Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Severe exhaustion"

Re: "Severe exhaustion"

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    Amy Winehouse house has never done drugs, that can be compleatly ruled out.............
    She used to do drugs awhile back....................
    whooops

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    Now students, we come to the section of the ward for patients suffering from "severe exhaustion". This condition is virtually unkown amongst the general population, no matter how hard they work and how little sleep they get.
    Though it does tend to afflict dancers on workdays immediately following {insert weekender of choice}.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

By never done drugs, that was ment in a never done drugs in a hard way.

DJ, yes she might have been drunk, it's possible.

Im sure backing singers office workers etc do suffer from exhaustion, but they just dont make front pages when they do !!!

Backing dancers do norm get rotated. They would at least get replaced if tired. Your star can't just be replaced.

The times is just as bad as the Sun. Most news papers are as bad as each other, just some user bigger words to make them appeal more to a different class of person. They both reported the story of a great white off cornwall. The story turned out to be a hoax. Just because it's not in a red top, doesn't mean it's true!!.

I would be very very very shocked if it did turn out to be a drugs problem with her.

If it had been Pete Doherty then maybe I would have thought it, but not her.

Altogether class, what is the first rule of holes?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Altogether class, what is the first rule of holes?
    You know what I mean. Maybe you dont. Maybe you have been sheltered from all of that.

There are different levels of drug taking. Injecting Heroine is compleatly different to smoking week (which is legal in many countries) which again is compleatly different to drinking Caffine which is again a drug, just a legal one.

Nowdays smoking pot is not classed as doing drugs. Doing drugs is taking class A's. Maybe I should have made that clear, but hey ho, point remains...

Papers are quite happy to tarnish someone just to carry a story. People are just as happy to read it and belive it. I take everything written in the paper with a pinch of salt no matter what the paper is.

You know what I mean. Maybe you dont. Maybe you have been sheltered from all of that.

There are different levels of drug taking. Injecting Heroine is compleatly different to smoking week (which is legal in many countries) which again is compleatly different to drinking Caffine which is again a drug, just a legal one.

Nowdays smoking pot is not classed as doing drugs. Doing drugs is taking class A's. Maybe I should have made that clear, but hey ho, point remains...
    I think you’ll find that pot is still an illegal drug in the UK, just one that they’ve eased up on for now, though I think that's under review because of the damage it does. And apart from the Netherlands, is it really legal in many other countries? So whilst certain parts of our society might regard it as ok and not “doing drugs”, technically it still is, if you class doing drugs as taking illegal substances (of course there are plenty of legal prescription drugs that can have a devastating effect too). Clearly you have your own set of definitions – useful to share them when you’re making such strong statements.

Papers are quite happy to tarnish someone just to carry a story. People are just as happy to read it and belive it. I take everything written in the paper with a pinch of salt no matter what the paper is.

So where do you get your information from?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I think you’ll find that pot is still an illegal drug in the UK, just one that they’ve eased up on for now, though I think that's under review because of the damage it does. And apart from the Netherlands, is it really legal in many other countries? So whilst certain parts of our society might regard it as ok and not “doing drugs”, technically it still is, if you class doing drugs as taking illegal substances (of course there are plenty of legal prescription drugs that can have a devastating effect too). Clearly you have your own set of definitions – useful to share them when you’re making such strong statements.
    Just to Make It clear I never have and never will take any drugs no mater how hard or not they are including pot. Personally I think pot will become legalised within a few years. they just have to work out a way to tax it.

So where do you get your information from?
    The Internet. Are we talking my information about Amy Winehouse or information about news in general?

Just to Make It clear I never have and never will take any drugs no mater how hard or not they are including pot. Personally I think pot will become legalised within a few years. they just have to work out a way to tax it.

The Internet. Are we talking my information about Amy Winehouse or information about news in general?
    Well you seemed pretty adamant about her non-drug taking... wondered if you had the inside track or something

So why do you rate the internet as a better news source than the press?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Well you seemed pretty adamant about her non-drug taking... wondered if you had the inside track or something

So why do you rate the internet as a better news source than the press?
    As I said before I have met her a few times, and not just in passing.

The internet thing was a joke. I don't rate the net as any more a reliable scource than papers.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Which countries is "weed" legal in then ? Any western ones ?

"Injecting" may be different, but they are all still drugs regardless of method used. It wasn't that long ago that Heroine was legal too. (Opium dens were 19th century Starbucks ) We can take "doing drugs" as anything that as harmful in large doses whether legal or not. So whilst coffee is generally not "doing drugs", because it doesn't have any worse symptoms than a lot of other drinks, we could suggest that your "Nowdays smoking pot is not classed as doing drugs." statement as a pile of fetid monkey poos.

Smoking is harder to pigeon hole i think because its more a "cocktail of drugs" nowadays.

