Thread: If you didn't dance...?

Glitter Queen

If you didn't dance...?

I know for many of us dancing takes up a great deal of our time, money and effort; that is our choice and we love it!

My question is, if you didn't dance what would you do with all that time, money and effort instead?

(maybe we'll add a poll later, but I'd like some suggestions first)

Re: If you didn't dance...?

Sod the money, I want to know what I did with my brain before I started dancing. When do the infection of my thought process return to a near normal state??? It's positively scary when I wake up at 3am in the morning and then start thinking about how I should be doing a move, its even scarier when I then go and look it up

Travel and see more of the world. Certainly I'd have more holiday allowance left and I'd probably still reduce my carbon footprint even if I did a world tour!

I would probably go surfing a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    Sod the money, I want to know what I did with my brain before I started dancing. When do the infection of my thought process return to a near normal state??? It's positively scary when I wake up at 3am in the morning and then start thinking about how I should be doing a move, its even scarier when I then go and look it up
    Sorry to tell you this, but it doesn't return to it's pre-dancing state at all!

What does happen is that the thoughts become more commonplace, and therefore less scary

And didn't we do a similar thread just recently...?

Funny thing is, I used to be really busy all the time, even before I found dancing. Not sure how I managed to fit everything in back then even. I actually seem to do less stuff now - although in part that might be the acquisition of a boyfriend too

One thing I do know, my friends would see a lot more of me. I've been thinking recently that I've not seen a lot of people since about April, when I got hit by that car and had to slow everything down anyway. Funny how the first thing to come back into my life was the dancing!

Im on a mission to be James Bond at the moment. Am looking to take up sailing and shooting in the near future. Also going climbing soon.

Im sure most of these will tail off at some point soon

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I actually seem to do less stuff now - although in part that might be the acquisition of a boyfriend too
    another one? .. oh.. wait.. you mean? aha !

I'd swim more.. I'd travel more.. I'd work out and exercise and get myse.. who am I kidding?

I'd sit on my couch and watch DVD's .. And Play World of Warcraft.. and Visit Twirly

Beo "Wannabe Couch Potato" Wulf

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    I know for many of us dancing takes up a great deal of our time, money and effort; that is our choice and we love it!

My question is, if you didn't dance what would you do with all that time, money and effort instead?

(maybe we'll add a poll later, but I'd like some suggestions first)
    Sparkles are you suggesting that there are other things in life apart from dancing??? in short i have absolutely no idea what i`d be doing, i`m sure i wouldn`t be as contented with my lot as i am since i started dancing, great question though, and actually pondering the question makes me realise how important it is to us all methinks......

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    Play World of Warcraft
    Now we're talking...

If I didn't dance, Toi'd be lvl 70 by now. I might also have a first class degree rather than a 2:1. Oh, and I might actually have sorted out some of my home paperwork, but I doubt it.

And if I'd never discovered blues, WCS and 'serene Ceroc' (what a silly name), I'd probably be thinner (I swear I use up much less energy per dance these days than I used to).

On the other hand, I'd probably go out even less, and be doing less well in my career, because I'd have less self-confidence. So it's swings and roundabouts really.

I'd probably be hanging out with some of the same people as I do at Ceroc, but eating out and going to the cinema etc more.

I'd be going on weekends round Ireland instead of dance weekends.

I'd be going on walking/sightseeing holidays instead of dance holidays.

I would own less shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I would own less shoes.

Commercial Operator

Start Smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post

What I currently do with the rest of my life only more so

(Friends, family, art, magic, poetry, cloud-gazing, music, reading, writing, wandering, pondering, WOW......)

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    I'd swim more.. I'd travel more.. I'd work out and exercise and get myse.. who am I kidding?

I'd sit on my couch and watch DVD's .. And Play World of Warcraft..

This is why I asked the question - because this is exactly how my thought process went!

I thought, if I didn't dance I might take up swimming, or join a gym or buy a bicycle and go for long rides... and get really fit...

... and then I realised that without dancing in my life I'd probably end up sitting at home a lot more and being miserable.

Dancing is one of the greatest confidence givers there is for me (under normal circumstances - my recent thread was a definite blip in the system), it helps to keep me in shape, it has brought me a wealth of wonderful friends (and boyfriend ) and occupies a great deal of my thoughts. I've been dancing so long I don't know what I'd do without it now...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Im on a mission to be James Bond at the moment. Am looking to take up sailing and shooting in the near future. Also going climbing soon.
    Been there, done that, but you're right. Eventually all those actresses and models throwing themselves at you gets boring.

I'd be a fat, depressed, alcoholic.

Thread Information