Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: "Severe exhaustion"

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: "Severe exhaustion"

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzosoprano View Post
    Certainly didn't mean to be on a "high horse" - too short for that so it's too far to the ground! I didn't think I'd "rounded" on DJ either - certainly don't disagree that Ms Winehouse seems to be a bit "different" - one could certainly have the opinion that she was a bit of a "loon" and other than the anorexic thing was with him 100% in the posts until then! And I certainly did state my opinion that the fact that she possibly has an eating disorder doesn't make her a looney. But that's my belief and maybe not the belief of others. Like Twirly says, it's about the perception of the reader!!
    Mezzo - I love you

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Mezzo - I love you
    I'll just take that at face value and not read anything into it!! How's the wee blue smurfy then?? EEk, off topic quick before I get found out!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Mezzo - I love you
    Wuss.

I hate everyone, you're all bullying poor little me. I think I need lots of (positive) rep to cheer me up.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Wuss.

I hate everyone, you're all bullying poor little me. I think I need lots of (positive) rep to cheer me up.
    I'm not allowed to give you any more!! I have to wait DAYS until I can give you more rep - you get rep regularly from me!!! So stop being so amusing and witty and then I won't rep you so often and then when you really want rep... I can give you some!

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

I'm not allowed to give you any more!! I have to wait DAYS until I can give you more rep - you get rep regularly from me!!! So stop being so amusing and witty and then I won't rep you so often and then when you really want rep... I can give you some!
    Do you read his posts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    Do you read his posts?
    Hey, I resemble that.

Do you read his posts?
    Yes! He has a habit of being humourous! I spelt that wrong didn't I.. it doesn't look right!

Winehouse 'addicted to heroin', claims mother-in-law
    (Wednesday August 15, 2007 07:40 AM)

Singer Amy Winehouse is reportedly addicted to heroin, according to her mother-in-law Georgette Civil.
    Winehouse and husband Blake Fielder-Civil have checked into a rehab clinic in the U.S., according to newspaper reports, after the singer collapsed following three days of hard partying last week.
    And now Fielder-Civil's mother tells the Daily Mirror newspaper, "You can't blame Amy, you can't blame Blake. They're just as bad as each other. It's the hardest thing in the world for me to say in public that my son and his wife have a drug problem...
    "I know my son has had a drug problem ever since he was 20 and moved down to London. I needed to know about Amy's problems and we had a chat - just the two of us. She told me she was addicted to heroin and cocaine."
    Civil claims Winehouse's father Mitch blamed Blake for his daughter's problems and argued with Fielder-Civil's stepfather Giles over the weekend.
    Civil continues, "Mitch blamed Amy's husband and blew his top when Giles tried to defend him... Later Giles phoned him then he apologised unreservedly. Ironically, Mitch losing his temper at Giles has helped Amy and Blake.
    "Both families are just very pleased and proud for them to recognise they have a problem and that they are making steps to cure it."

Oh well.... at least she doesn't do drugs/hard drugs then

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Right let me make this clear as DJ and a few others have twisted it...

A year or so ago Amy Winehouse was clean of drugs, she drank like a fish but did not take any form of illegal drug.

Before that she had taken canabis which is classed as a soft drug.

That is what I stated! Re-read for yourself if your not sure. Just been another case of twist the words.

I also stated that I don't know if she does drugs now. I said I would be supprised if she did as she was quite anti them when I knew her.

My other point I was making is that I personally take reports in the paper written by someone who was not there using fact from scources who are not named, with a pinch of salt. It has kept her front pages of the papers for a week or so now. As they say, Any Publicity etc.

MMMmm doesn't she have a new single just come out?

Now Pete Dogherty, it is ob he has a drug problem as has been caught and charged a few times.

Amy is a nice girl and what you see on TV and in the papers is 90% an act and co-ordinated to get her publicity, just like most celebs.

They have PR people who tip off where they are going clubbing, what shops they are going to etc etc.

