Thread: Led Zeppelin reform!!

Led Zeppelin reform!!

Heard on R4 last night Robert, Jimmy and John Paul are doing a memorial concert for Ahmet Ertegun (together with John's son on drums). Was really excited until they mentioned that tickets are going to be...
    £125 !!.

Frankly, for that money, they can shove it. I have more time for whoever it was recently who refused to consider a reunion concert because 'it would just be about the money'.

Re: Led Zeppelin reform!!

That and the fact that you can only register for 2 tickets per household. I understand the theory what with ebay and all. I'm just bitter as my Dad has registered to try and get a pair and will be giving the ticket to my brother should he get them. I also couldn't pay that kind of money

xXx

Cant say i was expecting 2 see them back together, im sure it will be sold out a.s.a.p...

Quote Originally Posted by jive_me View Post
    That and the fact that you can only register for 2 tickets per household. I understand the theory what with ebay and all. I'm just bitter as my Dad has registered to try and get a pair and will be giving the ticket to my brother should he get them. I also couldn't pay that kind of money
    Not the favourite son, eh? Tough.

As for me, I could afford tickets, but there's no way I'm going to get £125 worth of entertainment out of it. Plus, you're probably 300 feet away and have to see it on one of the video screens. Might as well watch the TV edition.

For that sum, you could watch 20 films, or about 35 hours of entertainment; it would get you four months of Sky subscription, four good quality restaurant meals.

Added to the fact that Plant's voice isn't what it used to be, and neither are Page's fingers, and it all looks a bit of a bad deal.

I saw Yes in the RAH five/six years ago for £30. They were f***ing brilliant - Steve Howe is the best and most innovative guitarist on earth, no question - and I went home on the Tube with a silly grin on my face. Even the might Zep couldn't give me something 4 times better than that.

Saw them in their pomp = Manchester Free Trade Hall, back up Blodwyn Pig.
    I am hoping all my lovely dance partners are crap at Math..

Quote Originally Posted by jockey View Post
    Saw them in their pomp = Manchester Free Trade Hall, back up Blodwyn Pig.
    I am hoping all my lovely dance partners are crap at Math..
    I've only just acquired some Blodwyn Pig. They were one of those bands - like Edgar Broughton, Man, Savoy Brown - that I was aware of back then but never listened to.

Led Zeppeling c. 1972 would have been quite something...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Not the favourite son, eh? Tough.
    Daughter actually And as my Dad and brother are both avid guitar players and rock listeners they assume that I am not a Zeppelin fan.

xXx

Quote Originally Posted by jive_me View Post
    Daughter actually And as my Dad and brother are both avid guitar players and rock listeners they assume that I am not a Zeppelin fan.

xXx
    Ooops. Should have checked who I was posting with. (You look a bit - young - to be a Zep fan...)

Found out that the concert is going to be in the Millennium Dome, so good luck to the 20 million people who have registered for a ticket and have a 1/1000 chance of getting one only to find they are 200 yards from the stage and have to use binoculars, won't be able to park within about 5 miles and will have to rush to catch the Tube to get back to a London terminus to catch a train home...

Stadiums are the worst thing that ever happened to pop music.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    £125 !!.
    It's like Punk never happened. Anybody who shells out their £125 deserves everything they get.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    It's like Punk never happened.
    Well what's good for Jimmy, Robert & John Paul seems to be good for John, Steve, Glenn & Paul ........

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Sex Pistols to make live comeback

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clevedonboy View Post
    Well what's good for Jimmy, Robert & John Paul seems to be good for John, Steve, Glenn & Paul ........
    I'll only go if Sid's playing. Besides...

Tickets, costing £37.50, go on sale at 0900 BST on Friday.
    That's a little more reasonable than Plant & his bunch....

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I'll only go if Sid's playing. Besides...

That's a little more reasonable than Plant & his bunch....
    and it's at the Brixton Academy - a venue with a tad more soul than the dome

I'm not remorely interested in seeing LZ at that sort of money (Saw Page & Plant with Jason Bonham on drums at the NEC about 12 years ago for a far more sensible price).

I fear that the Pistols might be just sad now though & what audience will turn up? a bunch of 45 to 50 year old middle class ex punks quite likely.

Quote Originally Posted by clevedonboy View Post
    and it's at the Brixton Academy - a venue with a tad more soul than the dome

I'm not remorely interested in seeing LZ at that sort of money (Saw Page & Plant with Jason Bonham on drums at the NEC about 12 years ago for a far more sensible price).

I fear that the Pistols might be just sad now though & what audience will turn up? a bunch of 45 to 50 year old middle class ex punks quite likely.
    Lots of guys pogoing then rolling on the ground clutching their shot knees and groaning - flobbing on the stage then collapsing under a fit of coughing - backcombing their hair only to find handfuls of it coming out ...

I've just seen the program.

Foreigner are on the bill.

If I had paid for a ticket before I found that out, I'd have been really pi*sed off...It's like having mould in your cream tea...

Thread Information