Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Hipsters

Originally posted by Boomer
    Be careful what you wish for my friend....be very careful.......
    Oh yes my friend, it is very over-rated!

It is beholden on a gentleman to attend Church at least once a week.....unfortunately that great eveil which is Uni forces me to stay in....oh bugger the Enlightenment [/B]
    Well, who's brave enough to grince with me then that's not rock-bottoming or studying, or twiddling thumbs in fear of grincing injuries?

Shirts....

Right come on Andy, who did you actually get shirts for on your expedition. Do you think we can have an "official shirt wearing" night

Now, please PM me with details of what Cornelius's one looks like, I'm dying to know!

Px

B.T.C.
    Just a quick thanks to everyone laura and I danced with last night at Hipsters. We had a great time and Laura had superb dances from Nigel, Viktor, Will, Tony and several others.

Tuesday may be reckoned to be the 'better' night but with Viktor teaching and Nigel 'taxi-ing' how can it be better sorry you werent there Pammy but maybe next time.

Just watching a Viktor beginners class provides so much inspiration. Great night.

Oh no, not another Hipsters thread

Another great night, and an opportunity to put faces to more forumites' names

Hi to Lory - danced with you before several times but now I know who you are...

Hi to Daisy, great to meet you, if only on the way out...

Mary, not scary, a terrific dance tonight. Thanks so much.

Minnie M, ditto, thanks to you too.

Bellissima, where were you? I was looking for you for ages... you just wait for Friday...

Sheepster (and Mrs Sheepster), excellent job on the bar, never much of a queue, and great that you weren't on the dance floor beating me to the pounce as you did with such annoying regularity over the weekend.

David, Lily, how come you guys seem so normal in real life??? Thanks for the help with the illusion spin, Lily. I have a horrible feeling that, slow learner that I am, I might need to ask you for yet another reminder. But I will get it, I promise.

See y'all soon...

Chris

PS Pamster, where the hell were you darlin'?
    PPS Boomster, you missed another goodun. Or did I miss you???
    PPPS Shirtster, this is now the second time to my knowlege you've stopped the class and made the teacher comment. I'm hoping for something in an exceptionally luminous azure blue sometime soon. Please don't disappoint, I'm relying on you.

Just got home from Hipsters tonight - and what a lot of 'forumites' were there tonight ! (lots from Brighton too)

Hi Lori - didn't guess it was you and STILL haven't met Pammy and Boomer

Was looking forward to a dance with Tony, but he wasn't there BUT had a great dance with ChrisA - it was really smooth (thanks Chris)

Had such a good time, gonna go tomorrow (another late night)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Re: Oh no, not another Hipsters thread

Originally posted by ChrisA
    Another great night, and an opportunity to put faces to more forumites' names................
    Certainly was

I posted my comments on the night on the 'old' Hipsters thread - what do we do now we have two

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

I'm hitting Hippies tomorrrow ....don't know why I'm grinning though, haven't been in almost 2 weeks...gonna be clumsier than usual ah well. Hope it wasn't tooo good last night , a man can be selfish every now and then (Beardsey and Forte, keep your naughty sexist comment to mother's thread ). If you're there tomorrow MM, see you there, and keep your steel-toe caps handy.

Re: Re: Oh no, not another Hipsters thread

Originally posted by Minnie M
    Certainly was

I posted my comments on the night on the 'old' Hipsters thread - what do we do now we have two
    That's a good question Now I have to multi-task...just dribbled my gum into the floor, I hat emulti-tasking Move and rythm can't even type and chew gum.

Hiya Christer, you didn't miss me tonight I couldn't make it. Will be there tomorrow, so will catch you there if your going
    Last edited by Boomer; 29th-October-2003 at 03:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Chris - I missed my dance(s) with you last night

So sorry - TwK and I are experimenting with getting the train home and had to leave horribly early. I didn't get many dances at all - it was terribly frustrating! I did manage my first ever dance with the wonderful Howard (don't know if he is on the Forum - Howard, if you are out there reveal yourself!!). But I had to leave without nabbing a dance with the lovely Chris A, DavidB, Will, Amir, Mr Daisy and Andy McG (Andy - I know who you are, it's just a matter of time!).

Fab night. Great crowd. Boomer - still haven't worked out who you are, but I'm on the case

Re: Oh no, not another Hipsters thread

PS Pamster, where the hell were you darlin'?
    Pub quiz couldn’t do without me, they needed me to get wrong several questions and claim I was sure they were right Still, it all comes down to who’s team you’re at the end of the day, right

I will be there tonight though

Originally posted by Divissima

Fab night. Great crowd. Boomer - still haven't worked out who you are, but I'm on the case
    I’m the quiet mysterious one, dark and brooding, stalking the edge of the dance floor overflowing with natures dark tempestuous potency, like a coiled spring ready to fly into a grince at a moments notice ....with a beer in one hand:sorry , a tube timetable in the other and shrieking ‘I’m no good at this dancing malarkey’ every time someone asks me to dance ....I also look petrified 9 times out of 10 ....so I’m hard to miss.

Will be there tonight, so say hi if you’re going

I also look petrified 9 times out of 10 ....so I’m hard to miss.
    Improving rapidly then..

