Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I want to be different - just like everyone else

Re: I want to be different - just like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have asked him repeatedly what he wants to do, which can be a frustrating thing, for someone who does not know what he wants.
    I hope you've stopped asking him Being asked repeatedly by my parents what I wanted to do with my life etc. made me feel incredibly pressured even if that wasn't there intention. I ended up on a degree course that made me miserable to the point of tears. I'm now a university drop-out but will be restarting a different degree (and one I've had the time to reflect on myself without the input of anyone).

Even though I feel like I've made the best decision of my life, because of my parents* I feel like I've made a mess of things what with dropping out and so on.

But don't hide yourself in the cave...you obviously want the best for your son.

xXx

*I think I've made my parents sound horrible which they are most definitely not

Re: I want to be different - just like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by jive_me View Post
    I hope you've stopped asking him Being asked repeatedly by my parents what I wanted to do with my life etc. made me feel incredibly pressured even if that wasn't there intention. I ended up on a degree course that made me miserable to the point of tears. I'm now a university drop-out but will be restarting a different degree (and one I've had the time to reflect on myself without the input of anyone).

Even though I feel like I've made the best decision of my life, because of my parents* I feel like I've made a mess of things what with dropping out and so on.

But don't hide yourself in the cave...you obviously want the best for your son.

xXx

*I think I've made my parents sound horrible which they are most definitely not
    Thanks Jive Me

Thread Information