I did have a look for a thread about this, I'm sure its been discussed before - if anyone else finds one, feel free to Harperlink/Moderator merge with this one.

I'm also sure other dancers have had painful knees. I used to get sore knees, specifically the right one, for the short time that I attempted to learn lindy. Or maybe after a lot of spinning on an unsuitable floor/in unsuitable shoes (when I haven't been able to wear dance shoes due to state of the floor.)

My right knee started to get sore last week, not after any dancing. A walk on Thurs managed to extend the pain up my right thigh. I'm taking painkillers, resting as much as I can and wearing a support bandage if out anywhere, driving, walking etc.

Its an ache, rather than a sharp pain, and it seems to be from the muscles on either side above the knee, rather than the knee itself. Any exercise seems to extend the pain up my leg. I haven't tried any dancing at all.

Any advice or suggestions? I know I should probably go to the doctor, not sure what he can recommend other than painkillers and rest though.