Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freezing am i

Re: Freezing am i

After trying Whittard's of Chelsea, Woolworths, mcBeans, Argos, Debenhams, etc and SCOURING the streets of Aberdeen I finally found a couple in John Lewis's

A flowery one.. or a red/blue reversible one. needless to say I opted for the Red/Blue one They are rarer than hens teeth these days. But so much more efficient than wrapping the tea pot in a towel

I have been given a masterclass by Twirly on the correct way to brew her morning tea Woe betide me if I get it wrong

Still can't stand tea though

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    cheers guys... sounds like one of the heights of the British culture...
    I couldn't have known...
    I bet you wished you had one, don't you?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I feel like my life has been empty until this thread. I'm off to John Lewis tonight to get my first tea cosy, I'm sure all of them will go nicely with my British flat full of hand-crafted napkins, fluffy curtains and porcelain cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I would like the ones in blue [last picture] it looks like a lacey honey combed effect and the tea in cups looks the right colour.

Hey at £8 each it's almost [but not quite] enough to make one go and have a look for them knitting needles.
    Last edited by rubyred; 21st-August-2007 at 04:52 PM.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Question. I'm wondering why you are bothering to put a coat on your teapots!
    Surely the tea doesn't get cold that quick, so why not just drink it when you first make it? (In case you hadn't guessed, I don't drink tea)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Surely the tea doesn't get cold that quick, so why not just drink it when you first make it? (In case you hadn't guessed, I don't drink tea)
    If you make it in a pot, you usually have 2-4 cups. The first one is fine, but then it does get colder as time goes on. A pot of tea can last me an hour or so - if you don't use a tea cosy, it's less than lukewarm when you get to the last cup and

This is particularly true in Aberdeen - even in August!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    If you make it in a pot, you usually have 2-4 cups. The first one is fine, but then it does get colder as time goes on. A pot of tea can last me an hour or so - if you don't use a tea cosy, it's less than lukewarm when you get to the last cup and

This is particularly true in Aberdeen - even in August!
    Why don't they just make better insulated teapots? Teacosies must be the naffest looking things ever invented, especially when you have daft Daves wearing them on their heads!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Builder's tea ahh and to my liking exactly only minus the sugar
    I aways tell people to leave the tea bag in as no one makes it strong enough!

Why don't they just make better insulated teapots? Teacosies must be the naffest looking things ever invented, especially when you have daft Daves wearing them on their heads!
    You'd have to ask the teapot manufacturer's that. Maybe it's because the best teapots are china?

I think that you can get them (my Dad has one), but they end to be expensive. You can get a teapot and tea cosy (and they don't look naff just traditional!) for under a tenner - think my Dad's one cost nearer £20. And it's metal, which I don't like. Makes the tea taste funny.

I'm a fussy beggar - I also like a particular brand of teapot because it has a strainer in, which means that you can remove the tea leaves easily when the tea has brewed. Stewed tea is

Oooh i say thats uncalled for...tea anyone??????????

XX XX DTS Dave

Blog Entries

you use a teacosy so the pot stays warm and your second cup is as delicious if not more delicious than the first.

Mind you, i dont think this tea cosy is going to make the tea pot as DTS has grown very comfortable with it on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    its literally what it says.

honestly.... the things i do for welsh loving.

Its pink with white spots all over it, wish id taken a pic now.
    And the tea cosy?

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    Do you think its the Irishness in us that we love a grand sup of tay?

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I'm a fussy beggar - I also like a particular brand of teapot because it has a strainer in, which means that you can remove the tea leaves easily when the tea has brewed. Stewed tea is
    Do you find that you have to drink it out of a certain cup or mug. I have my mugs for tea, certain ones for the odd coffee that I drink and my hot chocolate mugs. I also like to drink my cold drinks out of certain glasses and if I don't put the drinks in the right one then they don't taste the same. I also never don't like to drink cold drinks out of mugs.

Does that mean I am obsessively disordered as well as everything else?

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Do you think its the Irishness in us that we love a grand sup of tay?
    possibly! Although when my sister makes me a cuppa it always make me feel rather queasy with the amount of milk she puts in it!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    There should be a "special super-strong" tea bag for Irish people. And what is that bit, when you've already made the tea, then you go and boil it again on the stove for half an hour? What's that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    There should be a "special super-strong" tea bag for Irish people. And what is that bit, when you've already made the tea, then you go and boil it again on the stove for half an hour? What's that all about?
    Well Jamesy my lover if you boil the tea for another half hour it makes you go to the toilet a lot easier, kinda loosens the bowels up.

As i work on site quit a bit i was drinking this kind of tea often and found my movements quit hard so off to the Doc went i. After a brief rear examination the doc made me bend over with my trousers around my knees(Trousers was not happy, but thats another story), the doc then gave me an almighty kick on the bottom. I barely made it to the toilet before it all came out. talking with the doc later i said, whats all that about then? To which he replied...Stop wiping your a*se on cement bags.

XXX XXX DTS Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    found my movements quite hard

I barely made it to the toilet before it all came out.
    Gross... there goes my Breakfast.. well.. I mean.. it would go had I had eaten any!

Do you find that you have to drink it out of a certain cup or mug. I have my mugs for tea, certain ones for the odd coffee that I drink and my hot chocolate mugs. I also like to drink my cold drinks out of certain glasses and if I don't put the drinks in the right one then they don't taste the same. I also never don't like to drink cold drinks out of mugs.

Does that mean I am obsessively disordered as well as everything else?

I'd had the same mugs since I was a student, but recently decided that they really were far too stained to continue with. I say recently - that was about 2 years ago. It's taken me that long to find replacements. Eventually I saw these in John Lewis... and new I'd found my new mugs! Needs to be fine bone china with a lip that goes just so... Only slight disadvantage with these is that the tea does get cold a bit more quickly because of the large surface area - but I've learnt to drink my tea more quickly!

Right, I'll just go and stand over here with the other weirdos...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Well Jamesy my lover if you boil the tea for another half hour it makes you go to the toilet a lot easier, kinda loosens the bowels up.

As i work on site quit a bit i was drinking this kind of tea often and found my movements quit hard so off to the Doc went i. After a brief rear examination the doc made me bend over with my trousers around my knees(Trousers was not happy, but thats another story), the doc then gave me an almighty kick on the bottom. I barely made it to the toilet before it all came out. talking with the doc later i said, whats all that about then? To which he replied...Stop wiping your a*se on cement bags.

XXX XXX DTS Dave

ive never found you more attractive than i do at the moment.

I have certain mugs for tea and only drink coffee out of a glass cup. i dont like it in anything else. I never thought it was strange but thinking about it now, it probably is... I dont take sugar in anything either.. there is nothing worse than sweet tea.......eeeeeoouuuuuk

Thread Information