Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grumpy old (or otherwise) women's thread

Re: Grumpy old (or otherwise) women's thread

Interesting this thread is still going on while the mens has largely stopped

Proves the point women never stop moaning

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Interesting this thread is still going on while the mens has largely stopped

Proves the point women never stop moaning
    Why would we when we've got men to moan about? (As opposed to men making us moan... quite a different issue! )

(I've been spending too much time in the upstairs threads!)

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Why would we when we've got men to moan about? (As opposed to men making us moan... quite a different issue! )

(I've been spending too much time in the upstairs threads!)

I think you find my bad jokes make you GROAN dear.. not MOAN..

jeez and she talks about my bad typos !!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Long story, so I'll stick to the bit that made me grumpy -

People who text, chew gum and smoke all at the same time, whist ignoring their unruly children.
    Blimey!! Sounds like she should have her own TV show.

Blog Entries

/rant mode on

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

I have just had the following conversation about video tapes with my dad:

Dad: Where's the tape that belongs in this box?
    Me: I don't know, I haven't seen it.
    Dad: What about the one in your room, is that it?
    Me: No, it's not in my room.
    Dad: What's on the tape you have, because I've got a box spare and no tape to put in it.
    Me: The only tape that's in my room is the one with Friends on it, I know that because I was watching it yesterday.
    Dad: Well, where's the one from here?
    Me: I don't know.
    Dad: Are you sure it's not ended up in your room?
    Me: No, I definitely don't have any lying around.

*cue trip to my room to prove there are no spare tapes kicking around*

Me: See?
    Dad: Maybe you've put it in the wrong box by accident.
    Me: I couldn't have, because you've had both my spare tapes since July.
    Dad: So tell me where the one from this box is then!
    Me: How can I if I DON'T KNOW?!!

Now I love my parents to bits and wouldn't be without them... but why oh why do I have to say things at least 3 times before the message gets through? Am I that hard to understand? Do people start speaking in a different language once they reach a certain age or something? This is just one example and it's driving me to the point of naughty words!!! (and I mean really naughty ones)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

/rant mode off

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post
    /rant mode on
    /rant mode off
    Hehehe, Parents, eh?

Can't live with 'em, can't bury them under the patio.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post

Now I love my parents to bits and wouldn't be without them... but why oh why do I have to say things at least 3 times before the message gets through? Am I that hard to understand? Do people start speaking in a different language once they reach a certain age or something? This is just one example and it's driving me to the point of naughty words!!! (and I mean really naughty ones)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
    It took a lot of effort to get my parents to consider me as an equal adult. In their minds, they were still looking out for me. This is obviously a positive trait but at times this led them to "think for me" or on occasions such as the one you describe, to assume that I was more likely to be "wrong" than them.

I suspect that when you display enough wisdom and maturity you can gently lead them to consider you as an equal, albeit one that they love and care for very much still.

People who insist on getting on any form of public transport BEFORE other people have had a chance to get off - drives me nuts!

Watched a woman with six children (all aged between about 6 and 9) pushing her way onto the bus this morning and getting them to do the same whilst others were trying to get off. What sort of consideration for others is this teaching the children?! They're going to grow up entirely selfish with a role model like that! Never mind what would've happend if one of them had been knocked over and hurt...

And yes, I am in a grumpy mood today...

People who insist on getting on any form of public transport BEFORE other people have had a chance to get off - drives me nuts!
    That really does my noggin in. Also, I can't stand it when you are lucky enough to get a seat on the tube and some standy uppy numpty shoves his ruck sack in your face when you are trying to read the Metro.

Im a bit grumpy today because my wisdom teeth on my left side both bottom and top are pushing through at the SAME TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Im a bit grumpy today because my wisdom teeth on my left side both bottom and top are pushing through at the SAME TIME
    Ouch, you have my sympathies with that one, have a

I had a nightmare with my wisdom teeth, mostly due to the incompetence of the Whitechapel Dental hospital Had to have them all out individually - three under local anaesthetics, one under a general - for that one, they had me at the hospital, in the gown, waiting to go in, a friend came in with me and my father coming to collect me afterwards (if you don't have someone to sit with you, they won't do the op as they don't have enough staff to look after you whilst you come round) and the dentist looked at my x-rays (the ones they'd lost earlier in the day) and said cheerfully "oh, I don't think that we really need to do this" After two years of waiting and all the prep, I said that I was having the op regardless as I didn't want to find that the "badly impacted" tooth was going to give me gyp in a few weeks time and I'd have to go through it all again (this was the end of a long drawn out saga).

