Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 weeks, 3 kids and no valium

Re: 6 weeks, 3 kids and no valium

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I've looked in to days out for the kids. ........
    flower:
    I'll send you the valium!!!

I have managed to get two mini breaks at hotels along with some local activities for me and my three with my Tesco vouchers

...... yeah I spend a lot at Tesco!!

Thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Get the ex to take them...cheaper for you and you get time to yourself.

Next!
    Sometimes, Barry, you can be about as useful as a cat flap in an elephant house.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Lettuce and radishes all grow within 3-6 weeks so you could plant some now and get your kids eating healthy stuff they grew themselves before the holiday is over!
    We are in the process of growing grass (the boring variety) and a sun flower that has been so successful it looks like a triphid. They love all that.

It's a pity I don't have children yet, cos I could 'play' for hours!
    I'll pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    I'll send you the valium!!!
    You're a life saver...can i have extra strength please

I have managed to get two mini breaks at hotels along with some local activities for me and my three with my Tesco vouchers

...... yeah I spend a lot at Tesco!!
    I noticed you get a lot more for your money if you exchange the vouchers for trips, etc. I'll look in to that next time my vouchers come through.

Lots of good ideas folks. One good thing about our local swimming pool is that they give free passes to all kids throughout the school holidays (if they have swimming lessons at the pool, which mine do, thank God), so we will be spending quite a few days in the pool having a splash about for free.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's a few ideas that wont break the bank!

Aldenham country park, with Mini Zoo and adventure play area = £4 per car load, take a picnic and wander round Winnie-the-pooh's 100acre wood!

Aldenham Country Park on AboutBritain.com

Meet Noddy at Knebworth house... also theres a brilliant adventure playground there, with a skateboard park and large slide (big enough for you too. weeeeee)

Noddy - Where to meet Noddy

Stanborough Lakes, has a great outdoor pool with huge Sand pits.. don't forget the buckets and spades! Take the first junction after the Hatfield Galleria coming from London) on the A1

Roller Skating
    Public Skating Sessions: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council

Oh yes, like someone else said, a tent in the garden used to keep my kids quiet for ages... strangely enough, they loved is most when it was raining.. it was more exciting!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    Teach them to dance?

and when you do, they spend hours practising there spinning in the conservator, trying to be Jamie

[B]

Thinking of you.
    I collect the voucers of Nescafe jars, I get my ladies to do the same, we get allsorts, including away day brakes and voucers for blokbusters, I have a card for 'Vue cinema' it give you half price entry for a year but my vue has changed to 'showcase' and I carn't use it now, if anyone wan't it PM me.

when the weather is nice we go to Cannock chase and do a walk it sign posted and you can choose how far you wan't to go, I take a small disposable BBQ and we have burgers and I take a large bottle of squash. I get the children do do the cooking (they love it) so fit, fun, almost free, cost's about £2.50 for all of us

I know this dosn't help when the weather bad.

The children are sorting the wardrobes out and we have been shopping for clothes for BB they have to work tonight

Sometimes, Barry, you can be about as useful as a cat flap in an elephant house.
    My best friend has an elephant that wears a flat cap...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

and when you do, they spend hours practising there spinning in the conservator, trying to be Jamie

:
    Trying to be Jamie, trying, trying, he is a little Jamie coming up the rear. I had some lovely dances with Joe on Saturday night, he is coming on leaps and bounds.

I dont find this very often Fletch and i hate cheesy comments to people but i must say, your kids are a credit to you. They are both absolutely lovely and its such a pleasure to find that these days.

Lovely seeing you all by the way

xxxxx xxxxxxx

Must second the lovely Troubles comments on Joe and Maddy.
    Absolutley smashing young adults, as they act and behave nothing like children..
    Always a pleasure to be around and to dance with.

A big RESPECT to you you Fletch

DTS Dave xxx xxx

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    and when you do, they spend hours practising there spinning in the conservator...
    Sorry Fletch, but a conservator? What is that, a really posh name for a walk-in fridge? You know "I keep my cigars in the thermidor and my Stilton in the conservator..."

DT - spotted on the way into work this morning that the V&A are advertising free events for kids over the summer. Can't see any special link on their website, but might be worth giving them a ring, particularly if your kids like making stuff.

I'd like to know what activities they have done so far this week......

