Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum diet club

The Forum diet club

Hey

I thought I would start a thread for all those trying to lose some weight.
    We can swap tips, progress reports, recipes and offer support to one another.
    I was a member of another forum that had a similar thread that proved to be really helpful when I was shedding my baby weight.

I guess I'll start;
    Hello, my names Zara and Im a food-aholic
    I would like to lose 1 stone and 10lb's. I have started a calorie controlled diet today.

Look, I am so brave..... who next...

Re: The Forum diet club

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    Hey

I was a member of another forum that had a similar thread that proved to be really helpful when I was shedding my baby weight.

I guess I'll start;
    I would like to lose 1 stone and 10lb's. I have started a calorie controlled diet today.

We need a Harper Link, I think there are a few of these

Good luck Zara - though can't see where you need to loose nearly 2 stone you look fab to me as you are

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

I'm in!!! YAY Zara, I'm so glad you've started a forum diet club!

My name's Mel and I am a foodaholic. I want to lose 1 stone and 3lbs...

As well as controlling the food though, I think the only way to lose the weight is to exercise!!! I find workout DVDs the only way to help me lose weight and tone up fast as I find I have way more motivation to do a workout at home rather than go to the gym! I am not going to say which workout dvd I do though, as it is suuuper doooooper embarassing!

Comparing a photo of me this time last year with one taken for the Guess the Chest comp, I definitely need to join in!
    Will weigh myself soon and work out how much I want to lose.

I'm in.

I love food and alcohol.

I'm 19 stone and need to lose a stone and a half.

I will start my exercise and weight loss regime at the beginning of October after my weekend of golf and alcohol in France next weekend.

I want you all to see a slimmer version of me by Feb SP.

A nervous Under Par

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    A nervous Under Par
    I know this wont help you in your quest to lose weight, but I think you are just about perfect UP.

It's all relative though, so good luck with the diet and I hope you achieve your goal.

The Forum Legend

Heh. We did do this before. And it did help.

I'm gigantic, and need to lose lots

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Heh. We did do this before. And it did help.

I'm gigantic, and need to lose lots
    Well if we both do well Trampy we could add some lifts to the drops of last weekend. eh?? What do you reckon??

Blog Entries

yep im gonna join too. Going to give up smoking on Monday (5th time) - which will mean unfortunately the temptation to stick a sweetie in my mouth instead of a ciggie will be even greater. Im thinking of joining a club - slimmers world - which i think is green and red days.... Does anybody have any experience of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    yep im gonna join too. Going to give up smoking on Monday (5th time) - which will mean unfortunately the temptation to stick a sweetie in my mouth instead of a ciggie will be even greater. Im thinking of joining a club - slimmers world - which i think is green and red days.... Does anybody have any experience of this?
    Re stopping smoking ... have you read book " Alan Carrs Easy Way To Stop"

it worked for me( a 40 a day smoker for 12 years). I haven't smoked or wanted to for 14 years.

50 % of my friends who used it have given up for good using it.

I have a copy .. PM me your address if you want it.

U.P good luck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    Re stopping smoking ... have you read book " Alan Carrs Easy Way To Stop"

it worked for me( a 40 a day smoker for 12 years). I haven't smoked or wanted to for 14 years.

50 % of my friends who used it have given up for good using it.

I have a copy .. PM me your address if you want it.

U.P good luck
    yes UP i have read it, twice. It worked both times but i made the fatal mistake of meeting a smoker (DTS) - who did nothing to encourage me but is there for me to blame. I made him buy the book last time he gave up which was in Feb time and he managed it for 8 weeks no problem. He started again however and unfortunately i fell into the abyss. I know i can do it, its just wanting to do it which again i am at that stage. Giving up is the easy bit, its not smoking again thats the problem. thanks for the luck tho, gonna need it. xxx

Hi my name is DD , i was a food-a-holic! (Now its mainly just the wine!) i have lost a total of 7 stone and 4 lb (lost 2 at southport) BUT i still have another 2 stone to go. For me the only way is calorie counting! I wish you all the very best in your quests and know that there are others there to support you should you feel you need a kick up the arse i do regularly! Once i have done some more weight then comes the quitting smoking ....but hey ho one thing at a time! Best of luck Trouble

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Please count me in too!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Im thinking of joining a club - slimmers world - which i think is green and red days.... Does anybody have any experience of this?
    Trouble, Fletch is a Slimming World consultant
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    Hey

I guess I'll start;

Why be a food aholic? So many foods these days are full of artificial and preservative products not to mention food acids, cancer causing sweetners, sugar overloads and fat. What about a fruit-aholic?
    We use metric measurements in Australia so I believe 1 stone 10lbs is quite alot of weight to lose - over 12kgs?
    I'll let you all in on a big secret..................which is no secret at all. Plus it should cure most of searching for THAT diet that works.
    Well here it comes.......................................if you eat more than your body requires that day, then the body will store some for later use. Storage compartments for the ladies are the face, hips and bottom, then the stomach and a personal favourite, under the chin. For the men, the face, stomach and the stomach (sometimes guys get a double dose). However, if you exercise and then eat what you need for the day (which can be anything as long as the calories are counted and dont exceed the amount of calories used by the body that day). Fat is simply stored energy............................however, some people seem to store it like money in the bank and covert it the same. To achieve weight loss with exercise remember 70% is about diet and 30% is about exercise.
    We are an over indulgent species............................anyone ever seen a fat, obese panther? Alligator ? I know seals do but that is for survival in freezing waters...........................what excuse do we humans have.............................................
    By the way, I am 188 cm tall 76 kgs and body fat is less than 8%. I workout on weights and dance 4 to 5 times a week. I am 44 years old. I have never been overweight, its looks uncomfortable and makes nice clothes look plain.
    Remember, "you are what you eat". Best of luck in your weight loss adventure...............

