Thread: Ceroc London Information

Angry Ceroc London Information

*rant mode on*

I decided to try the new night out at Putney tonight. I checked the Ceroc London website this afternoon, and all appeared to be fine. So I relied on the information provided in the newsletter this week (dated 6th August) which said:

Putney Opening on Sundays
    Putney will be open on Sunday nights as well as Tuesday nights from the 12th of August
    doors open 7.15pm
    beginners 7.30pm
    intermediate 8.30pm
    Freestyle 9pm-10.30
    Well somewhere between the 6th and the 12th (today) someone decided not to bother to run it, and didn't bother to either

a) e-mail people or

b) put it on the website

I got there about 8.15, walked up the stairs and could see the door at the top was closed. It sounded very quiet, and there were no banners up as there usually are. I couldn't see any signs at the top of the stairs (though I didn't go all the way up - it was dark up there, and didn't feel that safe) to say what was going on. There was a chap leaning out of the window in the bar downstairs - he confirmed that there was no-one from Ceroc up there.

As I went to walk back to my car, I saw a chap I know from Clapham, and told him that there wasn't anyone there. So I wasn't the only one expecting it to be on - and he'd apparently checked the website too.

Quite frankly, I'm getting really fed up of the lousy information provided by Ceroc London. When they sent me the e-mail about the free event at Putney last week, they didn't bother to put the date on it There was that "mystery event" that never materialised (and my enquiry about what was happening was ignored too), then there was the advertising of the events at Dulwich - they even had a Dulwich freestyle advertised on the website a couple of weeks ago when the whole Dulwich venture had been cancelled a month or so ago! Fortunately my query regarding that one was replied to, and the events disappeared from the website shortly afterwards.

I've sent an e-mail regarding tonight's fiasco, and asking for better quality information. My Sunday night has been completely wasted, and I haven't got to dance at all this weekend thanks to their ineptitude.

Caro - can I borrow that sledgehammer please?!

*rant mode off*

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Ceroc London Information

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Well somewhere between the 6th and the 12th (today) someone decided not to bother to run it, and didn't bother to either

a) e-mail people or

b) put it on the website
    I just checked, and there's a news flash thing on the Ceroc London facebook thingy:

Sundays at Putney (Sunday Squeeze) will be starting very, very soon - Septemember the 9th. This was on the weekly email to start the 12th of August, but due to other bookings and the bank holiday the earliest we could open is the 9th of September. Look out for the email!!!
    Obviously that doesn't help you now, and I'm left wondering:
    - What happened to the email?
    - What month is "Septemember"?

Quite frankly, I'm getting really fed up of the lousy information provided by Ceroc London. When they sent me the e-mail about the free event at Putney last week, they didn't bother to put the date on it
    Yes, they kept it a bit quiet, didn't they? I wondered (after two people had suggested that motive to me) whether it was a spoiler for the Jive Nation event.

There was that "mystery event" that never materialised (and my enquiry about what was happening was ignored too),
    Yes, I remember that - it was the "watch this space for exciting news" thing, wasn't it? Hmmm, that was also the weekend of the Jive Nation urban weekender, wasn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I just checked, and there's a news flash thing on the Ceroc London facebook thingy:

Yes, they kept it a bit quiet, didn't they? I wondered (after two people had suggested that motive to me) whether it was a spoiler for the Jive Nation event.

Yes, I remember that - it was the "watch this space for exciting news" thing, wasn't it? Hmmm, that was also the weekend of the Jive Nation urban weekender, wasn't it...
    Yes, I've since found the Facebook thing - but no, it's not a lot of help now. And it relies on people being on Facebook - I admit that I'm not a regular at Putney, so haven't joined that group. Surely a more efficient way of communication, which takes as much effort, is to SEND AN E-MAIL! I'm obviously on their bleedin' e-mail list...

And at this rate, I think I might defect to JN... If they can do any better that is.

Yes, I've since found the Facebook thing - but no, it's not a lot of help now. And it relies on people being on Facebook - I admit that I'm not a regular at Putney, so haven't joined that group. Surely a more efficient way of communication, which takes as much effort, is to SEND AN E-MAIL! I'm obviously on their bleedin' e-mail list...

And at this rate, I think I might defect to JN... If they can do any better that is.

Think there has been major confusion here but I DID get an email to say the opening had been delayed until september so...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post

That is a real dissapointment as it would be for anyone, I wonder how the organisers would feel if absolutly no-one turned up on the first evening of opening, maybe its better to go when you know its actually up and running for sure.

Hi Twirly,

i am Really sorry about the misunderstanding regarding the start date of the Sunday Squeeze.

We did send out this email on the afternoon of Wednesday 8th which can be seen at Sunday Squeeze HTML

The event was supposed to start on Sunday 12th but there was a problem with the ac leaking which the engineers were fixing on that Sunday and they wanted the flexibility of working late to get the job finished so we decided to postpone the start date. The next week meant running only 1 week before the bank holiday and the next week the ‘Sunday Smoove’ is opening at Jongleurs which we did not want to clash with so we decided to delay until Sunday 9th September.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you PM me with your membership no. I will arrange for you to receive free entry on September 9th.

jammy

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jammy View Post
    Hi Twirly,

i am Really sorry about the misunderstanding regarding the start date of the Sunday Squeeze.

We did send out this email on the afternoon of Wednesday 8th
    That was probably sent to the "everyone but Twirly" list though

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you PM me with your membership no. I will arrange for you to receive free entry on September 9th.
    Oooh, I was inconvenienced too! I was! I was planning to go along, really...

*snip*

jammy
    Thanks Jammy - much appreciated. I wasn't the only one not to have got the e-mail. Let's put it down to an internet glitch of some sort. I've PMed you.

Thread Information