Thread: Good advice and cardigans

Good advice and cardigans

Moved from the "private lessons" thread - DavidJames

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    I have read some crazy and dangerous advice from dancers with limited experience on the Australia MJ forum...................its amazing how the dance skill level improves when one is on the forum.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Well perhaps it is only confined to Australia. My last dance partner was a latin dancer with over 15 years experience in dance. Often in Ceroc classes many a male lead was prepared to impart their knowledge on her. Thankfully she knew better and ignored the unsolicited advice. Unfortunately, many male social cerocers think they know the right way, but have never competed, not taken private lessons nor should offer unsolicited advice as they are only social dancers. I don't believe the Australian ceroc teachers contradict each other.
    Really? To be honest I’ve found all the advice I can think of given out on the Australian forum to be quite safe and well reasoned. Except for that Steveado guy anyway…. It’s quite a closed community in many ways but most of the frequent posters there are respected teachers, and respected for a reason. I’ve seen much more dodgy advice on this forum in the last couple of months than I ever have on the Aussie one!

Unsolicited advice in class is almost never welcomed, but that happens the world over. I had it when I was in the UK. I’ve had more when I was back in NZ. If I moved to Sydney tomorrow I expect there would be some plonker willing to dish it out there as well. They may have even had a latin dance partner with 15 years experience at one point. Unfortunately I think the girls get this a LOT more than us guys do.
    Last edited by David Bailey; 17th-September-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Re: (Private) Lessons

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Monkey View Post
    Really? To be honest I’ve found all the advice I can think of given out on the Australian forum to be quite safe and well reasoned. Except for that Steveado guy anyway…. It’s quite a closed community in many ways but most of the frequent posters there are respected teachers, and respected for a reason. I’ve seen much more dodgy advice on this forum in the last couple of months than I ever have on the Aussie one!
    I did'nt know the Australian forum was available in brail.............................

That's what voice emulators were invented for

Commercial Operator

I’ve seen much more dodgy advice on this forum in the last couple of months than I ever have on the Aussie one!
    Do tell

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I’ve seen much more dodgy advice on this forum in the last couple of months than I ever have on the Aussie one!
    Thats the difference between "cutting edge opinion and unique experimentation" and "safe and boring advice". I bet you wear old fashioned cardigans with elbow patches

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    I bet you wear old fashioned cardigans with elbow patches
    And a trendy cardie would be?

I must say that I agree with NZ Monkey. There has been some diabolically bad advice on here recenly. Many of us have done our best to expose just how bad that advice is - and some by one ardent giver of bad advice. To use the pub comparison with the forum, there comes a time when you decide that you want to change your public house - that time had almost come for me Thankfully somebody else has moved on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    For the last 3 years there's been a trend for men's cardigans. In the last year, (according to the BBC), there was a 1000% increase in their sales reported by leading retailers. It's the year of the cardie!

Trouble is that it's not the cardigan itself that makes it trendy - it's the man wearing it. It's a hard look to do well.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I must say that I agree with NZ Monkey. There has been some diabolically bad advice on here recenly. Many of us have done our best to expose just how bad that advice is - and some by one ardent giver of bad advice. To use the pub comparison with the forum, there comes a time when you decide that you want to change your public house - that time had almost come for me Thankfully somebody else has moved on
    the problem is of course...there are so many nuts on this forum, we're attracting monkeys

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    the problem is of course...there are so many nuts on this forum, we're attracting monkeys
    And not the wise kind. More the kind who do, say and think evil

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Blue Smurf
    And not the wise kind. More the kind who do, say and think evil
    My evil knows no bounds! Mwahahahahahahaha!

If you'll excuse me I'm off to build a gigantic egg shaped robot now to steal all the worlds cardigans and create a fashion empire to rival Other Leading Brands (TM). I'll save the patches on the elbows for the most fashionable. The red ones will be used for only the most expendable henchmen of course.

Thread Information