Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbour Problems - Advice Please

Re: Neighbour Problems - Advice Please

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Overall, have to agree with Twirly. It is just a table. Will try to get a bit of perpective and not take it so seriously.
    When I lived in a flat, the bloke across from me used to walk around the communal hallway naked and playing with his winkle.

If I needed to leave my flat I would have to make sure the coast was clear before leaving every day.

I wouldn't fret too much about the table...life is too short to worry about the little things (which is what I used to think about my neighbour)

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    ...........I wouldn't fret too much about the table...life is too short to worry about the little things (which is what I used to think about my neighbour)
    so you had a good look then

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Community mediation??

Seriously, although it probably hasn't yet come to this, some council's (in England, at least) have a community mediation service, especially for neighbour disputes, and, in particular, when said neighbours are no longer communicating.

Often landlords and/or housing associations try to get such neighbours to agree ( ... to disagree agreeably) ... which usually worsens the problem.

Look up community mediation and see if there is a service near you [... if it ever looks like it'll turn nasty].

Please note that mediation is not legally binding. If two neighbours cannot come to any manner of arrangement, then it needs to be imposed ... generally by the courts.

Hope this helps .... or makes you feel better!!

Ian

The plants are in the garden

The yucky table has been dumped

We are no longer tripping over bikes in the flat

All is quiet on the Western Front (neighbour has not come round demanding to know where her table is!)

There are no strong men in sight but I live in hope!

Glad you got it sorted out, Isis.

I personally want to kick my top floor neighbour in the nuts after he vomited out of his kitchen window.....

.....and the vomit splashed all the way down the side of the building, nicely covering my kitchen window and window sill, and also making a nice big puddle right outside the garden door.....

Unfortunately I haven't got my window cleaner's phone number, and he's not due to turn up for a while yet.... And the bloody window is too high up for me to reach, as I live on the 1st floor, so I can't clean it myself. In the meantime I have to do my cooking with my back to the window, as the sight of the mess really puts me off my food!

I shall make sure to give my neighbour the bill from my window cleaner, and if I ever feel sick, I shall go and vomit in my neighbours letterbox.

That is totally gross! I hope you get it sorted soon LM

Commercial Operator

There are no strong men in sight but I live in hope!
    How about a weak one?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans View Post
    Community mediation??

Seriously, although it probably hasn't yet come to this, some council's (in England, at least) have a community mediation service, especially for neighbour disputes, and, in particular, when said neighbours are no longer communicating.

Often landlords and/or housing associations try to get such neighbours to agree ( ... to disagree agreeably) ... which usually worsens the problem.

Look up community mediation and see if there is a service near you [... if it ever looks like it'll turn nasty].

Please note that mediation is not legally binding. If two neighbours cannot come to any manner of arrangement, then it needs to be imposed ... generally by the courts.

Hope this helps .... or makes you feel better!!

Ian
    Glad to hear the table problem has now been sorted, but for anyone who does get into real problems with a neighbour, regarding community mediation (we have them in Scotland too). I had a real neighbour nightmare in my last house, never imagined I'd be in that situation in my life, all sorts of nasty spiteful things were going on. In the end I called community mediation and they helped us sort the matter out and avoid legal actions (and the associated fees!!!).

(Have now moved and have nice neighbours!)

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    When I lived in a flat, the bloke across from me used to walk around the communal hallway naked and playing with his winkle.

If I needed to leave my flat I would have to make sure the coast was clear before leaving every day.

I wouldn't fret too much about the table...life is too short to worry about the little things (which is what I used to think about my neighbour)
    That's the first time I've seen it called that since I was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Glad you got it sorted out, Isis.

I personally want to kick my top floor neighbour in the nuts after he vomited out of his kitchen window.....

.....and the vomit splashed all the way down the side of the building, nicely covering my kitchen window and window sill, and also making a nice big puddle right outside the garden door.....

Unfortunately I haven't got my window cleaner's phone number, and he's not due to turn up for a while yet.... And the bloody window is too high up for me to reach, as I live on the 1st floor, so I can't clean it myself. In the meantime I have to do my cooking with my back to the window, as the sight of the mess really puts me off my food!

I shall make sure to give my neighbour the bill from my window cleaner, and if I ever feel sick, I shall go and vomit in my neighbours letterbox.
    You certainly should bill him. That would constitute a legal nuisance, and costs of cleaning it up would be recoverable damages. It might even be an instance of the rule in Rylands v Fletcher (legal joke - don't ask...)

Law students are going to be baffled when they google 'Rylands v Fletcher' and get directed to a modern jive forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    How about a weak one?
    Just how weak are we talking?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Just how weak are we talking?
    the full 7 days

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    the full 7 days
    Ahh, the old "I was once a weak man" joke, brings back memories of Carry On Matron - Hattie Jacques... Ooops. Don't mind me, carry on, nothing to see here.

Well I was once again woken by the tribe next door at 4.30am. They have smashed their patio glass doors and sounded like they were knocking down walls. I have had enough so will report them today. Through sleep deprevation I am worried that I might kill them in the night. It really p1sses me off to think that there are some genuine people that want to stay and work in this country and these are just spongers that have no repect for anyone else. By accident a letter came to my house and I opened it. The amount of dole monies you get for a family of 5 is amazing. Not sure who to contact but I want them out! I know they will be gone by next week but will be back when the forms have to be renewed.

Rant over!

Thread Information