Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Popular dance style in UK

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    i cant even explain to my partner whats going on .
    Mr Smurf, you are way too hard on yourself. I thoroughly enjoyed our dances on Saturday night and thought you led beautifully
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Sheena
    Mr Smurf, you are way too hard on yourself. I thoroughly enjoyed our dances on Saturday night and thought you led beautifully
    thankyou again Sheena but theres a big difference between leading a move and explaining what Im doing. I was talking about my ability to break anything down and explain it in any way, or even to analyze what im doing sometimes. Fi has suggested moves whilst we have been dancing before and now she realises its entirely pointless, i simply cannot insert a move on demand whilst im already dancing or analyze a move i just did. Whilst that may seem good in some ways, i have great trouble when starting to do something new - West Coast Swing for example, I've done quite a few classes and workshops in that and not got anywhere because it requires me to think (i do a mean sugar push ..and...er...that's it) . If i was to stick at something though....fine, it would just take me longer than some

Apologies if that makes no sense further proof what a great dance teacher I'd make

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Sheena
    So did I!!!!

and anyone who can lead me must be no bad at a'!

*insert lovie moment* and didn't Mrs Smurf look stunning all night too!!!

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Apologies if that makes no sense further proof what a great dance teacher I'd make
    BIG DIFFERENCE .... Ceroc teachers teach a formula ..... we learn a large number of moves by rote, are intensely trained how to present them using a set template (must admit that being slow to never previously noticing that teachers always used the same words to teach moves). Being a great dancer is not important, being a competent dancer and a clear communicator is. That said, after teachers become more experienced they tend to bring more of their own perosnality to the role.

From my limited experince of Salsa teachers, they seem to be very good dancers wo are now trying to pass on that knowledge with their own devised teaching structure ... most of which I've found to be unclear, with the occaisional wonderfull exception. I look forwrad to seeing Lydia teaching Salsa as I've heard very good reports.

Thread Information