

Lovely people, I had some great dances............ but ........... just couldn't get into it

Plus I got really badly kicked on my ankle (it is very swollen and still hurts)
    So sorry this spoilt your evening Minnie - especially after coming all this way. Hope the ankle is recovering

the lovely Rachel and wot a great set too
    Indeed the music in the blues room was great.

I had a very enjoyable evening myself. Lots of fab dances with some familiar faces and some new ones too. Amir and Cat were fantastic.

Looking forward to the James Bond theme free-style at Dav in December - anyone know if that will also have the second blues room and a late finish?

Commercial Operator

I really enjoyed this Daventry. I wasn't going. Had decided I had too much to do this weekend after all the weekenders and with Blaze next weekend that I would give this a miss. Like I said before the first one I didn't enjoy so I didn't really mind. However loads of my friends kept hassling me and telling me that I must go and after watching SCD I just had to dance. Fortunately I had a new dress which needed wearing so it wasn't long before Stokie and I were on our way.

At first I couldn't get into and I thought it was going to be another miserable night like the time before. I flitted from room to room but just couldn't feel it. The problem was it was just too early for blues. I find blues hard to get into straight from a long car journey. Blues for me works best in the early hours of the morning and even better if it's a weekender. So even though the music was awesome (and Rachel it really was) I just couldn't get into the blues room. This meant I kept venturing back into the boing boing room and I hated it in there. The music was well boing boing! Have to say the lighting was a huge deal better in that big room this time. Last time it really felt like dancing in a gym and I didn't like that. There was just no ambiance. This time the lighting made the whole room feel much more welcoming and it was a huge improvement.

Watched the cabaret and really enjoyed it. Thought the group cabaret was very good, everyone was really together and it was fun to watch. As for Amir and Cat. Wow! How do they make it look so damn easy. You just watch them and you are hypnotised. It's beautiful. After the cabaret the guest DJ Flynn (think that was his name) came on and I stayed and got a few dances. The dances I had were good fun but that music was so not me. I don't like dissing DJ's and I'm sure that many people liked his music but it didn't do it for me.

This meant I headed back to the blues room. By now it was about 11 and the blues room was more alive. I felt so much happier in this room. The actual room was lovely. Nicely redocorated, great lighting, good ventilation and great ambiance and atmosphere. Marc and Rachel on the decks and many fabulous people to dance with. That is where I stayed for the rest of the night until I was finally kicked out at 4am by the people trying to lock up - well almost!

So I finally experienced Daventry and understood what people are saying about it. I will definitely go again. The 3am finish made it perfect for me. I really don't see much point in going places for midnight finishes, especially when Marcs the DJ. Any chance of a 4am finish next time?

Thanks everyone for my fantastic dances. You know who you are.

Hi everyone!

I personally enjoyed Daventry this time... even tho a few people have said to me that it wasn't the same experience as they have had previously.

It did take me a while to get into the swing of things but finally settled myself in the Blues Room most of the night Excellent set by Rachel (and Marc ).. Thanx to Mark for my tag dance to "Everything".

Some really great dances with lots of you.. need to say a special thank you to the guy that danced "Hungry Eyes" with me.. Don't know if you are on the forum or not but ...wow....

Thanx to everyone I led too

Must mention that we need more Chesney Marc Loved leading Jamie to it whilst you were packing up.. albeit with one shoe on whilst Tom played football with my other shoe

Only down side was the journey home but thankfully Jamie let me have a power nap...

Fun night tho and looking forward to next one

Roll on Blaze II

Nice meeting you EL

I personally didn't enjoy it

Don't even understand why

Lovely people, I had some great dances............ but ........... just couldn't get into it
    I know exactly how you feel minnie. I had about 6 dances the whole night, i couldnt get into it, it wasnt the right atmosphere. I did enjoy the cabaret however, amir and cat's was amazing, and dancelicious (basically the lovely alex and emma's cabaret, was fantastic!) well done guys!

caz loved our bouncy dance to let there be love lol, jamie it was so lovely to see your face light up wen i presented you with spongebob lol and trevor thanks for the tango style dance lol

i didnt feel very well saturday however so i couldnt enjoy myself as much, was completly exhausted, special thanks to dad for taking me home and still coming back to take all the lights down

oh and last of all, Marc your set was fantastic and Rachel good for you, having a go, you were fab!!! i think we have a new contender in the girl dj apartment lol!

I dont think il do daventry again, i reckon a night out with my mates will be good instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    I dont think il do daventry again, i reckon a night out with my mates will be good instead!

Its a strange one Daventry, its my favourite freestly, but I can understand why you feel like this

It had a slow start with the Rugby on

I felt better when I got my dress off

spent most of the evening in the main room untill it closed and then went into the blues room, not sure bouncy 'Fletch' is understood by all but at 28 i'm not ready to grow up yet
    Last edited by David Bailey; 23rd-October-2007 at 04:26 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid, I didn't enjoy it either.

I can't stand the main room there, whatever's done to it, will never disguise the fact its a HUGE sports hall. Its horrible!

As for the Blues room.. the music was good the decor's good and the floor was good but for some reason, I just couldn't get into it.

