Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slinkys last night?????????????????

Re: Slinkys last night?????????????????

I had an enjoyable night at Slinkys but was a wee bit disappointed that it didn't quite live up to the standard of previous events for me. This is not because it was a bad night but because previous ones have been so good that it's a massive task just to match them never mind improve on them.

The major issue for me was the floor in the Blues room - I love that room , so many good memories, but on Saturday it was undanceable due to the floor. I tried on a couple of occasions but it just wasn't working. A shame because John's music was good.

Having said that, I had a really fun time upstairs dancing to some faster tunes. Some awesome pivot turns with Top Bird that left us both clinging desperately on to one another so we didn't topple to the floor after stopping Enough space to dance in the main hall and a lot of tracks I haven't heard for a while.

The meet and greet from Russell is a nice touch. The one beer I did have was nice and cool - guess you needed to get in there early.

Despite the few problems on Saturday, still a thumbs up from me and I'll definately be there for the next one.

Just remembered (how could I forget?! ) - Rhythm King, thanks for my first double trouble dance too.

Though you might have some explaining to do to Beo next time you see him, as he got very when I told him that you'd "taken my Double Trouble cherry"... think he had visions of all sorts of lewd goings on with another forumite!

At last I actually got to dance at Slinky's, as opposed to turn up on crutches, or be abroad.

I had a fab night, although the few, minor comments I would have made have already been addressed above so 'nuff said. With regard to being met and gret, I agree wholeheartedly with what has been said, it makes a difference and sets the night up. Utopia has also been good at this so far (go Minnie M!! ) it's not difficult and good manners and a smiling, welcoming face cost nothing.

Keep it up Guys and looking forward to the next one

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    Ceroc Greenwich crew really *do* pull out all the stops, Ceroc Thames Valley have a similar friendly, can-do attitude - and it doesn't go unnoticed by punters.

If you haven't yet been to this venue then you need to give it a try...
    ... roll on the next one .
    I got the meet & greet from both Russell & Dan ( he was taking a well earned 2 min break at the time) then I got a snog from the lovely TAZ who was doing the door but then she always makes me feel special

Dan told me the mirrors were specially for me............wonder what he meant

I have been going to Ceroc Greenwich Events/freestyles for over 5 yrs (remember the Charlton conservative club guys - the good ole days) Kelly, Dan and Russell have always had that personal touch as well as knowing how to put on a bloody good freestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    ..........What Dan did was a real nice and unexpected greet at the door. I have been going to Ceroc Venues all over the country for 4 years now and never had a lovely reception like that even though i spend a lot of money with Ceroc. Thats what Ceroc London should be doing.
    You get a hug and a kiss from me at Utopia

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    You get a hug and a kiss from me at Utopia
    Sorry MInnie,, yes you do greet us lovely at the door but thats more cause we know you ..........not cause you do it to everybody....... I have not seen you telling people about the venue or where things are. AND DONT SHOOT ME CAUSE..... Im not saying you dont do it, i just have not seen it.

I have not ever met a stranger on a ceroc venue who has taken the time to make us feel welcome and ensure we know where everything is. This you do not realise is the issue until somebody does it like Russell did the other night. You then think to yourself, hang on a minute...... how lovely was that. Did i have this happen before..... and unfortunately, it does not happen and if it does, its not often enough or trained as a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Sorry MInnie,, yes you do greet us lovely at the door but thats more cause we know you ..........not cause you do it to everybody....... I have not seen you telling people about the venue or where things are. AND DONT SHOOT ME CAUSE..... Im not saying you dont do it, i just have not seen it.

I have not ever met a stranger on a ceroc venue who has taken the time to make us feel welcome and ensure we know where everything is. This you do not realise is the issue until somebody does it like Russell did the other night. You then think to yourself, hang on a minute...... how lovely was that. Did i have this happen before..... and unfortunately, it does not happen and if it does, its not often enough or trained as a must.
    Was only teasing

Russell, Dan & Kelly are really lovely and warm people and care about theIr visitors I have always been made to feel very welcome whenever I have been to any of their events.

Not that we don't at Utopia, but it is difficult taking money, greeting people as well as telling them were to go and what's happening when there is a queue waiting, when she is free (and not teaching) Val does the welcome thing - but we always have a smile for EVERYONE

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Minnie my lovely i must say the welcome i have always received at utopia has been warm and friendly.

Yourself are a wonderful woman and Val always takes time to give me one of her lovely smiles and makes me feel welcome.

Utopia and Slinkys are the exception to the rule where London dancing is involved.

Stevenage and Sarah Whites always gives a warm welcome.

It just seems to me that Ceroc London doesnt give a warm welcome,(maybe it is just me)?

XXX XXX DTS Dave

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Taz, we never chatted much at all.
    Sorry babes I was on the door until 11:15 and then I couldn't find you. We will catch up soon probably at the wedding at this rate though.
    It was lovely to meet your new man He seem lovely. Well done babes

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
    I got the meet & greet from both Russell & Dan ( he was taking a well earned 2 min break at the time) then I got a snog from the lovely TAZ who was doing the door but then she always makes me feel special :
    Shhhhhhhh everyone else will get jealous

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
    Dan told me the mirrors were specially for me............wonder what he meant:

I have been going to Ceroc Greenwich Events/freestyles for over 5 yrs (remember the Charlton conservative club guys - the good ole days) Kelly, Dan and Russell have always had that personal touch as well as knowing how to put on a bloody good freestyle[/QUOTE]
    I certainly do, One of my first ever venues. Those were the days!!!

Thread Information