Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nerves when you're not new?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Nerves when you're not new?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    go for it gal.
    Yeah, fine, whatever, but about these venues...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Yeah, fine, whatever, but about these venues...?
    Well Southport had quite a bit showing this year. Also, Ashtons does have quite a bit of sexy gals flashing their bits. You would know this of course as your normally on the edge, watching.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well Southport had quite a bit showing this year. Also, Ashtons does have quite a bit of sexy gals flashing their bits. You would know this of course as your normally on the edge, watching.
    From above, at that

Hmmm, I think I'll stick to the salsa venues...

With regards the nerves and feeling out of place at new venues or venues with a high number of perfect bodies and lots of flesh. I find myself watching them because they are very attractive to look at, not because their dancing is good. so, if your not so slim (like me) and not as attractive as the sexy dancers and somebody is watching you, i always presume its because my dancing is ok and i must be doing something right. Either that or i have my skirt tucked in my knickers or my boob has fallen out.

Take is as a compliment either way.

Well said girly!

I came late to the Mariachi night. There was a wall of spare ladies I did not know, the dancefloor was sparsley populated, the music was slow and latin, music for real dancers. For a guy who feels most at home in action and claims he is "best seen as a blur" this put me straight into the fear zone. Some of the unknown ladies are bound to be real dancers, others are going to be in the unfamiliar and insecure zone too. Watch and learn would be the best strategy, but there are ladies that want to dance.
    So it is onto the floor, knowing I am not up to standard, with nowhere to hide, with a wall of ladies spectating. Worse still there is no need for slow motion replays to reveal the faults, the dance is slow motion anyway.
    Much of the music, to me, calls for UCP, and extravagant laybacks, and you cannot dance like that with unknown partners, nor did I feel comfortable trying to form dance relationships when there were obviously so many ladies waiting for a dance. Decades of dance experience did not save me from nerves. Despite this I enjoyed, and, thankfully, some of my partners appeared to enjoy too.
    One tries, one hopes to improve.

Thread Information