Don't get me wrong, the evening wasn't an entire nightmare, in fact, individually I had some terrific dances but the gaps between them were too wide.

Also, something else might have affected my night... No one seemed to recognise me I asked a guy I know quite well to dance and he agreed in a 'polite respectful' manor, then about 20-30seconds into the dance he shouted, OMG, its YOU!!!! Marc and Rachel openly debated whether it was me or not, with me standing right in front of them! And I had several other comments too... Its amazing what a bit of RED lipstick can do!

I don't think i'd travel all that way again, unless I was meeting up with friends and staying over somewhere.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

I can't stand the main room there, whatever's done to it, will never disguise the fact its a HUGE sports hall. Its horrible!

As for the Blues room.. the music was good the decor's good and the floor was good but for some reason, I just couldn't get into it.

Don't get me wrong, the evening wasn't an entire nightmare, in fact, individually I had some terrific dances but the gaps between them were too wide.

Also, something else might have affected my night... No one seemed to recognise me I asked a guy I know quite well to dance and he agreed in a 'polite respectful' manor, then about 20-30seconds into the dance he shouted, OMG, its YOU!!!! Marc and Rachel openly debated whether it was me or not, with me standing right in front of them! And I had several other comments too... Its amazing what a bit of RED lipstick can do!
    I didnt notice you were there either lory lol! that lipstick must have been a good accesory for disguising lol!
    Last edited by Lory; 22nd-October-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I'm afraid, I didn't enjoy it either. .......Also, something else might have affected my night... No one seemed to recognise me
    I didn't either! I didn't get there til 11.20 and it seemed like everyone I spoke to arrived around this time too! So I would imagine it was quite flat before this. There were too many women again and like you Lory the dances I had were with wonderful partners but I couldn't get into it at all. ( At least It wasn't just me, I was getting worried I had completely lost my Mojo)
    I probably wouldn't have recognised you either if you hadn't come up to me, it was a combination of the lipstick, different hairstyle and you not dressed completely in black

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I didn't either! ........... ( At least It wasn't just me, I was getting worried I had completely lost my Mojo).........
    thanks for that .......... I thought it was me too ........ strange how some evenings can appear have all the right ingrediants but something still seems to be missing (for some of us that is)

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Daventry was for me also a bit of a strange night

It's one of my favourite freestyles normally and I had some great dances but just couldn't get into it.

Great to see so many friendly forumites , music was fab (Rachel - you were superb - Marc better watch out) and Amir&Cat's demo was truly amazing

The blues room floor was good and much improved but I do find the layout of the room difficult. You either stand at the bar with the masses and be prepared for a bit of a bunfight for a dance, or, you stand elsewhere and reduce your chances of being asked - I'll get the hang of it, eventually (though I'm sure there were fewer men there)

So all in all, not my best night there, but still worth going. For the music/people alone - top marks.

Maybe it was because I wore a dress - back to the top/trousers combo next time methinks...

It seems quite a lot of folk had a disappointing night at Daventry (Minnie M, Minnie Mac, Lory, Cruella, Helen B.)

Nothing to do with the fact that I danced with them all I hope !

Thank goodness I didn't manage to ruin the night for Twirly Bird, Caz and Fletch

It seems quite a lot of folk had a disappointing night at Daventry (Minnie M, Minnie Mac, Lory, Cruella, Helen B.)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    ...I had some great dances
    Not at all your fault - our dances were lovely (as per usual)

Thank for my lovely dances it definitely wasn't you

--ooOoo--

I'm in with the ladies on this one, Minnie M, Minnie Mac, Lory, Cruella, HelenB, I didn't have a great time.
    What spoilt it for me was the music. In the Main Room, I felt far too often that the DJ's were trying to impress themselves and each other with their selection, rather than entertain the PAYING public. Why so much obscure, "challenging" music. Anyone who DJ'ed at Daventry should contact Erick or Annette in London for advice on Main Room music. In the COZ we had Marc Forster. A great DJ but at times on Saturday I felt he had really lost the plot. Eg. His Top 6 favourite tracks that he finished his set with. OK, its good pop music but not music that should ever be played (IMHO) at 2.45am in a Chill Out Zone. Why have pop music in the COZ?
    2.5 hours travelling time (each way) plus 11 quid on the door. Definitely not worth it.

I totally agree with miguel , i didnt enjoy the music in the main room at all! And the special guest dj "Flynn" i hadnt even heard off and he played a lot of swing, which i didnt enjoy. The only song i liked in the main room was "Moondance" by Van Morrison.

I arrived at Daventry at 11:15, thankfully missing all the swing, danced mainly in the mainroom until it closed which is unusual for me as the music doesn't usually inspire. All but 1 dances were superb, danced a bit in the blues room once the crush had died down and disappeared at 2:30 when I couldn't stay awake any longer - note to self don't go out drinking the night before.
    All in all a superb night, best for a while & I'll do the late start next time...

I don't think i'd travel all that way again, unless I was meeting up with friends and staying over somewhere.
    I always enjoy dancing with you Lory.

I didnt spend that much time in the main room. I really enjoyed Marc and Rachels' sets. Just had a wicked time and thanks to Jamie for the new move. Which I promptly forgot.

Thread Information