Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Normal behavior?

Re: Normal behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I can see you're going to be quite an addition to the dance scene Connie - hope you stick at it!
    Thank you I'll try my best to make it a positive addition.

Hopefully it will be a while before the horrid man is nasty to more unsuspecting beginners!

And I got some lovely dances out of some of the regulars in the bar that overheard the exchange. Wow, it was so amazing to dance with the "grownups" They were very respectful towards my limitations, but still managed to lead me into some moves I hadnt been taught. They just sort of magically seemed to be able to place me where they wanted me.

can't rep you again

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    stuff
    Good one

One minor query - your posts seem to be being formatted in strange ways (fonts and sizes) for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    can't rep you again
    Thanks to everyone that rep'ed me Not found out if there is a way I can reply to people that's left it, but thank you.
    Now what is rep LOL

Such cutting wit! glimrende! (I hope I got that right). That's soo funny!! LOL

æsel indeed!! (I believe that is Danish for Donkey?)

Next time I see you I'll be sure to ask - Vil du danse med mig?

Big respect!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Good one

One minor query - your posts seem to be being formatted in strange ways (fonts and sizes) for some reason?
    I think that might be because I typed the post in words, and the copied and pasted it to here. I did that so I could run spell check on it (my english spelling is sometimes a bit left to be desired)

However I wasnt aware that it would make my post come up in a different font, sorry. Wont do it again

I'm guilty too - borrowed this without any prior knowledge...

Useful Danish phrases

Blog Entries

I think that might be because I typed the post in words, and the copied and pasted it to here. I did that so I could run spell check on it (my english spelling is sometimes a bit left to be desired)

However I wasnt aware that it would make my post come up in a different font, sorry. Wont do it again
    No problem, I thought it must have been something like that

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Welcome to the forum Connie! Hey your English is waaaayyy better than any Danish I might ever have an attempt at

And as far as the prat goes - just imagine your delight as you perform a most delicious drop with a gorgeous, wonderful dance partner - right in front of him.....

and what a cracking revenge!

Sorry I can't rep you more

Wonderful story.

I hope you get as hooked on the Good Dancers as the rest of us are

(oh and the forum too )

Whitetiger

Mmm before I forget - there is a section about rep in the FAQ under the help section, and quite a few threads under the technical forum too.

Basically it is used for showing respect for what someone has written - hence your rep points and comments .
    Last edited by whitetiger1518; 16th-August-2007 at 09:49 AM.

In some ways I am glad there are people like that out there: it provides a contrast to all the rest of the loveley people.
    An attitude like this is completley the opposite to the whole Ceroc ethos. I'm fairly confident that someone like that would be 'talked to' and perhaps even asked to leave if it happened at any of the venues I know.

for returning and for the put-down.

Fab response! I'm sure the guy will still be an arrogant idiot but hopefully its made him think a bit.

And glad you have found that there are a lot of nice dancers and that guy was the exception rather than the rule.

Wow, I wish I had some of your self-possession! Certainly deserves some rep

It might be worth mentioning your initial experience to the venue manager too? I'm sure they'd be appalled to hear of someone treating a beginner (or, for that matter, anyone ) that way, and hopefully would do something about it before he managed to put someone off dancing altogether (that is, if he hasn't already ).

Hi everyone,

I went to my first ceroc class last week

Half way through the dance, he stopped suddenly and told me: " I am bored with this now, cant be bothered to dance with someone so useless"
    That is totally out of order and the guy should be given a word in his shell-like by the venue manager for being like that. That's real hot-sh*t behaviour (spelling mistake deliberate)

My first night I led my partner to punch me on the nose, got stuck in a loop doing the arm jive over... and over... and over again! I was dancing to Something but not necessarily the music that was playing and genuinely felt I shouldn't be there!

but I persevered .. and I'm glad I did.

You just get back out there and dance your little socks off, stick that A*** on your "ignore list" and a few weeks down the line you'll the one laughing. Especially as said above you do a really cool and stylish drop right in front of him

Thankfully fools like that are in the minority.

Dear Connie

I teach the beginners class at Fairfield Halls in Croydon and am very sorry to hear that someone talked to you in that manner and am quite disgusted and embarassed that people have that attitude in my class. I would like you to come back to Croydon and introduce yourself to me and see if you can show me who this person was and I will personally sort out this issue.

We fully encourage beginners to dance ceroc at any venue as that is what the beginners class and the format of the evening is designed for - for people like yourselves to learn to dance and have an enjoyable evening. People who are slightly more experienced should understand this and we encourage them to dance with new members/beginners as we were all beginners once and it is also a fantastic way to meet new people and friends!!!!

Please do not let one person ruin your dance experience with us at Croydon. I would really like to see you back at Croydon again and try and make your experience a better one.

For people reading this please respect our new members at ceroc and make them feel welcome at any venue. I know when I started people's warm welcome was what kept me going. You were beginners once too please do not think you are better than anyone else.

Regards x

Blog Entries

Blimey, Connie's clearly got a knack for this sort of thing

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Quote Originally Posted by mcvickis View Post
    Dear Connie

I teach the beginners class at Fairfield Halls in Croydon and am very sorry to hear that someone talked to you in that manner and am quite disgusted and embarassed that people have that attitude in my class. I would like you to come back to Croydon and introduce yourself to me and see if you can show me who this person was and I will personally sort out this issue.

We fully encourage beginners to dance ceroc at any venue as that is what the beginners class and the format of the evening is designed for - for people like yourselves to learn to dance and have an enjoyable evening. People who are slightly more experienced should understand this and we encourage them to dance with new members/beginners as we were all beginners once and it is also a fantastic way to meet new people and friends!!!!

Please do not let one person ruin your dance experience with us at Croydon. I would really like to see you back at Croydon again and try and make your experience a better one.

For people reading this please respect our new members at ceroc and make them feel welcome at any venue. I know when I started people's warm welcome was what kept me going. You were beginners once too please do not think you are better than anyone else.

Regards x
    Connie... above is whats called a "result"!! well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzosoprano View Post
    Connie... above is whats called a "result"!! well done!
    Yeah, much, much better than the response from Wimbledon.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Thread Information