Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SP Forum BBQ policing...

Re: Southport Forumite Gathering?

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    If they like to brag, presumably they don't mind who knows... So at the next BBQ, when they turn up and brag they have brought no food, just tell the loudest person you know, and ask them to pass the message on.
    Just the job for Radio Cruella ....

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: SP Forum BBQ policing...

BTW, at the BBQ we seemed to run out of plates and I was baffled as I brought loads but then they turned up again at the end

So, I still have loads of plates and serviettes, a couple of dozen forks and about the same number of glasses, so I've put them away for next time!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    , so let's not let the one or two individuals cause bad feeling at a very friendly social event.
    blimey Cruella - are you ill?

Very diplo i must say.

i personally think BA5TARDS....cause i know who she is talking about and i'll say it again BA5TARDS....... absolute terrible behaviour. gloating gormless gits... the lot of em.

Although i must admit, i only brought disposable cups cause DTS went shopping and buggered it up. SO I JUST WANT TO SAY ITS NOT MY FAULT.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Southport Forumite Gathering?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Just the job for Radio Cruella ....
    And that's coming from Schadenfreude Silverfox!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    (in fact I only ate Alek's crumble and a very large sausage)
    Yeah....are we getting to see the photo of that Di......I refer you to UP's sig....some people can swallow both

Mrs Pretzelmeister

To the greedyguts who arrive, scoff and leave - as Fletch says, there are givers and takers. Takers might be smug that they've got something for nothing but on the whole I find givers have a happier outlook from their generosity of spirit. I'm happy to bring a bit extra for those who genuinely didn't realise and want to join in but repeat offenders probably shouldn't be encouraged. (If I do find out who you are there will be no more cake for you!) But in general I cater for the 5000 anyway so PM would probably say what's the difference?

I usually find at BBQ's that everyone brings sausages or other bbq-ables, but not enough other stuff. I like the fact that at Southport it seems to balance out. We brought a BBQ (which then went all shy and refused to light, thank you Fletch for letting us start one of yours!), shishkebabs and pittabread, lettuce, cucumber slices, a huge potato salad (2kg of potatoes!) and of course, cake.

I had nibbles of various salady things so thank you to all that brought stuff. And again to Aleks for the crumbles - cherry, apple-blackberry and rhubarb . It's a miracle I managed to dance afterwards.

Much as I'm looking forward to the next BBQ, I'm not one for standing around in the freezing cold / pouring rain / gales. So how are we going to manage it in February?

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake View Post
    To the greedyguts who arrive, scoff and leave - as Fletch says, there are givers and takers. Takers might be smug that they've got something for nothing but on the whole I find givers have a happier outlook from their generosity of spirit. I'm happy to bring a bit extra for those who genuinely didn't realise and want to join in but repeat offenders probably shouldn't be encouraged. (If I do find out who you are there will be no more cake for you!) But in general I cater for the 5000 anyway so PM would probably say what's the difference?

I usually find at BBQ's that everyone brings sausages or other bbq-ables, but not enough other stuff. I like the fact that at Southport it seems to balance out. We brought a BBQ (which then went all shy and refused to light, thank you Fletch for letting us start one of yours!), shishkebabs and pittabread, lettuce, cucumber slices, a huge potato salad (2kg of potatoes!) and of course, cake.

I had nibbles of various salady things so thank you to all that brought stuff. And again to Aleks for the crumbles - cherry, apple-blackberry and rhubarb . It's a miracle I managed to dance afterwards.

Much as I'm looking forward to the next BBQ, I'm not one for standing around in the freezing cold / pouring rain / gales. So how are we going to manage it in February?
    I belive the people that think they get some thing for nothing don't in the end, they end up with less, cos people get wise to them, but they can't see it

I didn't mind bringing the stuff, but I didn't wan't to mess with it the smoke from the BBQ'S was making my make up run, any way that a mans job I was to busy catting

Blog Entries

In February, we will be dressed for it i would imagine. You know, warm coats, hats, gloves, so the cold wont matter so much. I think the problem this time was the weather was a bit decieving and none of us were wrapped up properly as it turned somewhat chilly.

MInd you, i found standing by the barbies nice and warm. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    In February, we will be dressed for it i would imagine. You know, warm coats, hats, gloves, so the cold wont matter so much. I think the problem this time was the weather was a bit decieving and none of us were wrapped up properly as it turned somewhat chilly.

MInd you, i found standing by the barbies nice and warm. xxx
    I was thinking of making a massive pot of soup instead of crumble....

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

we'd like to come in February. I promise to turn up and freeload off you all

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    we'd like to come in February. I promise to turn up and freeload off you all
    You might, but your wife won't let you!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    In February, we will be dressed for it i would imagine. You know, warm coats, hats, gloves, so the cold wont matter so much. MInd you, i found standing by the barbies nice and warm. xxx
    I for one will be freezing no matter how many layers of warm clothing I have on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    WHAT!!!!!!!

I'm sure your soup is yummy and all that but you can hardly compare soup and crumbles, especially the way that you make them.

Surely you mean 'as well as' not 'instead of'?

I was thinking of making a massive pot of soup
    Wouldn't that run through the grill ?

As stated above by Lemoncake. I don't really mind freeloaders. I'm a generous sort of guy and chances are, I'd bring enough nosh for twice as many people that were there anyway.

Sometimes it's impractical .. especially if they've not prepared in advance to make something. but people who do it year in and year out.. they're taking liberties IMHO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Surely you mean 'as well as' not 'instead of'?
    thats exactly what i was gonna say

I must confess, I came to the BBQ with Mini Mac and we never contributed anything

But I did take lots of PAPS! which I will post eventually ! and email any of them to anyone who wants them for free!

( Including some Up the Kilt and Throught the window shots that may have a special "for charity" price tag attatched to not post them? ( You know who you are!)

And Ive been amiss with my manners
    A BIG THANKS to those who's food we ate especially LEMON CAKE AND ALEKS!!( you can keep your soup give me cake n Crumble with Custard anyday!)

who between them totally blew my Protian dominant, Energy efficient Muscle reparing, Fat minimising, diat right out of the window!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I must confess, I came to the BBQ with Mini Mac and we never contributed anything
    Just to clarify...I wasn't talking about you and Mini Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Just to clarify...I wasn't talking about you and Mini Mac.

No I know you wasn't, but even so Its nice to contribute something even if its just polite conversation or in my case Paps of Scottish Ginger nuts! (if you know what I mean)

Scottish Ginger nuts! (if you know what I mean)
    Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean.

Blog Entries

No I know you wasn't, but even so Its nice to contribute something even if its just polite conversation or in my case Paps of Scottish Ginger nuts! (if you know what I mean)
    Everyone knows wot you mean. Everyone shared that experience.

Thread Information