Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations all round!!!

Congratulations all round!!!

Not often I get a chance to beat the Lovely Sheena to the first word on the Forum, so here goes!!!

First of all congratulations to Lorna and Franck for their stunning winning performance in the Jivemasters Competition in Perth last night. We wish you all the best for the Finals in London in September.
    Congratulations also to the other couples, Sheena and Brady, Melanie and James and Fran and Bill. You all danced your hearts out, I'm glad it was you out there and not me!! What a nerve wracking experience, and you were all fantastic!!!
    Congratulations to Franck for organising such a brilliant party, the Bells Sports Arena has got to be seen to be believed,it's HUGE!!!! Everyone I spoke to was having a great time, so round of approval all round. I had a fab time, lots of lovely dances, can't wait for the next one.
    David and Lily!!! Well, what can I say? A simply breathtaking cabaret performance !!! I thought I could dance, and then I see you two!!!
    Workshops from David and Lily, interesting, informative, and entertaining,certainly gave us food for thought!!
    Looking forward to todays workshops with the brilliant Adam Nathanson, if they are as good as Aberdeen, I am sure I will have a fantastic day!!!

All in all a perfect weekend!!!

Heather,
    XX

Confirmed Forum Plant Basil Brush (Forum Plant)'s Avatar
    Sounds like I missed another great w'end, well done Franck and Lorna !

All in all a perfect weekend!!!

Could not have put it better Heather The best £54.00 i have ever spent i reckon. Even the Dance Night was like a sort of workshop for learning. Wow what dancers!!!

i found all the workshops great! I did hear a few mention that the musical interpretation one was way above them, way too far advanced. I thought it was superb for exactly that reason. I spent all night trying to hit the break and only managed once all night. Yes it was the "Torchlight Gaze" that lily talked about but that was all i had hoped for......just now. The important point was that i now knew what i must do in the future and how you have to listen to the music in a different manner from what i had been doing (just simply listening in general). I will now be hoping for Blues music to make it easier to hit the break while other more intermeddiate dancers will be hitting the break and doing something during the break. Other more advanced dancers will be going a stage further and getting all the difficult breaks and moving etc. Poor me thought all i had to do was learn some more moves). Franck your destroying my er, social life

Now about those rather far away moves at the Adam Nathanson workshop: Could someone Please please please talk to the Glagow and Edinburgh class DJs and persuade him to Slow the music down a little (a lot really) because some of us have to practice these moves quite a lot.

Now come on ladies we dont want you getting injured do we. Practice makes it Purrrrrrfect (damn computer). )

Commercial Operator

Re: All in all a perfect weekend!!!

Originally posted by michael

Now about those rather far away moves at the Adam Nathanson workshop: Could someone Please please please talk to the Glagow and Edinburgh class DJs and persuade him to Slow the music down a little (a lot really) because some of us have to practice these moves quite a lot.

Well Michael You can always practice them once a month at Route 66......Dance Demons late nite blues & Jazz set

I admire all 4 couples for their bravery and would like to congratulate you all a great performances

Special congratulations to Lorna and Franck for getting through to the Finals

It was the look on Lorna's face that was classic - it was a mixture of shock and abject horror.

Lorna and Franck, go show them in London what you do every week and put Scotland on the map yet again!!

I hope some Scots can get down there with you to cheer you on

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

In total agreement

Yup! Totally agree - it's been a fantastic weekend.
    HUGE congratulations to Lorna and Franck - they were fantastic - wishing you both all the very best of luck for the finals in London

Lily and David's workshops were so informative and have given me so much to think about - Adam's today were as good as the last ones in Aberdeen. That routine in the afternoon was just superb - I've been singing Latin Lover ever since What an achievement to get everyone dancing the same routine after just 2 hours - Graham, you were fantastic babe

Can't add anything about David and Lily's cabaret, except to say if you weren't in Perth to witness it
    It was the most awesome display of aerials dancing I have ever seen - Lily must be the most elegant woman on the whole planet! Oh and I was lucky enough to get two dances with David B later on

Thanks Franck for all of your hard work in organising everything for the weekend (I hope you managed to enjoy it too ) and for bringing David, Lily and Adam up to teach - is the hall booked for next year?

