Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scottish Champs 07 Results

Re: Scottish Champs 07 Results

Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    Let us hope so and who knows maybe with time they can get better than first place and really show them!
    Sports commentators are often to quick to label an athlete a champion or legend. Legend and/or champion labels should be reserved for the special few. Like Don Bradman, George Best, John Eales, Pele. In dance we are quick to label the competitors in the same way. Although a couple may finish in first place, does it necessarily make them legends. I guess they are champions, for that year, however, unless the couple repeat the success from one competition to the next in that year, they could be considered Champions. Do it year in year out and then the legend tag would be more applicable. The best of the best. Michael Jordan could be considered a legend, but would any of the current NBA stars be a legend? Is David Beckham a legend , champion or tosser (think more the champion).
    So in saying what I said about Pete and Amy, I am reluctant to tag them so early in their dance careers as champions. However, I did say that they have the ability and passion to get their, and I believe they will. Simply placing first in the Scottish Ceroc competition does not mean they cant improve.
    Like yourself and Louise, Adss..........................at the end of the day two dancers such as yourselves should be considered Champions. Like John Humphries now or Viktor (although he could possible be considered legend status).

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Sports commentators are often to quick to label an athlete a champion or legend...{stuff}...
    So in saying what I said.... {stuff}..... However, I did say ....{stuff} at the end of the day...{stuff}
    do you like frolicking through the quaint hidden paths and byways of the country? you sure like rambling on here ....

I feel you missed the point by a substantial margin, your ,possibly unconscious, attempt to belittle the winners and other competitors was noticed and commented on. That is all. Move along. No more dissertations now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    do you like frolicking through the quaint hidden paths and byways of the country? you sure like rambling on here ....

I feel you missed the point by a substantial margin, your ,possibly unconscious, attempt to belittle the winners and other competitors was noticed and commented on. That is all. Move along. No more dissertations now.
    Oh you are dreadfully scathing! I think you missed the point of what I was pointing out. Although Peter and Amy came 1st, they would not be resting on this one performance and in fact would be looking to improve upon it in their next comp. Champion dancers.....................I dont think they would even say that....yet.
    As to where I frolick, its in the surf.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Although Peter and Amy came 1st, they would not be resting on this one performance and in fact would be looking to improve upon it in their next comp.
    Out of curisoity, were they the dancers wearing black and gold? If so I'm a little surprised at the the final result. I've just seem some DVD footage of the Open category. I know it was a bit biased in who the camera was following but I thought Lorna and Sam were superb and definitely deserved a podium finish, especially for their great performance for the faster track. Well done guys.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Out of curisoity, were they the dancers wearing black and gold? If so I'm a little surprised at the the final result. I've just seem some DVD footage of the Open category. I know it was a bit biased in who the camera was following but I thought Lorna and Sam were superb and definitely deserved a podium finish, especially for their great performance for the faster track. Well done guys.
    see? they were rubbish ... lets move on from these disparaging remarks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    see? they were rubbish ... lets move on from these disparaging remarks
    Nah ... lets have MORE ... lets have someone actually say what they think rather than being all lovey dovey

ANYWAY ... no one else think Lorna & Sam were great?

Yeah, me.... (hee hee)

Lxx

I'll second that!!

I thought Lorna and Sam were brilliant, and I must say with all the cheering for them that Avril and I did, we were a little hoarse on Sunday!!

I got a copy of some footage too (with Lorna and Sam right in front of the camera) and i'm still playing it over to work out how the heck she did that aerial !

Von
    x

Thread Information