Thread: RIP Colin

RIP Colin

Whether you're a rallying fan or not, this is pretty tragic

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Tributes pour in for legend McRae

RIP Colin, Johnny and the 2 others on board. We've lost a rallying legend. I went and watched him many a time throwing his WRC cars around the Welsh forests and he had incredible car control and a flamboyant style. And after losing Richard Burns to a brain tumor not too long ago as well.

Talking Re: RIP Colin

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post

RIP Colin, Johnny and the 2 others on board. We've lost a rallying legend. I went and watched him many a time throwing his WRC cars around the Welsh forests and he had incredible car control and a flamboyant style. And after losing Richard Burns to a brain tumor not too long ago as well.
    Tragic and ironic that that symbol of success, a personal helicopter, yet most unforgiving form of transport, should be the agent to decimate two families.

Celebrate Colin; but do not forget those left to cope with the loss of their loved ones.

Re: RIP Colin

I met and had coffee with Colin McRae a few years ago in what used to be known as the Grosvenor Cafe, opposite the Chip in Glasgow's West End, he was a hell of a nice lad, totally unpretentious and even paid for the coffees. He'll be sorely missed, RIP.

What a tragic accident. He was a Fantastic rally driver and amazing to watch. Britain has now (with Richard Burns having died also) lost two of our best motorsports drivers. Thoughts go to his wife and daughter for whom 'devasted' must be the understatement of the year.

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Agree with Nessa..... it must be terrible to not only lose your husband but also your wee boy.... I feel so sorry for the families of those involved....

When I worked in Customs and Excise, I got to do a bit of offroading and tearing about on Highland roads... my boss at the time and I were both great rally fans and used to say that if we won the lottery we would pay a huge chunk of money to get a drive with Colin MacRae.....

It's just so very sad......

I got the impression from my petrolhead friends that he was actually a really nice guy as well. Some of the top sportspeople can be arrogant & unapproachable, but Colin was apparently really friendly and chatty. It's a great shame.

I had the privelege of seeing him drive at the Scottish Motorshow earlier this year. The man was a unique talent and an ambassedor for the sport he loved. RIP Colin.

Thread Information