Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promoting Ceroc

Promoting Ceroc

Any ideas for cost effective ways for promoting the Ceroc Brand?

Can be as humerous and off-the-wall as you like. (like I need to say that on this forum).

Starter for one:-
    someone touring Britain on a Tricycle visiting every Ceroc venue, possibly linked to collecting money for charity. Perhaps does not move onto next venue until has raised X amount. Perhaps X could increase as the ride goes on. Possibly a health charity. British Heart Foundation? They have a network of charity shops, perhaps visit every one of those too. Link good cause with good fun. Website? Blog? Video diary on Youtube? National newspaper diary?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Promoting Ceroc

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    Any ideas for cost effective ways for promoting the Ceroc Brand?
    Err... Why?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

can't we promote the Smurf brand ? They're not as popular as they used to be , yet they're still everyones favourite litle blue pixies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    can't we promote the Smurf brand ? They're not as popular as they used to be , yet they're still everyones favourite litle blue pixies
    I think Paramount will be doing your job for you, very soon now...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Err... Why?
    I thought it would be obvious ?

There hasnt been any interesting twadle discussed on this forum for a while

what about I put myself forward as 'gone missing'. Say left unattended in a loo at a ceroc event

The worlds press will soon be at the door ie how can you leave stewart38 unattended etc etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I thought it would be obvious ?

There hasnt been any interesting twadle discussed on this forum for a while
    Sorry, I've been on holiday.

what about I put myself forward as 'gone missing'. Say left unattended in a loo at a ceroc event

The worlds press will soon be at the door ie how can you leave stewart38 unattended etc etc
    You're evil

Lightbulb Re: Promoting Ceroc

Dancing taxis!

Isn't that from the Transformer's movie?

Err... Why?
    For me, why? is to try and get more of our youth out of pubs and indulging in a healthy fun activity. If its gets more of the couch potatoes away from their TV's and games machines that is good too.

This thread is because I think MJ in general could be better at promoting itself, and Ceroc should be the market leader in this.

I have not been impressed by Cerocs promotional material that I have seen. Most of the posters I have seen lack impact and readability, a glossy pic that most would not relate to, and text to small to read from distance. My PR guy told me to learn from the newspaper front pages. They have been competing on newstands for centuries.

"Like Salsa" ? If you don't want Salsa you will not come; if you do want Salsa you will probably go away disappointed.

The posts in " The road to Ceroc" thread contain far better marketing messages than anything I have seen from HQ.

Now I enjoy giving something back to the new people who start dancing because Ceroc has changed my life for the better.
    --------------------
    We orriginally started Ceroc as an alternative first dance on our wedding day. Now we are regularly seen 100 plus miles from home at freestyles.
    ------------------
    I've been dancing since April 1999. I'd never done any dancing before that at all. Ever.
    --------------------
    I did line dancing for 5 years but unfortunately my classes stopped so i was promptly dragged down to Ceroc by my teacher, Elaine.
    I got completely hooked after my 2nd class...
    -----------------
    I didn't know until I started to dance it was possible to have so much fun sober
    -----------------
    I have been dancing for about a year. I think Ceroc has made a huge impact on my life and never thought I could ever enjoy dancing as much as I do now. I would love to dance every night of the week if I could.
    --------------------
    Got into dancing by a friend at work. They dragged me along and ive never looked back since. I am so pleased to have done so. I have met the nicest people ever while dancing.
    ighton on a Monday. I was hooked...
    -----------
    Hi im Jill, started dancing ceroc 7 months ago ... I saw it advertised in the local paper, decided to try it and now im hooked.
    ----------
    My wife and I joined in Sept last year after attending a wedding and seeing my best friends daughter and partner dancing.
    We are loving it and wish we had found it sooner
    -------------
    I only got into ceroc because my sister ... has been dancing for a while and was nagging me continuously about it, so I said I'd try it to shut her up and now I'm hooked!!
    -----------
    I have been Cerocing for two years and really am loving it. Wish I had found Ceroc years ago as it has brought me back into "having a fun time".
    --------------
    My friend Denise saw a busk and that's what got us both going along.I don't think I've smiled so much before Ceroc came into my life.
    ------------
    I'm not sure why I started Ceroc, I guess it was because I can't dance at all so I decided to do something about it, and now I have .
    ---------------
    I Was told to go to ceroc by my boyfriend... He'd seen ceroc busks, and thought it looked perfect for me. He was right!
    ---------------
    Got introduced to Ceroc by the guys at Salsa and was hooked after the first night, so Salsa eventually got the old heave-ho!
    --------------
    The Ceroc teaching system ... was a revelation. Good class organisation, with limited but achievable goals clearly & systematically explained. I realised that as long as I persisted, there was no reason why I couldn't learn to do this properly which I had not felt at other partner dance classes I'd attended.
    ------------------
    I've never done any dancing before, I was surprised how much i enjoyed it. Everyone was so friendly, I can't wait to go back next week.
    ----------------------
    I Was taken along by girlfriend who has been cerocing for 2 - 3 years. I wanted to go home after 20 minutes of my first beginners class as I felt so inept. Thankfully I stuck with it and now enjoy it hugely.
    -----------------
    got introduced to it by my very good friend Victoria, who told me it would be a fun and exciting way to lose weight and boy, was she right!!
    ----------------
    I have danced all over the country and met so many fab people.
    -------------------
    I started dancing just over 18 months ago and have never looked back to those "pre-dancing" days.
    ----------------
    I found Ceroc just under a year ago while searching for a local Salsa class. The intention was to get some exercise without the boredom of the dreaded treadmill. But I found Ceroc and at the first class I was hooked.
    ----------------
    I have discovered ceroc ... quite late in life having never done any sort of dancing before and I am absolutely loving it. Not being a natural dancer I struggle a bit at times but I always aim to enjoy myself.
    ---------------
    Love Ceroc as it gives me and my girlie friends time to have fun, get fit and ogle lovely dancing men.

