View Poll Results: I'm going to

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fri 10 - Utopia @ Twickenham

19 31.15%
  • Fri 10 - Utopia @ Derby

6 9.84%
  • Sat 11 - Twford Summer Ball (plus DWAS)

18 29.51%
  • Sat 11 - Chiswick

4 6.56%
  • Sun 12 - Bisley WCS

12 19.67%
  • Sun 12 - Funky Lush

3 4.92%
  • Other dancing - see below

12 19.67%
  • Float someone's boat

6 9.84%
  • Sunday 12 - Tango Al Fresco baby

3 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who's attending what weekend 10 / 11 / 12 August 2007

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Who's attending what weekend 10 / 11 / 12 August 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    If only they would get some security and have the door open. Or is it the noise which would escape?
    It's the noise, apparently - which is fair enough I guess, it's a residential area.

Although if you can afford to live in that part of Chiswick, you can probably afford to install soundproofing

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    It's the noise, apparently - which is fair enough I guess, it's a residential area.

Although if you can afford to live in that part of Chiswick, you can probably afford to install soundproofing
    I've begged off. It's just too hot a day for Chiswick.

These people who buy properties near Town Halls, then complain really annoy me.

Moonglow is the same. How long has the Moonglow being operating - why buy a house next door? To get it cheaper and then complain under the new laws?

Ditto Putney.

I noticed Ealing Town Hall had all their windows closed on Tuesday night and on the Hipster Friday nights. They never used to.

Moonglow is the same. How long has the Moonglow being operating - why buy a house next door? To get it cheaper and then complain under the new laws?

Ditto Putney.

I noticed Ealing Town Hall had all their windows closed on Tuesday night and on the Hipster Friday nights. They never used to.
    I remember there being a problem a couple of years ago with the Hipsters new year eve dance about the residents around there complaining about
    the noise also they had started to close the windows on tuesdays nights about that time. I went to Chelmsford tonight, still very hot even with two doors wide open and some fans.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was, indeed, like a sauna in the Blues Room.

Having said that, the floor there was much better than the Sticky Zone which was the main room

Well, it's not like buying a house next to a nightclub is it? Probably "loud music" isn't really the first thing you associate with town halls.

Belfast freestyle was great fun. Lots of people had made a real effort with the beach theme for their outfits, the hall looked great with all the decorations and the floor was busy all night. I had a really fab evening.

... These people who buy properties near Town Halls, then complain really annoy me...
    It may not be the near neighbours complaining. At certain times of the year it is very likely that there will be thermal inversions near ground level. These produce a layer in the atmosphere that reflect the sound downwards, so that it actually sounds just as loud some distance away as it does next door. If the authorities get complaints about the noise from 3-400 yards away then they have got to take it seriously.

Putney is not on Saturday is it?
    Do you mean the new Sunday nights at Putney starting on the 12th?
    Are you going?
    Yes, I mean tonight, Sunday night. I know it's not a proper freestyle, but it was far too hot for me to contemplate Chiswick last night. Thought I'd see what the new Putney night was like instead, depending on how my afternoon pans out anyway.

Friday Utopia

Fab, Fab, Fab as usual

You are just spoiled for choice of good quality men dancers, and at the end of the night realise there are still loads you didn't dance with.

The music was the bes as perrrrrr

Twyford Saturday.

It was the first time I had spent the whole night there, the only other time was some months ago when I went with OXO'S and I left a 9.30 to meet friends at Hammersmith.

I was greeted by Bill and Bex and made to feel very welcome.

Annette was setting up the daces, and went on to play a 'blinder' ABFAB

Toby's music isn't allways to my taste, but last night I loved it, I was in the zone.

Well done to Happy B and Phil for winning DWAS

Well done to Gladrags and partner? on second place

Well done to Lorry and C Red for third place

Simon R and Nicole 'show case' was lovely, very smooth and you both looked as if your really enjoyed it, see you at BB brake a leg.

I had some fab dances Chris A, Simon R, Stu, Bill, Phil,Mac, Silver Fox, yes that was Silver Fox sooo many I will have forgotten loads.

A massive thank you to Gerry for the truly lovely dances and wonderful company.

Utopia in Twickenham was superb. Our first experience of dancing in the south, and hopefully the first of many. A lovely welcome from Val, who was a little bit suprised to see two highlanders in London!

The quality of dancers was incredible, but in an inspiring rather than intimidating way. Seeing Simon and Nicole, Paul F, Russell & Elaine, David and Lily, Dave & Val, Silverfox and many other superb dancers in one room was quite amazing. The heat was getting to us a bit (mind you it was actually hotter outside than it was inside...), so we spent lots of time just watching everyone dance but we also had some great dances, especially Fi who was swooning after her dance with Simon!

Great music as expected, especially the final three, and a really nice venue made for a fab night out. Thanks all very much and see you again soon...

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackisleboy View Post
    Utopia in Twickenham was superb. Our first experience of dancing in the south, and hopefully the first of many. A lovely welcome from Val, who was a little bit suprised to see two highlanders in London!
    I hope you both distributed all of my hugs, as instructed

Glad you had a great night
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    I'm sure you would have sent one for me but I didn't get it
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I'm sure you would have sent one for me but I didn't get it
    I'm sure I sent you at least two
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    No jive dancing for me this past weekend so looking forward to a busy one this weekend
    This weekend certainly lived up to expectations - feet are aching this morning Good to see Caro (in non man smashing mood) and Jennifer down from Scotland and I also got to dance with most of my favourites

Utopia was a good night, gender balance seemed right. I enjoyed the music more than a couple of recent ones too.

