Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caravan Holidays

Re: Caravan Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    HI Trouble, I went to Clacton last weekend static carvan to Park Resorts Martello Beach, and it was right on the beach. After what happened Friday we took all our wet weather gear and guess what, Brilliant sun shine Saturday & Sunday so we got a sun tan. But 300m in land it was cloudy!! and rainy!! I rem'd you pop along to Weywick, on coast from Clacton turn right, 10 mins and see the amazing beach chalets, Then go along to Walton On the Naze and see the amazing Beach huts cut in the hill sides. I tell you the whole coast line area 100% is under rated. Then don't forget tea and scones on end of Clacton pier, or perhaps some Bungy, Rides on pier are fun too!

as for our caravan there was 3 of us, we were upgraded to GOLD premier, with 6 beds, 3 bedrooms, huge bathroom , kitchen, huge lounge PLUS central heating because it was COLD friday night! The site has an excellent club house and we were entertained by a BEE Gees tribute band- really good suprised to say. What was nice, NO SMOKE CLOUDS in venue!! Swimming pools were brand new, see has not warmed up yet!! Ive been to many sites around UK, Love the IOW and rc'md value for money!!

Strange we saw photos of the site in 1987, month of the Hurricane. and the site was under water, up to roof lines, so every sympathy for those suffering from floods at present!

Re American caravans, ie The Bullett, this was too big for our roads and a company under licence is a making reduced size ones for our Roads.

Enjoy you weekend let us know the site name as fancy the 200m shute!!
    The area you describe is the area I gre up in from age 8 til 16 (when I joined the Army)

needless to say we were never bored as kids, but all the time I lved there I never once went to see the dolphines that were on Clacton pier at the time!

When I came home from leave The site you are talking about was my stomping ground! (that and others in the area) As well as Butlins that was there then too!! Needless to say i was never bored then either!!
    (well except in winter!)

My mum still lives in Clacton. Near the three jays pub (thats a nice pub too)

Im going back there on Saturday for Family BBQ

i used to stay at my nan's in clacton all the time, (Mac's mum) I used to stay with my older cousin and we'd go down to the beach and the pier which hasnt really changed except the terminators gone and so has the originial twister but there's still seaworld (a rip off) and magic city which i used to adore! Oh the good old days hehehe :P:P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    The area you describe is the area I gre up in from age 8 til 16 (when I joined the Army)

needless to say we were never bored as kids, but all the time I lved there I never once went to see the dolphines that were on Clacton pier at the time!

When I came home from leave The site you are talking about was my stomping ground! (that and others in the area) As well as Butlins that was there then too!! Needless to say i was never bored then either!!
    (well except in winter!)

My mum still lives in Clacton. Near the three jays pub (thats a nice pub too)

Im going back there on Saturday for Family BBQ
    Our parents live in Clacton too, we know it quite well but whole family going down and as they have small barbecue and we have 7 kids between us we decided to go to the caravan site. We might see you there Mac. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    the pier which hasnt really changed except the terminators gone
    Hasta la vista, baby ...

Blog Entries

Well i arrived back home yesterday evening from my weekend at Sunny Clacton for the kids to have fun and for me to survive a weekend in hill billie land.

Well, i must say, the caravan was bronze in status but was dry, clean and totally acceptable. Much better than a previous caravan i stayed in that was supposed to be top of the range.

Shower was a little confusing, it only showered on the outside of the jet stream and not the middle so when i was showing the kids, i actually got wetter than they did. Mind you, me and sis did the conveyer belt method on Friday night, one in, chuck em out, next one in chuck em out. I washed, she dried.

Friday night, bingo.........didn't get a sniff of winning.

Saturday, ma and pa in afternoon.

Saturday night, me putting kids to bed as sis was in a coma in bed before i even stepped onto the steps up to the caravan.

Slept on sofa Saturday night.. (cant stand sisters snoring) rained all night, it was like having a cuckoo in my head all night.

Sunday, dying from tiredness but went to pier with kids, then back to mums and drove home.

200ft slide broken all weekend.

Must say tho, as painful as it was for me, and it was painful, my youngest enjoyed every minute of it as did my neice and nephews. We had a great time me and sis as usual and i would do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Saturday night, me putting kids to bed as sis was in a coma in bed before i even stepped onto the steps up to the caravan.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

On Friday night, I put the children to bed while Michele watched Big Brother...by put them to bed I mean read them all a story and give all four of them a bed time cuddle.

Anyway...Michele left on Sunday and Gav came over for the last day and night. Sorry sis, but Gav is a much better sleeping companion than you.

Me and Gav played bingo last night (well shameful) & we didn't win a bean. Oh well..can't be greedy I suppose, seeing as Gav has already won a £1,200 TV this week off of the radio.

Blog Entries

Oh what fun.......

3 of em are sis's one of em is mine.!!! Meaning out of 4 kids only one is mine, rest are sis's.........

can you guess who's is who.!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information