82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ceroc

50 60.98%
  • Leroc / Independant / Other

32 39.02%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where did you start?

Re: Where did you start?

I Started off being taught by a couple called Buzz and Sue in a tiny sports club. I quickly moved on to Graham Leclerc's lessons in Shoreham and julians 'Jules Jive'. I pretty much stopped dancing for about five years, just going to the odd Mo'jive (I think ) lesson. I now occasionally go to Andy Mcgreggors, Hove flapjack fridays or a little venue here in Bognor (but only for the Librarian ). I tend to save myself for the weekenders or big events in London. After dancing on and off for 7/8 years I have only just got myself a Ceroc card!! It seems in the South dancers I have spoken to have a very odd idea of Ceroc and dont want to try it, preferring independants.

Zara xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    I Started off being taught by a couple called Buzz and Sue in a tiny sports club. I quickly moved on to Graham Leclerc's lessons in Shoreham and julians 'Jules Jive'. I pretty much stopped dancing for about five years, just going to the odd Mo'jive (I think ) lesson. I now occasionally go to Andy Mcgreggors, Hove flapjack fridays or a little venue here in Bognor (but only for the Librarian ). I tend to save myself for the weekenders or big events in London. After dancing on and off for 7/8 years I have only just got myself a Ceroc card!! It seems in the South dancers I have spoken to have a very odd idea of Ceroc and dont want to try it, preferring independants.

Zara xxx
    Hey Zara, was that a Rugby club with Buzz and Sue? I am sure I went there a few times. We could have met!!

Martin

Started at Kidderminster 8 weeks ago with the lovely Debbie A.

Loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hey Zara, was that a Rugby club with Buzz and Sue? I am sure I went there a few times. We could have met!!

Martin
    I remember Buzz and Sue Merriot teaching, can't remember where it was now (should do, it was on my list)

Buzz is now living in Spain with Jan

Graham LeClerc is still teaching in Shoreham, but he is teaching West Coast Swing

I am sure we must have met Zara - if not please ask Andy to introduce us the next time we are both at Shoreham

Did you ever go to Graham's classes at Worthing Zara ? That is where I first met Martin - I was totally in awe of him too such a smooth dancer and to think he had only been dancing about a year at that time

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    I remember Buzz and Sue Merriot teaching, can't remember where it was now (should do, it was on my list)

Buzz is now living in Spain with Jan

Graham LeClerc is still teaching in Shoreham, but he is teaching West Coast Swing

I am sure we must have met Zara - if not please ask Andy to introduce us the next time we are both at Shoreham

Did you ever go to Graham's classes at Worthing Zara ? That is where I first met Martin - I was totally in awe of him too such a smooth dancer and to think he had only been dancing about a year at that time

Yep, Buzz and Sue were at the Worthing rugby club.

I saw Graham a few months ago and he was talking about his plans for WCS lessons. My mum has been and said he taught the basics very well, Im really looking forward to trying it.

I dont think I went to any classes in Worthing with Graham, What venue did he use? I did go to various dances there.

When Im go to Shoreham next I will definately get Andy to introduce us

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    Yep, Buzz and Sue were at the Worthing rugby club.

I saw Graham a few months ago and he was talking about his plans for WCS lessons. My mum has been and said he taught the basics very well, Im really looking forward to trying it.

I dont think I went to any classes in Worthing with Graham, What venue did he use? I did go to various dances there.

When Im go to Shoreham next I will definately get Andy to introduce us

Worthing Rugby Club with Buzz was I think about 1998 1999, Classes with Graham in Worthing started in 1994 in the Catholic girls school hall in Central Worthing and later in a community hall in East Worthing (Close to Ham road). These finished before 1998 if my memory is still working
    In 1994 , his Brighton classes had been going for 2 years I think (could have been 1 year)

I first started dancing in 1981, ballroom and Latin.
    I was at Uni, 1991 to 1994, where I danced ballroom and Latin in inter Uni comps and local comps. In my last year at Uni, 1994, when on Easter break with my parents in Worthing, a friend of mine asked if I would like to try a kind of modern style jive class (Le Roc) that was starting up this week. I think he said he got it from the local paper.

I went along, had fun, then tried to get to grips with this "new dance". Graham used a getto blaster/boom box for the music.
    The people there were sooooooooo friendly and the girls were very patient with me. All smiles while I kept trying to get it right.
    If it was not such fun and the people so friendly, I would not have continued.
    After the class we went to the local pub and then down to the beach.
    Wonderful memories, and wonderful people.

I must admit, it took me a while to get from the ballroom "rise and fall" into the "Graham style" smooth. Any early smooth, is down to Graham and his influence. He happily spent extra time with me after the lesson to "smooth me out".

Thread Information