Chris

Improving rapidly then..

Chris
    One degree less of fear in 2.5 months, this time next year I'll only be producing bricks half the time Unless we take 'diminishing returns' into account

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A big Helloooooo to you all

Chris, what a lovely dancer you are! Your the type of dancer that inspires me to be better (also frustrates me that I'm not! lol)
    I know we've danced many times during lessons but I can't recall ever dancing freestyle with you b4 and I hope it won't be the last?

A big sorry to DavidB, we had one really good dance, then, very nicely you risked another, oh my god, it turmed out to be the fastest song EVER, I really felt sorry for you! then to top it off, disaster......the man from the couple next to us, accidentally elbowed me in the neck and momentarily I saw stars and the dance had to be abandoned!

Mikey, (my best friend) need I say more?

Andy, we had a giggle didn't we, and yessssss...u managed to get a couple of double spins out of me! Woo hoo

Will, thank you for dancing with Holly

Roger, didn't get a dance with you!

Greg (sheepman and barman extrodinare) Next time, for sure!!!!!!!!

Lily, lovely as usual!

Minnie, friendly as usual!

and it was nice to meet u to Daisy and Mary!

So, who's going to Camber then?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I had one my best nights last night even though I didn't have that many dances. One of the best atmospheres I've known down there for a while - is this due to the turnout from the provinces??

Wow, DavidB asked me to dance. I think I have just about managed to get over my nerves and shyness and now feel able to ask him more often (if he's willing to oblige that is!) . ChrisA - dancing with you is always dreamy. Love dancing with you Andy - it's always fun.

OK, gushing aside, really pleased to meet other forumites Lori and Daisy. And MinnieM, Tony hasn't been available to come out to play recently, so it's either Twyford on Friday or after our week hols.

See you all again very soon I hope.

M

Originally posted by Lory
    So, who's going to Camber then?
    we need a new thread for that - who's gonna start it ?

--ooOoo--

Commercial Operator
    Hope it wasn't tooo good last night
    Sorry Boomer, but it was. Was it the post RBs buzz, or the fact that I was working on the bar so only managed to interfere/"dance" with about 6 women. There was "something in the air", a real special night, plus a tad more space than last week. Maybe it was just me, but Mrs. Sheepman was also raving, and most impressed after her first ever dance with the McGregster. I hope all those that travelled from afar enjoyed it as much (Lesley, Jill and co.). So I'm afraid you, Pammy and Helen missed out. Nigel's quickfire lesson was on the tough to "no chance" side for some people, but it is always good to have a challenge!

Greg

PS And of course there was Chris A, being a real hero! I'll have to check threads to see if he is going to explain before revealing why myself.

Originally posted by Sheepman
    PS And of course there was Chris A, being a real hero! I'll have to check threads to see if he is going to explain before revealing why myself.
    I wasn't going to... I've used up all my nerve for the next decade or two I reckon.

Oh god, I just hope I did the right thing. Three consecutive encounters, identical, er, aroma in each case, confirmation from a lady who'd obviously danced with him... and I'm still bricking it hoping I haven't made an awful mistake.

Chris

Pammy and Helen missed out.
    Story of our lives

Commercial Operator
    Maybe it was just me, but Mrs. Sheepman was also raving, and most impressed after her first ever dance with the McGregster.
    You're a very lucky man Mr Sheepman

I hope all those that travelled from afar enjoyed it as much (Lesley, Jill and co.). So I'm afraid you, Pammy and Helen missed out
    There were loads of people from Brighton, Bristol and even one guy from Nottingham!

Nigel's quickfire lesson was on the tough to "no chance" side for some people, but it is always good to have a challenge!
    Nigel's lesson was fine for the guys but some time near the end of the routine most of the women were a bit dizzy. Which is how I like them

Come on ChrisA. I didn't get the cryptic clue.

Last night as Hipsters was very good. Last night was packed with people who wanted to keep the Rockbottoms vibe going just a bit longer. There were far more women I wanted to dance with than there were tracks to dance to so I was quite happy at the end of the night

COMMENCE RANT

I hadn't been for many months on a Tuesday because they play Lindy music and I don't do Lindy. That was still the same But it was still a great night with plenty of good tracks between the time wasted waiting for the Lindy stuff to finish - one track in particular was much, much too fast for proper modern jive - you could dance to it but it was no fun - I don't want to travel 160 miles on a week night to listen to Lindy music or dance badly to it.

I think I'll stick to Wednesdays because I do Modern Jive. I don't do Lindy, I think the two don't mix, the music is different the phrasing is different and Lindy Hoppers take up too much space and kick you in the shins if you get too close. Why can't they have their own music in a different room or even their own night? The only problem with not going on Tuesdays is that I'll miss the brilliant lessons from Amir and Nigel.

Come on guys, the Lindy people would love their own night with their own music and so would modern jivers. You've got a top DJ a great venue with top dancers. If it was in two rooms people that do both styles would have a choice and people that don't wouldn't have their night interrupted by difficult to enjoy music. Of course, I could be in the minority as Tuesday is busier than Wednesday.

RANT ENDS

Thread Information