Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Physically Attacked For Being Too Damn Sexy!!!

Re: Physically Attacked For Being Too Damn Sexy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    If we didn't care what we looked like then most of the fashion/celebrity magazines would be redundant
    Wouldn't this be a good thing? Earlier you wrote movingly about the negative feelings you got from reading some of these mags, and the destructive attitude they engender:

You pick up any weekly celebrity magazine and almost every article will be slagging off slim celebrities. There will be articles attacking people just because they look good. Just because they look better than the person writing the article.
    ----

If we take pride in ourselves and feel good about us then we are far less likely to let anyone bring us down.
    Very true. Mind you, folks can take pride in all kinds of aspects of themselves - in their appearance, in their skills, in their attitude, in their beliefs, in their community, and so on. I've met people with bags of self-confidence who don't take much care over their appearance.

Certainly I find it hard to regard vanity as a virtue. Too many people regard the pressure to look good to be an imposition, rather than an opportunity to shine, and a source of depression rather than self-worth. Broadly speaking, I'd prefer that folks spent more time improving other aspects of themselves, or helping others improve, rather than placing quite so much time on their looks.

I have just had a glorious week in Turkey with Stokie............/snip/.............Anyone else expereinced anything like this?
    'm sorry to hear those c*ws did their best to ruin your holiday. If you ask me, they're just envious. Some people like putting others down to feel good about themselves.
    Last edited by Tiggerbabe; 13th-August-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Quoting entire post.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    I personally think you are hot babe and should flaunt what you have! I wish I had your looks esp after having children... Enjoy your hols again on Friday and make sure you pack lots of high heels and bikinis! I could lend you my pole dancing shoes if you like! 6 inch heels big enough????

Thanks honey.

I have two pairs of lappies and they both have 6 inch heels. I was thinking about learning to dance in them so I could wear them with my outfit for Southport.

Thanks honey.

I have two pairs of lappies and they both have 6 inch heels. I was thinking about learning to dance in them so I could wear them with my outfit for Southport.
    Now I'm intrigued.. Pantomime and pole dancing shoes

Registered User Little Yellow Fish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Doolan View Post
    Gadgies are travellers and they don't take too kindly to being called it.

Maybe in East Kilbride - in Dundee, a gadgy is a chav.

I don't take kindly to some things I get called for being slim, but I deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    How many times can you spin in high heels

where is that truth or dare thread ?
    Now that would be telling

Commercial Operator

I'm off on holiday in a few hours.............................wish me luck.

Good luck babe!!

Whatever you do don't forget to strut your stuff and have a brill time wearing the high heels. Dont forget your new sun glasses. [you can bring 4 now!!!!!] Good luck honey hope you , Stokie and kids have a great time and see you when you get back. x
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Don't shoot me down but I can see why high heels would look a bit 'inappropriate' at the poolside ... I would feel embarrassed out sunbathing with a 'girlfriend' teetering around on heels at the poolside but that's just me! If you want all eyes on you, I'm sure it achieves the desired effect but no way, did you deserve to be attacked for that and I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Turkey is my favourite place and I once had my legs slapped by a mad, old woman from the mountains for wearing a mini skirt which wasn't even that short!

I suppose it's a question of what people consider to be acceptable and appropriate. Recently saw an episode of airline where an American wore an incredibly short kilt and staff refused to let him board in such attire. After much ado about infringement of human rights, etc he put some jeans on just to be able to get home!

Quote Originally Posted by littlewiggle View Post
    I suppose it's a question of what people consider to be acceptable and appropriate.
    Though this wasn't about being culturally appropriate (at least I don't think so, was it TB?) This was other holiday makers who were simply jealous.

I've lived in countries where it wasn't culturally appropriate for a woman to wear trousers, or have her shoulders bare, and that was fine, I stuck to the cultural guidelines.

But I don't think this was because TB was wearing a bikini and heels by the pool - I think it was because she looked good and clearly was comfortable and self confident about how she looked, and the other women didn't so it wound them up.

Sounds to me more like they were agressive ******s and had one too many cocktails (probably just the one). They were winding each other up and are the kind of women who beat up other girls in nightclub toilets for looking better than they do.

At least you had a good holiday (attack aside).

I won't get into the 'skinny' debate. I'll get cross.

Registered User Katie Kicks Ass's Avatar

Such a shame people do this to other people.
    Do tell me how you stay so slim, I am apparently 'normal weight' for my height, but people keep asking me how far gone I am.

Thread Information