Scale models of Noah's Ark out of matchsticks perhaps?

(Sorry I'll get my coat....)

Whitetiger

Well...Monday I spent the whole day painting my daughters room so we didn't go out anywhere, but we live in a close where the kids can run around with their friends safely, so I didn't feel too guilty. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I work, but my childminder does lots with them (so she sould for £300).

As for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I have just booked a mini break in Clacton for me, my sister and our kids. £144 for a caravan that sleeps 8. Not my idea of fun, but the kids will love it and it sorts them out for the whole weekend, plus Friday and monday & they get to see nanny & granddad who live near by.

See....I'm not such a bad mum you know.

See....I'm not such a bad mum you know.

Never said you weren't!

Is that £300 a week? If so, I'll gladly fly down for three days every week to entertain them...and you don't have to arrange an outing for Every Single Say, otherwise how will they remember anything as special?

Is that £300 a week?
    Yes it is - £3 per hour per child from 7am til 6pm for 3 days.

If so, I'll gladly fly down for three days every week to entertain them.
    Love you to, but I have to use a government registered child minder, otherwise I don't get any working families tax credit.

and you don't have to arrange an outing for Every Single Say, otherwise how will they remember anything as special?
    My kids know I don't have a money tree at the bottom of the garden. They are happy just to go for bike rides and a picnic.

I wish they would let all the kids play in their rooms 24/7 over summer holidays. whats wrong with 23 hrs on the internet ?

There every where , 'tourist kids' to on the under ground, just 'appear' 50 german students on mass getting on the tube

Is there a spray you can get ?

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

I've looked in to days out for the kids. I can forget Thorpe Park, Lego Land or Chessington World of Adventure...it's £200 minimum for me and 3 kids.

Does anyone know of any free days out or something a bit cheaper?
    Glad you started this thread as i was going to do the same i was also thinking of Thorpe park but HOW MUCH!!!! my daughter is 10 and is already bored with the local park, horses and walks with the dog all she wants to do is go to theme parks and cinemas, just glad my 14 year old has a new boyfriend to keep her entertained. Would be nice to have some money

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I loved the big London museum's as a kid. And the Natural History Museum is free, as is the Sciene Museum and the V&A. I used to absolutely love the dress collection there as a child, and I know from visiting with friends with children that they do special packs to help explore the museum free of charge - I think we did a treasure hunt type thing where you had find certain things in the museum.

Also, the transport shouldn't be too expensive- TFL say that kids under 11 travel free when accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket. So it's just buying sarnies to have a picnic in the park which is a short walk away (if the weather is halfway decent anyway).

Good luck!
    Also don't forget the British Museum. That used to be my favourite - especially the mummies.

I used to love days up in London as a kid, but then again the ride on the Underground was pretty fun anyway without the visits to the museums!! Don't bother with an expensive London open top bus tour - ride on the top deck of a normal bus (doesn't the nr 15 route go from Trafalgar Square to Tower Bridge, and don't they still run Routemaster buses on this for the tourists), and the views are as good as a commercial tour.

Another fun place to visit is Abbey Road - recreate the Beatles album cover by walking across the zebra crossing (it's a short walk from St John's Wood tube station)

You could watch Tower Bridge lift - times are available at Tower Bridge Exhibition - Lift Schedule

I took my two youngest kids to Lego Land on Monday. It was pricey - £82 for one adult and 2 kids, but they had a great time and I can use the tickets again in September or October for free entry.

I hadn't really thought about it before we got there, but I had to go on most of the rides twice. The kids were big enough to get on, but needed to be sitting with an adult. After a few hours I was beginning to regret the hotdog (£4 each ) and cornetto

On a few rides (as pictured) a member of staff would help out and sit with one of them, which was a great help. It's great that they recognise lone parents and help out where they can.

It was an expensive day out, but great fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

It was an expensive day out, but great fun.
    I think you can swap Tesco vouchers for Legoland tickets which make it a bit more affordable (not much help now DT, sorry ).

I went ages ago when my boys were younger and we all had a fab time.
    Great fun!
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    I think you can swap Tesco vouchers for Legoland tickets which make it a bit more affordable (not much help now DT, sorry ).
    I'm saving my tesco club card vouchers for a mini break with Gav.

Oh the romance

Thread Information