Blog Entries

For me, why? is to try and get more of our youth out of pubs and indulging in a healthy fun activity. If its gets more of the couch potatoes away from their TV's and games machines that is good too.
    Yeah, but that's "promoting Modern Jive" innit? You were asking specifically about promoting the Ceroc brand?

I have not been impressed by Cerocs promotional material that I have seen. Most of the posters I have seen lack impact and readability, a glossy pic that most would not relate to, and text to small to read from distance.
    Well, I dunno. Most dance material is pretty useless really - the only decent marketing material I've seen recently is from Jive Nation; they at least have a clear stratgey and target market.

Ceroc's stuff seems to suit it well enough, however. :shrug:

This thread is because I think MJ in general could be better at promoting itself, and Ceroc should be the market leader in this.

I have not been impressed by Cerocs promotional material that I have seen. Most of the posters I have seen lack impact and readability, a glossy pic that most would not relate to, and text to small to read from distance. My PR guy told me to learn from the newspaper front pages. They have been competing on newstands for centuries.

"Like Salsa" ? If you don't want Salsa you will not come; if you do want Salsa you will probably go away disappointed.

The posts in " The road to Ceroc" thread contain far better marketing messages than anything I have seen from HQ.
    I think the last thing ceroc want to do is promote 'ceroc' as a kind of Jive dance

I would assume (from whats happening with 'ceroc' last few years) that there trying to establish 'ceroc' as a brand with all the 'other' stuff going out from there

Maybe like Virgin that was only know for planes then trains now other 'stuff'

5yrs ago if you said ceroc were promoting WCS you would have thought 'what'

5yrs time 'promoting' ceroc will be some health kick connecting it health clubs

Yeah, but that's "promoting Modern Jive" innit? You were asking specifically about promoting the Ceroc brand?

Well, I dunno. Most dance material is pretty useless really - the only decent marketing material I've seen recently is from Jive Nation; they at least have a clear stratgey and target market.

Ceroc's stuff seems to suit it well enough, however. :shrug:

Yeh,

feed back re jive nation ,where the pics

--------------------------------

Zulu's is jive nation and was brilliant.About 250 people in the end. Lots of young girlies in bikini's playing volleyball. . . And I swear I'm not winding you up either!! You'll have to have a look at the web as I'm sure that there will be lots of photo's being put up.
    The next one is Sunday 26th, Bank holiday weekend. Money well spent. BARGAIN !!
    ------------------------------------

Commercial Operator

I think Ceroc do a fabulous job of promotion.

However, until they start paying me for constructive feedback, I will not comment on their product delivery*.

* see below

How about movie tie-in. Say a romantic comedy that features some Ceroc dancing. Well it seems they already thought of that one. See news story here
    Stars On Location In The Name Of Love (from Your Local Guardian)
    and see trailer here
    which has a brief snipit of MJ in it. I think the movie has just premiered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    How about movie tie-in. Say a romantic comedy that features some Ceroc dancing. Well it seems they already thought of that one. See news story here
    Stars On Location In The Name Of Love (from Your Local Guardian)
    and see trailer here
    which has a brief snipit of MJ in it. I think the movie has just premiered.

This is the sort of PR I had in mind, and this has given me much more hope.

I think the last thing ceroc want to do is promote 'ceroc' as a kind of Jive dance

I would assume (from whats happening with 'ceroc' last few years) that there trying to establish 'ceroc' as a brand with all the 'other' stuff going out from there

Maybe like Virgin that was only know for planes then trains now other 'stuff'

5yrs ago if you said ceroc were promoting WCS you would have thought 'what' ...
    What I would hope for is to be able to ask a random sample of people what Ceroc is and have over 25% of them answer that it is some sort of dance or something to do with dance. I want dancers to hear or see Ceroc and pay attention, because there may be something happening that is of interest to them. One of our latest members, a long time ballroom dancer, only first heard of Ceroc a few weeks ago.

5 years ago I was saying that Ceroc might be the best way of getting people into WCS, and I would still unashamedly classify WCS as a sort of Jive dance.

One thing I have thought about a few times over the last year, is a Ceroc TV Channel.

With the fragmentation of TV into smaller and smaller niches it becomes obvious.

Ok - it could be delivered over the web - whatever. The idea is to bring it out into the open.

(Waits for the black hat thinking of the Ceroc forum to descend....).

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    One thing I have thought about a few times over the last year, is a Ceroc TV Channel.

With the fragmentation of TV into smaller and smaller niches it becomes obvious.

Ok - it could be delivered over the web - whatever. The idea is to bring it out into the open...
    I had already posted the idea of selling beginner workshop tickets on a shopping channel, selling to the older mums as a present for their kids of courting or marrying age. e.g. babysit the grandkids and give the young couple something that they can do together. I have also mentioned that CurrentV look for featurettes on contemporary subjects, and there are loads of possibilities for short films there. The champs should be good TV.

Lightbulb Re: Promoting Ceroc

Dancing smurfs!

… on MJTV Blue …

5 years ago I was saying that Ceroc might be the best way of getting people into WCS
    Seems to me like West Coast is the best way of getting people into West Coast.

Thread Information