Twyford summer ball was an excellent night - started off very busy on the floor and music not to my personal taste but they need to cater for lots of different tastes there. The floor thinned later, the music improved and the extra hour of freestyle was appreciated. Very funny that Sparkles drove Alice and myself to the event, Alice and I got drawn together in Lucky Dip and then in the final the leaders had to move on and Sparkles got paired with Alice! We didn't foresee that en route. I made the mistake of standing next to Phil Webb on the floor during this - I felt like someone on a Skegness donkey who finds themselves lining up for the Grand National

Rounded off the dancing with Bisley yesterday - lots of new faces and plenty of social time. Some of what I was trying worked, some didn't but unless you're putting the dancefloor miles on the clock you're never going to get there. A line dance class made for a nice variation too. I really enjoy Paul's line dancing classes....until the music goes even moderately fast at which point I am tripping over my feet Still, is all good and have been volunteered for the Jack and Jill at the Isleworth party on Friday - no pressure

Glitter Queen

This weekend certainly lived up to expectations
    - I feel like I have re-discovered my dancing mojo

Good to see Caro and Jennifer down from Scotland
    - I hope the cake lived up to your expectations?

Utopia was a good night, gender balance seemed right. I enjoyed the music more than a couple of recent ones too.

Utopia was fantastic. I had a superb night, even though I had had a rotten day at work and really didn't feel like going dancing when I set out. The atmosphere, the music, the dances and the friends made it one of the best nights I've had in ages. Lovely dances with Rocky and David B plus all the usual suspects, and I only led about 3 times all night which meant I really got into the zone with my following.
    It was a shame I got flashed by a speed camera on the way home, but hey ho, you can't win 'em all .

Twyford summer ball was an excellent night
    It was brilliant - BillCo and Bex did themselves proud .
    It was very busy at the start of the night. I entered the Lucky Dip as a lead (something I've never done before) and had a lovely lady (sorry I've forgotten her name ) in the first round. Then to get Alice in the final was such a treat - we hammed it up to Touch and Go and Candyman , what a laugh!
    Toby's music was really good, but by the end of the night my feet had all but given up on me.
    Lovely to see Debster and meet her man (what a great dancer he is too).
    Dance styles a-plenty, I had some cha cha chas and a salsa at one point, as well as some blues and MJ.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Went to Funky Lush. Great music. Took awhile to get going though. Got there at 4 and there was only 6 odd people there .

Was still quiet by the end but more people arrived taking the number to around 20. Real shame. Guess it was because of the Bisley WCS clash.

Was still worth going though.

Had a brilliant weekend down in London. Utopia was a great start with some lovely dances, a good variety of music and delicious cake - thanks Sparkles Good to catch up with so many people that I hadn't seen for a while. Windsor and Bisley were as fab as ever - some really dances. If only I could get a pay rise and come down more often

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Had a brilliant weekend down in London. Utopia was a great start with some lovely dances, a good variety of music and delicious cake - thanks Sparkles Good to catch up with so many people that I hadn't seen for a while. Windsor and Bisley were as fab as ever - some really dances. If only I could get a pay rise and come down more often

I had a great weekend - what a brilliant way to ease the post event blues after Sea Sun and Swing in France.

I enjoyed Utopia friday night, good music eventhough I'm not too keen on the latin stuff, there was still plenty of stuff suitable for wcs. Not enough really chilled blues I thought but hey I'll never have enough of that. Some great dances too with my fav leads plus some new discoveries
    The only issue with Utopia for me was that for the first time in my life I found the floor extremely HARD. And I've danced on tiles for 4 days in a row (I guess the slippyness made up for it in that case), never even thought such a thing. At the end of the night, not only the balls of my feet were aching badly (they don't normally after only one night of dancing), but my knees started to be sore too . Not great.

Windsor was great on saturday night, I was afraid there might not be too many peeps because of twyford but I was wrong!

Bisley on sunday was good fun, great to see some new peeps trying WCS as well as the more regular faces. Special to Robd who in addition to being one of my fav MJ leads, is also becoming one of my fav WCS leads. Also truly impressed with Jiveaddicted whom I would never I've guessed had never done this before!

Anyway - gutted to be back at work now, big thanks to MsFab and Paul F for putting me up and MsFab for the drive to the airport

And big thanks all for the dances !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    Also truly impressed with Jiveaddicted whom I would never I've guessed had never done this before
    I have unsuccessfully attempted a couple of beginners classes before but dont like the style of teaching so may have messed around and ignored the teacher then just dropped out!!

Was not even tempted to yesterday tho loved the teaching loved the dancers even if i did just do continuous sugar pushes!!

Extremly gutted not to have done the line dancing tho :-( but mayby next time :-)

M

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post

Glad you had a great night
    We did our best, but in our heat exhausted state missed lots of people. Anyone who comes to Inverness is guaranteed free hugs from the both of us! We were keeping an eye out for bandanas and zebra stripes but without luck unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by blackisleboy View Post
    We did our best, but in our heat exhausted state missed lots of people.
    Not to worry, just means I've got loads more hugs to give/collect when I catch up with them all

Thread Information