"If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Hi,

huge thanks to everyone for their support on Saturday night. It was a very nervous evening for most of us and I felt honoured to be dancing in this heat with Scotland's finest : Bill and Fran, Sheena and Brady and Mel and James. You guys were fantastic!

What a weekend. If you weren't there then shame on you. Franck did himself proud again in organising a spectacular weekend of events. Well Done, you can relax now, well, until September 20th. Champion!!

Lily and David, thank you both for such a wonderful day, you are both incredibly graceful, creative and inspiring. Looking forward to your next visit north of the border and good luck with your next competition!

Adam, thank you for yet another round of fantastic moves which Lisa and I will be fighting over to teach next week. Lisa looked incredible up there with you. See you next month.

Had some great dances throughout the weekend, the music was fab and that hall is amazing. Why can't this be the venue for the Scottish Champs?

Looking forward to representing Scotland with Franck at Jivemasters 2003. I only hope that some of you guys will be there to cheer us on, we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone for such a great weekend, hope you all enjoyed!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Nothing much to add, but I will anyway ...

Fantastic weekend.

The workshops on Saturday were so packed with information that it will take me months to absorb it all, let alone incorporate it into my dancing.

The party - great venue, I can't complain about any of the music played except to say that it was so good, I missed the ice cream because I was dancing so much {}

The competition - amazing guys; there was very little to choose between you all. Congratz Franck & Lorna - you put on a fine show. {That first track was hardly what I would call "slow"}

The show-casses - wow.

Thank you to all the ladys - it has never occured to me just how good the talent is up here {in all conentations of the word}. And a special thank you to all the ladys who traveled from down south; the night just dissapeared before I could invite you onto the floor again - my loss.
    If the evening had gone on twice as long, I think I would still have wanted it to continue.

Adam's workshops were, again, entertaining and informative; I love the the amazing moves, but especially the little subtaltys{sp?} in them.

Now I have to start saving up for the Ozzie w/end!!!

Commercial Operator

Hear Hear

Just thought I'd add my tuppenceworth..
    Another excellent weekend, well organised with no hitches. David and Lily B were fantastic, and to echo Sheenas comments about their cabaret......WOW!!!!! one of the most awesome diplays of aerial dancing I have ever seen, and all with stunning elegance. Adam was his usual entertaining self, and is probably the best teacher I have come across. The venue was HUGE and it's just a pity that all the Cerocers in Scotland didn't get to know about it, as it would have added even more to the atmosphere if the floor had been more packed.....ah well maybe next time eh.. Thanx to the Dundee maD crew for all the laffs and fab dances........and finally thanx to Franck for organising yet another great weekend with top teachers, and for inviting me to DJ. Mrs Demon an' me had a ball.

PS well done all the couples in the Jivemasters heat....and Congrats to Franck & Lorna......go sock it to 'em guys

The Oracle
    A big thank you to Franck for inviting us up, and for everyone for making us feel so welcome.

I hope everyone managed to get at least something from our workshops. I didn't want them to be the same as a normal class or workshop - I figured that Adam would be far better than we could ever be at that! I wanted to give people some ideas that they could think about over the next few weeks and months whilst they are dancing. It was all way above my head when I heard it the first time as well!

I'll email the notes I prepared to Franck, as I understand the printed copies ran out quite early.

I'd like to add my appreciation to the 4 couples who competed in the Jive Masters. I find it nerve-wracking to do a cabaret, even though I know the music, have a routine, have practised like mad and have done it plenty of times before. But to dance by yourself for the first time, in front of all your friends (who have suddenly become judges!), to unfamiliar music, with just 2 weeks notice, takes a lot of guts.

On Sunday morning I heard a song on the radio - it finished with the line "Dance until your feet set on fire". I think that sums up the weekend for me!

David (and Lily)

Well done to all Jivemasters couples, you all danced well. It’s a brave thing to get up there on your own and entertain everyone. Many many congratulations to Lorna and Franck…you guys were great. Go get ‘em next month. I have my fingers crossed that I can make it down to cheer you on in the final.

What superb workshops from David and Lily. I’ve taken away lots to think about and work on. Lily was stunning, always a joy to watch (with my jaw on the floor in admiration!)

What a first class teacher our latin lover Adam is. I really enjoyed his workshops and new moves.. …..I wonder why?! I was a very lucky gal to dance them with him!!!! Oh yes… I did have permission from Mandy!

