Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grumpy Old Men's Ranting Thread

Commercial Operator

Re: Grumpy old (or otherwise) women's thread

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Oh shut up Stewart. If you want to debate with me, please find a brain first.
    Nice to see you're finally getting to grips with that elusive 'irony' concept

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Nah, she just buys clothes that don't crease.

Now where's that taxi...

Yeah..I get it...it's like goldy, only a different colour.

Blog Entries

Re: Grumpy Old Men's Ranting Thread

It annoys the sh1t out of me when you meet someone who still believes that the firmer the handshake the more succesful/manly you are and therefore try to crush your hand to prove that they're better than you.

I try to have a firm, but gentle hand shake (not a limp-wristed, namby-pamby one ) because I'm perfectly secure in my "manliness" and don't need to arm-wrestle, fight, compare scars, brag about sexual conquests or lie about how big my c0ck is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    It annoys the sh1t out of me when you meet someone who still believes that the firmer the handshake the more successful/manly you are and therefore try to crush your hand to prove that they're better than you.

I have a cruel (and childish) trick for people that do that to me.

I don't want to give away all the details (much too much fun to share).. but basically I'm double jointed.. and can scream in pain quite easily .. and loudly .. on Cue.

I'm just evil incarnate really

Grumpy?

GRUMPY? Grumpy doesn't enter into it matey's am positively LIVID !!

Sat down last night to watch the advertised DOUBLE episode of Heroes on BBC 2 then the THIRD on BBC 3 (was nearly having a joygasm at the thought of it) Anyway the clock struck 9pm I turned over my TV and prepared to worship in the temple of the great glass gogglebox...
    .. "Next on BBC 2 Crimewatch"

"No.. there must be some mistake.. I looked at the TV schedule it said 2 episodes on BBC2 then one on BBC3.. you must be wrong" (Talking back to the TV is never a sign of a being in possession of a sound mind really) Looked at TV guide on the digibox. Crimewatch and .. urg.. dare I mention it's foul name... FOOTBALL !!!

I phoned Twirly.. "Are you watching Heroes?" .."Yes!" .. BLOODY BBC SCOTLAND did it again.. oh lets cancel this series to watch FOOTBALL .. like 22 grown men kicking a ball about a piece of grass into two stretched out nets could possibly compare with Hiro's manipulation of Space Time or Peter's apparent power absorbing power. What about Nikki's duality? or Sylar's vile quest for gray.. erm GREY matter (sorry Lynn)

AAAARGH!!! of course, there was NO point in me watching the third episode on BBC 3 as I'd be missing a huge chunk.

I'm going to sit in the corner and write a long letter to BBC Scotland.. well when I say "write" does cutting letters out of a newspaper and glueing them onto a piece of paper classify as writing? (and what's better ... should I say "Rip their innards out" or "Rend them limb from limb"? I want to make the correct impression here)

am just a tad annoyed .. as you may have guessed

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    Grumpy?

BLOODY BBC SCOTLAND did it again.. oh lets cancel this series to watch FOOTBALL ..

Well honey, I keep telling you to move to somewhere more civilised

Good three episodes too no mucking about with the schedules...

*runs for cover and hides*

Commercial Operator

This could be the point where I absolutely don't gloat about the benefits of having downloaded the whole series months ago.... because gloating is unseemly. :gloat:

First episode of series 2 was great as well.

Grumpy?

Sat down last night to watch the advertised DOUBLE episode of Heroes on BBC 2 then the THIRD on BBC 3 (was nearly having a joygasm at the thought of it) Anyway the clock struck 9pm I turned over my TV and prepared to worship in the temple of the great glass gogglebox...
    .. "Next on BBC 2 Crimewatch"

"No.. there must be some mistake.. I looked at the TV schedule it said 2 episodes on BBC2 then one on BBC3.. you must be wrong" (Talking back to the TV is never a sign of a being in possession of a sound mind really) Looked at TV guide on the digibox. Crimewatch and .. urg.. dare I mention it's foul name... FOOTBALL !!!

I phoned Twirly.. "Are you watching Heroes?" .."Yes!" .. BLOODY BBC SCOTLAND did it again.. oh lets cancel this series to watch FOOTBALL .. like 22 grown men kicking a ball about a piece of grass into two stretched out nets could possibly compare with Hiro's manipulation of Space Time or Peter's apparent power absorbing power. What about Nikki's duality? or Sylar's vile quest for gray.. erm GREY matter (sorry Lynn)

AAAARGH!!! of course, there was NO point in me watching the third episode on BBC 3 as I'd be missing a huge chunk.

I'm going to sit in the corner and write a long letter to BBC Scotland.. well when I say "write" does cutting letters out of a newspaper and glueing them onto a piece of paper classify as writing? (and what's better ... should I say "Rip their innards out" or "Rend them limb from limb"? I want to make the correct impression here)

You will pleased to note I saw all three episodes

Have to say i love this programme

so get your passport and head south ?