I then had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic and was really ill afterwards

I HATE the Whitechapel Dental Institute

Ouch, you have my sympathies with that one, have a
    Thanks

I had a nightmare with my wisdom teeth, mostly due to the incompetence of the Whitechapel Dental hospital Had to have them all out individually - three under local anaesthetics, one under a general - for that one, they had me at the hospital, in the gown, waiting to go in, a friend came in with me and my father coming to collect me afterwards (if you don't have someone to sit with you, they won't do the op as they don't have enough staff to look after you whilst you come round) and the dentist looked at my x-rays (the ones they'd lost earlier in the day) and said cheerfully "oh, I don't think that we really need to do this" After two years of waiting and all the prep, I said that I was having the op regardless as I didn't want to find that the "badly impacted" tooth was going to give me gyp in a few weeks time and I'd have to go through it all again (this was the end of a long drawn out saga).

I then had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic and was really ill afterwards

I HATE the Whitechapel Dental Institute
    Never been there!! Is there a cure for this pain in my mouth?

What sort of pain is it? You could try ibruprofen for the swelling, and things like oil of cloves can help numb the area, or bonjella I think (or anything for mouth ulcers). But I'd check with a pharmacist first, and see your dentist if it's really bad.

After I'd had mine out, there were little shards of bone or tooth left behind, these spent the next couple of years working their way up and out... giving me countless infections and swollen, painful jaws joints.

What sort of pain is it? You could try ibruprofen for the swelling, and things like oil of cloves can help numb the area, or bonjella I think (or anything for mouth ulcers). But I'd check with a pharmacist first, and see your dentist if it's really bad.

After I'd had mine out, there were little shards of bone or tooth left behind, these spent the next couple of years working their way up and out... giving me countless infections and swollen, painful jaws joints.
    Its hurting on the top gum more than the bottom

My left cheek (on my face LOL) feels swollen but doesn't look it. Last time i visited the dentist was 2/3 years ago when i had to for check ups after my braced were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Its hurting on the top gum more than the bottom

My left cheek (on my face LOL) feels swollen but doesn't look it. Last time i visited the dentist was 2/3 years ago when i had to for check ups after my braced were removed.
    Get thee to the dentist pronto then!

If it was that long ago, you could have impacted wisdom teeth (which means they're growing at the wrong angle and will probably never come through).

I had to have two of mine removed as the top one was coming through fine but the bottom one wasn't, so all it would have had to bite down on was my gum... and that's not good apparently. So you need to get it checked out.

Get thee to the dentist pronto then!

If it was that long ago, you could have impacted wisdom teeth (which means they're growing at the wrong angle and will probably never come through).

I had to have two of mine removed as the top one was coming through fine but the bottom one wasn't, so all it would have had to bite down on was my gum... and that's not good apparently. So you need to get it checked out.
    Will do after pay day I get pains in my mouth before but its nothing like this Its weird how its only one side of my mouth

I hate it when you spend an arm...and nearly a whole leg on a hair cut and it looks great when you come out of the salon, but the next day when you have a stab at styling it yourself, you end up looking like Dot Cotton on drugs.

I hate it when you spend an arm...and nearly a whole leg on a hair cut and it looks great when you come out of the salon, but the next day when you have a stab at styling it yourself, you end up looking like Dot Cotton on drugs.
    Totally i know that feeling

I'll be getting my hair cut next year probably after my bday lol

It's so easy for an old, old fashioned, non self-obsessed bloke. Shampoo it every morning (coz it's very greasy), comb it back, seek out the parting line, and comb out to the sides, job done.

And a pensioner haircut is all of six quidos.

[ But I know you hate wrinkley old pensioners ;-) ]

If I get dances it ain't the looks that clinch the deal ;-)

Gave myself a Lionel Blair cut last night. Cost me nothing. 'Styled' it this morning .

Oh the benefits of slowly going bald .

Thread Information