And apart from the Netherlands, is it really legal in many other countries?
    A common misconception - its illegal in the Netherlands too, just because some coffee shops are exempt doesn't stop it being illegal everywhere else.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post

A common misconception - its illegal in the Netherlands too, just because some coffee shops are exempt doesn't stop it being illegal everywhere else.
    To be honest, drugs is not something I know alot about and im happy with that.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Errr, OK then - I must have missed the "in a hard way" bit, presumably that was obvious... Bearing in mind that I'm an old fogey, and don't know all this funky street stuff, what does "in a hard way" actually mean, then?

Im sure backing singers office workers etc do suffer from exhaustion, but they just dont make front pages when they do !!!
    I don't actually know anyone who's ever gone into hospital from exhaustion. They tend to, well, sleep or something when they get tired. Funny, I know, maybe I just hang out with weirdos or something.

Backing dancers do norm get rotated.
    Possibly some do, but most don't AFAIK. Do you have any links to information on this?

They would at least get replaced if tired. Your star can't just be replaced.
    Fair enough. But you're still trying to have it both ways:
    - "She doesn't do drugs (in a hard way)"
    - "It's excusable if she does do drugs, it's a high-pressure world"

You can't have both, obviously, so which one do you want?

The times is just as bad as the Sun.
    Well, she was admitted to hospital, then discharged. You don't really think she was tired, do you? Obviously she was on something, we're just quibbling over which particular substance she's abused as far as I can tell.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post

Well, she was admitted to hospital, then discharged. You don't really think she was tired, do you? Obviously she was on something, we're just quibbling over which particular substance she's abused as far as I can tell.

No, my argument is no illigal substance was used. Obviously, I don't know this, and nor does anyone but a select few who know the truth.

I used to work in London travelling from Hastings. I would get up at 4am get the 5:15 train to get to work for 7 AM. do two hours overtime work untill 7 doing a further 3 1/2 hours overtime then get the train back. I would get in at 10 PM ish. Have dinner and go to bed. The job itself was stressfull too dealing with insurance claims.

I done this for two years. One day I developed a cough, it got worse untill I coughed and found I couldn't breath. It was as if someone had their hands around my neck. It lasted about 10 seconds. I went straight to the doctors and had hospital test done.

It turned out that stomach acid was attacking the wind pipes causing them to close when I coughed, sneezed, breathed heavy etc.

It got the point I would pass out and the wind pipes would relax enabling me to breath.

What caused the stomach acid to do this? Stress and Exhaustion accourding to the doctor.

So there you go, you now know someone that has been admitted to hospital with stress and exhaustion.

I still suffer from it when I get stressed.
    Last edited by Lee Bartholomew; 9th-August-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Errr, OK then - I must have missed the "in a hard way" bit, presumably that was obvious... Bearing in mind that I'm an old fogey, and don't know all this funky street stuff, what does "in a hard way" actually mean, then?
    Maybe you have to snort it off the saddle of a speeding motorbike, while blindfolded and wearing a straitjacket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Maybe you have to snort it off the saddle of a speeding motorbike, while blindfolded and wearing a straitjacket.
    Now that is hard.

So, according to the Evil Untrustworthy Sun, she got an adrenaline shot and stomach pump (which must have been fun ).

Anyway, despit having seen Pulp Fiction, twice, I am no authority on drug-taking and treatment*, but I assume you don't get an adrenaline shot for being seriously drunk - although of course a stomach pump might be needed?

* anyone with any actual medical knowledge, feel free to step in here, of course.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

One of my points is, how would the Sun know this? The doctors would not be able to disclose treatment and the sun doesn't have reporters there. My guess is it would have been a private room so no other patients would have seen either.

Pure guess work and speculation for the muppets that read the sun (or belive every word of any paper for that matter)

Blog Entries

One of my points is, how would the Sun know this?
    How do newspapers know anything? Obviously, one of the hospital staff told them.

Pure guess work and speculation for the muppets that read the sun (or belive every word of any paper for that matter)
    If the Sun were factually incorrect, and were shown to have just "made it up", they could be sued for libel. So I'm guessing they made at least some attempt to source the factual parts of their reports.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

How do newspapers know anything? Obviously, one of the hospital staff told them.
    in reality it was prob one of her managment seizing an opertunity to keep her on the front pages.

If the Sun were factually incorrect, and were shown to have just "made it up", they could be sued for libel. So I'm guessing they made at least some attempt to source the factual parts of their reports.
    Not as easy as that though is it? Guess someone who has more knowledge of that could give you more info, but would it really supprise you if the Suns 'sources' were sometimes 'factually incorect'?

Blog Entries

in reality it was prob one of her managment seizing an opertunity to keep her on the front pages.
    Yeah, that's also possible.

Not as easy as that though is it? Guess someone who has more knowledge of that could give you more info, but would it really supprise you if the Suns 'sources' were sometimes 'factually incorect'?
    Nope - but they must have sourced it from somewhere.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Nope - but they must have sourced it from somewhere.
    Again, possibley her managment. Makes a good story. I have been listening to the radio all day whilst working and it has been top story . You can't buy publicity like that can you.

It has at a guess only made top news as they are questioning if it is drugs.

Take it from me, Amy Winehouse is not a drug user.

Thread Information