Blog Entries

"I know my son has had a drug problem ever since he was 20 and moved down to London. I needed to know about Amy's problems and we had a chat - just the two of us. She told me she was addicted to heroin and cocaine."
    Similar story in the Mail:
    'I'm proud Amy told me she is a heroin addict', says Winehouse's mother-in-law | the Daily Mail

In fact, it looks like it's a press release - which, ironically, supports woodface's views on this being largely a publicity-led exercise.

Winehouse probably is on drugs, of course - there are some pretty-incontrovertible facts supporting it - but there's a good chance the story is being milked for publicity by her agents.

Oh well.... at least she doesn't do drugs/hard drugs then
    We'll just have to add it to the list of Authoritatively Posts From Woodface...

A year or so ago Amy Winehouse was clean of drugs, she drank like a fish but did not take any form of illegal drug.

That is what I stated! Re-read for yourself if your not sure. Just been another case of twist the words.
    From your first post on this thread:

Amy Winehouse house has never done drugs, that can be compleatly ruled out.
    I don't think it is DJ who is twisting things...

Blog Entries

Moi?

Possibly true, but so what?

It's a Class C drug (or possibly class B depending on when she took it) - so it was still illegal, but classed as less dangerous than Class A. There's no "soft drug" classification.

No, actually, you said:
    Amy Winehouse house has never done drugs, that can be compleatly ruled out.
    Which seemed pretty definitive to me...

You then said:
    She used to do drugs awhile back.

Back to black is her second album. She was dropped by her record company after the first. Back during that period she did dabble with weed and coke but it was very little amounts (not that that is justification, just stating she was not on alot of it).
    And you then said:
    By never done drugs, that was ment in a never done drugs in a hard way.
    Can you see why we're a little confused as to what you mean?

I My other point I was making is that I personally take reports in the paper written by someone who was not there using fact from scources who are not named, with a pinch of salt.
    Absolutely - which is why I only quoted named sources.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

And then said it sound like a press release.

At the end of the day DJ, if people want to belive what the red tops say about people then so be it. There a few people with more inteligance than to belive what they say.

Im sure Amy has bigger issues at the moment than what a few people who have a hobby of dancing think about her.

Not going to bother posting on this any more as pointless. I know what I said and ment. If you want to interpret it in your own special way then feel free to.

Blog Entries

You have way too much time on your hands, David

Anyway, my personal opinion on the "news-management" side of things is this:
    1. The original story as broken by the Sun last week was not controlled - it was a "real" story. I doubt that her agent knew anything about it by that point.
    2. Some of the subsequent stories over the following days were also "real" - e.g. the cancellations of gigs - but some were more froth and an element of spin started to
    3. Most of the stories from the latter end of the week were "controlled" - basically, spin-doctored press releases designed to manage the story and keep her profile high. So, for example, there are less gig-cancellation stories, and more "My battle with my drugs demons" stories.
    4. I next expect - after a brief PR-driven stay at a rehab clinic - to see a series of sympathetic confessional-related stories, "Our love kept us together", blah blah blah - ala Kate Moss or Hugh Grant.
    5. Finally, her profile will be permanently higher, and her career will be better, because of good news management.

That's how I understand these things to work.

And I suspect, on this area, from what he's said, I and woodface are as one.

And I suspect, on this area, from what he's said, I and woodface are as one.
    That's a very scary thought DJ...

(I'm very very bored today... )

Let's hope she kicks the habit and your prediction comes true though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Let's hope she kicks the habit and your prediction comes true though.
    Oh, I don't think she'll kick the habit - where'd I say that?

(I doubt Kate Moss has kicked it, for that matter - she's just very discreet about it now, I imagine.)

I'm just talking about the news management - this now has less and less relationship to the actual truth.

But, the interesting part of this saga is that the Sun was 100% correct, spot-on, with their original story - pretty much in every component. Which is something to bear in mind next time.

Oh, I don't think she'll kick the habit - where'd I say that?
    No, that's true you didn't. Still hope she does though, or at least gets to manage it and stop being so self destructive. Wonder if the marriage will survive though.

Blog Entries

That's sad... totally self-destructive behaviour but she's not going to get any better until she recognises HERSELF that there's a problem

Thread Information