Or blink very hard and screw your face go back in time and then head south ?

Not sure what 'power' id want

Reading other people thoughts mmmmmmmm maybe not

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sat down last night to watch the advertised DOUBLE episode of Heroes on BBC 2 then the THIRD on BBC 3
    Ooh, I did that last night - it was excellent

Errr, probably not what you want to hear at the moment though...

I still remember fuming over Channel 4's ridiculous scheduling of Babylon 5 a few years ago, you basically had to guess when it'd be on, on a day-to-day basis

I'm going to sit in the corner and write a long letter to BBC Scotland..
    Out of interest, how are BBC Scotland going to catch up then? Will they always be 2 episodes behind? Or will they just skip those next week? Or cancel the whole thing halfway through?

It's probably worth asking them if you're going to contact them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Not sure what 'power' id want
    well after these three comments ....

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Good three episodes too no mucking about with the schedules...

*runs for cover and hides*
    This could be the point where I absolutely don't gloat about the benefits of having downloaded the whole series months ago.... because gloating is unseemly. :gloat:
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    You will pleased to note I saw all three episodes
    ...I think Sylar's powers would be quite fun

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Out of interest, how are BBC Scotland going to catch up then? Will they always be 2 episodes behind? Or will they just skip those next week? Or cancel the whole thing halfway through?
    Don't know if it's true or not but I've been told by a workmate that that's it until after Christmas !! And yes. I was mentioning B5 to Twirly this morning !!
    Last edited by Beowulf; 27th-September-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Commercial Operator

I still remember fuming over Channel 4's ridiculous scheduling of Babylon 5 a few years ago, you basically had to guess when it'd be on, on a day-to-day basis
    Try the American treatment of Babylon 5. The scheduling people turned round one day and said that given the lengthy gap between seasons, they didn't want viewers to get confused by just jumping into the start of a new season cold...

So they started holding back the last few episodes of each season, and not showing them until the just before the start of the next. So instead of starting a season at it's carefully designed 'natural start', they were starting one in the thick of the action, where the season was building to the finale. To avoid confusing viewers

In the UK, they were more sensible, and at least showed each season as they were meant to be shown (unpredictable viewing times aside) ... until American viewers complained that we were seeing the end of the season before them, so the TV company stopped giving us the last episodes of a season until they were ready for us to see them.

And then, just to cap the stupidity, they held back the last few episodes of the last season for a few months. Presumably so that people wouldn't get confused when there wasn't any more. Or something. I never saw those last few episodes - I'd lost interest by then.

And don't even think about getting me started about Firefly....

Waaaaaah !

Does she not dance with you, either?

(Seriously, that was the best series to grace my TV in a long time).

Don't know if it's true or not but I've been told by a workmate that that's it until after Christmas !! And yes. I was mentioning B5 to Twirly this morning !!
    Not according to the BBC website. Next Wednesday on BBC2, you're going to get the episode we saw on BBC3 last night (The Fix 13/23), but won't get the two we saw on BBC2 last night (Fallout and Godsend)... nope, just checked and you'll get both of these late on Sunday night (at least it lists Fallout at 10.45pm and another episode at 11.25 although not what the episode is).

So then you'll have caught up with the rest of us for the 14th episode on Wednesday 3 October at 10m on BBC3.

Hope that's cheered you up

WHOO HOOO

Stray... thanks but HOLD THAT THOUGHT !!!

Bring back Firefly SUCH a crime the series was cancelled.
    Nathan Fillion

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    just checked and you'll get both of these late on Sunday night (at least it lists Fallout at 10.45pm and another episode at 11.25 although not what the episode is).
    I knew there was a BBC Onc Scotland, but until today I wasn't aware until today that there was a "BBC2 Scotland" - actually, looking here, there isn't.

So my cunning suggestion, which was going to be "re-tune to BBC2 England" goes down the toilet.

It's a bit confusing, this regional programming.

I wasn't aware until today that there was a "BBC2 Scotland" - actually, looking here, there isn't.
    Well what was I watching last night?

edit

according to THIS (from the BBC itself more likely to be right than Wiki) there IS !!

I knew there was a BBC Onc Scotland, but until today I wasn't aware until today that there was a "BBC2 Scotland" - actually, looking here, there isn't.

So my cunning suggestion, which was going to be "re-tune to BBC2 England" goes down the toilet.
    If you have cable or satellite you can "re-tune to BBC2 England".
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    If you have cable or satellite you can "re-tune to BBC2 England".
    alas Nope and Nope.. I barely even have Digital though my box as Twirly will confirm !!

I have a meagre selection of "mostly" tuned in TV stations which I watch on a temperamental TV that MAY or MAY NOT come on. I think I get BBC 1 ,2, ITV , 4, BBC 3 (sometimes) , ITV 2 (Sometimes) E4 and More 4 I don't get anything else. I have listings for Sky three and uktv history on my digibox menu.. but nothing but the schedule is ever transmitted. Nice to know what I'm missing though

Thread Information