Thread: Moving house

Commercial Operator

Moving house

Well...after months of painting & decorating ( yes I genuinely was.. )...the house is sold, and a new one bought, and we move in tomorrow.. We've lived in this house for 24 years, and it's amazing how much cr*p you accumulate in 24 years ....so, after numerous journeys to the tip, we've got everything packed into boxes, and the house now looks like a branch of Lidl We leave behind a lot of memories in this house. Our son was born & brought up here, and we've made a lot of changes to it in that time. However, the up side is that we are moving to a nice big detached house with a fab big garden, ideal for our 16 year old arthritic half blind West Highland Terrier ( and no stairs for him to climb). So I am about to switch of the pooter, & pack it all away ready for the big move. We are doing it ourselves, so we'll be cream crackered tomorrow night........oh! and we've also got Red Hot & Blue tomorrow night good planning or what ......so if you are there tomorrow night, and Irene & me look a wee bit worse for wear, you'll know why So it's a bottle of beer, a large Glayva & ice, and an early night for me

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Moving house

Good luck John and please pass my best wishes on to Irene
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Good Luck - and make sure you know which box has the kettle and tea & coffe in them

oh and having moved more times than I care to think about - make the beds first - that way you have somewhere to sleep whenever you decide it's time to crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    Good Luck - and make sure you know which box has the kettle and tea & coffe in them

oh and having moved more times than I care to think about - make the beds first - that way you have somewhere to sleep whenever you decide it's time to crash!

Excellent advice Yliander!

Lots of best wishes to you and yours John. Hope you get a really long lie tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    Well...after months of painting & decorating ( yes I genuinely was.. )...the house is sold, and a new one bought, and we move in tomorrow.. We've lived in this house for 24 years, and it's amazing how much cr*p you accumulate in 24 years ....so, after numerous journeys to the tip, we've got everything packed into boxes, and the house now looks like a branch of Lidl We leave behind a lot of memories in this house. Our son was born & brought up here, and we've made a lot of changes to it in that time. However, the up side is that we are moving to a nice big detached house with a fab big garden, ideal for our 16 year old arthritic half blind West Highland Terrier ( and no stairs for him to climb). So I am about to switch of the pooter, & pack it all away ready for the big move. We are doing it ourselves, so we'll be cream crackered tomorrow night........oh! and we've also got Red Hot & Blue tomorrow night good planning or what ......so if you are there tomorrow night, and Irene & me look a wee bit worse for wear, you'll know why So it's a bottle of beer, a large Glayva & ice, and an early night for me
    24yrs ? i feel a song coming on

Commercial Operator

WELL DONE TO YOU BOTH AND GOOD LUCK FOR THE
    FUTURE IN YOUR NEW HOME

Commercial Operator

Well...we're in the new house. can I just say, if we ever decide to move again, that we'll get a firm in to do it. last night at Red Hot & Blue I felt like a zombie, and I ached all over. My face was especially sore as a result of falling over while bringing the fridge freezer in, and it falling on my face ..thought I'd broken my cheekbone, and I've a big gash over the bridge of my nose
    however , now we're here, it's fab, though it's going to take a while to unpack all the boxes. A huge thanks to everyone who mucked in on the day, and a special mention to Buttons (Denise) and Neil who worked like Trojans, then let us shower and get ready for RH&B at their house, and fed us too. You two are absolute stars and we are honoured to have you as friends. ......Now! how many weeks 'till Southport?...

Wishing you both health and happiness in your new home

(BTW if you click on the thumbnail - the house does become a little more interesting)
    Attached Images Attached Images

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information