Lorna’s right…. we’ll be fighting over who’s teaching what from all workshops. We made a start on the journey home!

Thanks for organising another great weekend Franck. I just wanted you to know how much we all appreciate everything you do for all us dancers in Scotland.

Right ...anyone made a start naming Adam's moves?

Lisa x

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Ooooh Lily. Most impressive aerials ive ever seen in real life, didnt touch the ground much at all . She can't float on her own of course, well done DavidB . Great classes too, i got a lot out of that. I'll try it all out at Hipsters when i go for the first time next Wednesday 27th.

Yet again my dancing ranged from great to awful*, not enough practice recently. Sorry Lisa and Lorna for very stuttering dances!

Did anyone else find it a tad dark during freestyle ?
    Apart from that, a really good night.

*at least by my own standards, feel free to disagree

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Sorry Lisa and Lorna for very stuttering dances!
    What you talking about Nik? They were great dances ....well for me anyway! Nice to see you and Fi. It's been too long.

Lisa x

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Lisa
    They were great dances ....well for me anyway!
    thanks, i wasn't fishing for compliments you're too nice, and dances with you are always great from my point of view, didnt mean to sound negative you just deserve me at my best

hmmm that was almost dangerously 'luvvie'

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, everyone, thanks for the congratulations and best wishes!

I had a fantastic week-end too and I can't thank enough everyone who one way or the other was involved.
    David and Lily, you were a pleasure to work with, an inspiration to watch and have taught everyone so much during the day!
    Adam, was fabulous, though once again, I must give credit to his Demonstrator Mandy last time, and Lisa this time... What a stunning performance!

I never got a chance to worry about the Jivemasters, and just as well... wow, what a tough thing to do, and I really take my hat off to Bill & Fran, Brady & Sheena and James & Melanie who danced brilliantly and entertained us all...
    I am still baffled Lorna and I won, and must thank Lorna for turning all my 'mistakes' into stunning displays of improvisation.
    Lorna and I are now clearing our diaries for the Final in September in London, and whatever we do, we will be promoting Scotland as the best place to dance and the most friendly / welcoming
    Did anyone else find it a tad dark during freestyle ?
    Hi Nik,

I agree the hall was a little too dark, especially at the start, as the sound / light guy hadn't switched on all his rigs... But I felt it was ok, though still on the 'dark side' after the Ceilidh.
    Unfortunately the venue only offered 2 levels of lighting itself: Bright or very Bright...

Cheers,

Franck.

Just want to add my congrats to Franck. it was a fabulous weekend Lily and David were awesome, and it was nice to get the oppportunity to get to know you as well. Don't wait too long before you come back please!!! David, thankyou for that dance on the Sunday having missed out on Saturday night, it was a double treat to dance with you on Sunday Congratulations to Franck and Lorna for great performance,Lorna the 'sexy' one and Franck the 'funny' one Well done to all the others who took part in the Jivemasters, you were ALL brilliant. Sheena and Steve your cabaret was fab and great fun!! Adam's workshops as usual were brill, even though my feet were killing me and I was tired, I just had to do them all. Loved the latin routine, and the dance on Saturday night (I'm glad Sheena wasn't available!!). I hope you and Mandy enjoy the rest of your holiday. To all the guys who danced with me on Saturday night, a BIG thank you and and to all the guys in the workshops, it was great fun dancing and getting the opportunity to get to know you better Keep practicing those moves for the next party!!!
    To those of you that were not there, you missed a BRILLIANT weekend. I hope you can manage the next one that Franck organises, once again, thanks Franck

Linda ( the quiet one from the MAd crew)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by linda
    (the quiet one from the MAd crew)

thats not likely to get you recognised now is it ?

hmmm that was almost dangerously 'luvvie'
    Ditto. You have your forum name to live up to!

Lisa x

thats not likely to get you recognised now is it ?
    Can't think what you mean!! Heather is 'soft lips' ( I'll let H. explain that one herself ) Sheena is the 'Dancing Diva' so..... I must be the 'quiet one'

Linda

Sorry Lisa and Lorna for very stuttering dances!
    The dance was lovely, just too short.

It was nice to actually meet and chat with you at last, despite the introductions, ''What, THE Lorna?'' and me with the ''Ah..... so you're DS?' Hey, we had a laugh trying to master some of those moves.

Hope we dance again soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Thread Information