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Why be a food aholic? So many foods these days are full of artificial and preservative products not to mention food acids, cancer causing sweetners, sugar overloads and fat. What about a fruit-aholic?
    We use metric measurements in Australia so I believe 1 stone 10lbs is quite alot of weight to lose - over 12kgs?
    I'll let you all in on a big secret..................which is no secret at all. Plus it should cure most of searching for THAT diet that works.
    Well here it comes.......................................if you eat more than your body requires that day, then the body will store some for later use. Storage compartments for the ladies are the face, hips and bottom, then the stomach and a personal favourite, under the chin. For the men, the face, stomach and the stomach (sometimes guys get a double dose). However, if you exercise and then eat what you need for the day (which can be anything as long as the calories are counted and dont exceed the amount of calories used by the body that day). Fat is simply stored energy............................however, some people seem to store it like money in the bank and covert it the same. To achieve weight loss with exercise remember 70% is about diet and 30% is about exercise.
    We are an over indulgent species............................anyone ever seen a fat, obese panther? Alligator ? I know seals do but that is for survival in freezing waters...........................what excuse do we humans have.............................................
    By the way, I am 188 cm tall 76 kgs and body fat is less than 8%. I workout on weights and dance 4 to 5 times a week. I am 44 years old. I have never been overweight, its looks uncomfortable and makes nice clothes look plain.
    Remember, "you are what you eat". Best of luck in your weight loss adventure...............
    I hope its not just me but you don't come across in this post in a pleasant way.
    I certainly feel I am being talked down to which is good going as I'm 6'8" (or as you are metric 2 metres).

Maybe i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say thankyou for your insight.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Storage compartments for the ladies are the face, hips and bottom, then the stomach and a personal favourite, under the chin.
    Erm, like we didn't already know Personal favourites Well, for you information, I think you forgot some areas.. Thighs and tops of arms, which happen to be 'my personal favourites,' NOT!

Well, good for you! Its a shame we can't ALL be perfect!

Remember, "you are what you eat".
    Did you just eat a 'smug' pill?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

Trouble, Fletch is a Slimming World consultant

Most of you know I lost 5 st and was once a size 22

I love food and have been at target almost 3 years now, Slimming world is the biggest, but will only work if your realy want to do it.

Its week in week out commitment and not easy, I tend not to post on these threads

Good luck guy's

Why be a food aholic? {Fairly logical maths & science stuff}
    Apart from disagreeing slightly with your mathematical approach - metabolism does come into it a bit - what you say is quite logical. However, most of us don't run our lives as a scientific system; most of us are emotional human beings, so other things come into it. Food can be a comfort blanket or food can taste amazing, so it is a complete pleasure to put it into our mouths and enjoy it (Nigella anyone?). It's easy to become addicted to sugar/carbohydrates and supermarkets are never designed to make it easy for us to walk out only with fresh, unadulterated, unprocessed food. I think most of us also 'know' what we're 'meant' to be doing diet and exercise-wise. Are these excuses? Perhaps. Or you can call them part of being human.

PS I read Patrick Holford's Nutrition Bible about eating the perfect diet & maintaining our systems in as perfect a way as it is possible. It describes possibly the most joyless life I could ever imagine: a fairly small range of fairly bland foods and always leaving the table a little hungry. Given a choice of spending time with Patrick Holford or Hugh Fearnley Whittingsall, I know which one I'd prefer.

Well here it comes.......................................if you eat more than your body requires that day, then the body will store some for later use. , "you are what you eat".
    I'm so glad you weren't my consultant when I was loosing weight.

I can just imagine the comment if you put weight on one week, 'Well don't eat so much next week' yes that will do it every time.

For some people to thought of failure makes them fail before they start.

The thought of change scares them, peoples attitude towards them, friends, husband/wife will change, We react differently to thin people than to fat people, (don't I know it) easier to stick with what you know.

Thank you for you very helpful words, i'll try it tonight at class and see if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Erm, like we didn't already know Personal favourites Well, for you information, I think you forgot some areas.. Thighs and tops of arms, which happen to be 'my personal favourites,' NOT!

Well, good for you! Its a shame we can't ALL be perfect!

Did you just eat a 'smug' pill?
    Didn't say I was perfect................but I am very happy with my physical shape. But I work out and dance and eat well. I like to feel strong and fit.................is there anything wrong with that?????
    No smug pills here, why is it smug?Its a well known saying amongst sports people. Is someone being oversensitive? It seems to me people look for an easy way to lose weight.............people only get out of something in life by what they put into it. Seems to me there are more people unhappy with their body shape but do little about it, other than talk about it.

Thread Information