View Poll Results: How long before you get back to normal if you stop dancing for 2 weeks?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can remember immediately

5 11.36%
  • It takes me a couple of dances to get back to normal

12 27.27%
  • By the end of the night I'm back to normal

7 15.91%
  • It takes me a week or more to get back to where I was

5 11.36%
  • I can't remember when I last stopped dancing for 2 weeks

10 22.73%
  • I don't understand the concept 'stop dancing for 2 weeks'

10 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happens if you stop dancing?

Originally posted by Rachel
    ... sometimes I feel like I'm getting very very stale/boring/unimaginative. But I've found an instant solution whenever I need inspiration. I just watch Lily dancing - works every time!
    Rachel
    :sorry :sorry :sorry You're making me blush!

LilyB

Originally posted by Chris
    When you take dancing lessons, you learn steps and you learn steps and you learn steps. It can go on for a long time. And then one day, you just learn to dance, and it is so different.
    --Bill Austin
    This quote is so true. Sometimes I feel I'm doing the same steps all the time, but all it takes is a good song and a good partner who will improvise with me. With these 2 things I no longer feel I am doing ceroc I feel that I am dancing and being one with my partner and the music. It's an amazing feeling every single time.

Angel with attitude! xSalsa_Angelx's Avatar
    easy solution ... practice while on holiday,

find a nice bar and good music and dance, show off your wonderful talents to the people that have never danced before and get served free cocktails from the bar staff for being such a star

That's what we did while in Portugal last week......

Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
    easy solution ... practice while on holiday,

find a nice bar and good music and dance, show off your wonderful talents to the people that have never danced before and get served free cocktails from the bar staff for being such a star

That's what we did while in Portugal last week......
    Quite right!

I usually holiday alone which reduces some of my dance options perhaps but when I was in Buenos Aires last year the (tango) performance couple started asking people from the audience up to dance. Not wanting to show myself up with my very limited tango, I led her into ceroc moves to tango music and she followed flawlessly - and thrilled to discover a new dance!

I'm in Rio next week (hols cum work search) and have listed all the salsa bars so I can get a good dance, even if it's not jive.

Might have to work on it a bit till I get to the free cocktails stage though! :sorry

Saude!

ps (re your avatar name) - are you connected to the Edinburgh salsa teacher/performers called Salsa Angels?

"Dance is more than the steps. Feel the music and dance for sheer joy." ('Shall We Dansu')

Angel with attitude! xSalsa_Angelx's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chris
    Quite right!

I usually holiday alone which reduces some of my dance options perhaps but when I was in Buenos Aires last year the (tango) performance couple started asking people from the audience up to dance. Not wanting to show myself up with my very limited tango, I led her into ceroc moves to tango music and she followed flawlessly - and thrilled to discover a new dance!

I'm in Rio next week (hols cum work search) and have listed all the salsa bars so I can get a good dance, even if it's not jive.

Might have to work on it a bit till I get to the free cocktails stage though! :sorry

Saude!

ps (re your avatar name) - are you connected to the Edinburgh salsa teacher/performers called Salsa Angels?

No not at all ... was just a name that I came up with as i love salsa and Ceroc. and my boyfriend calls me angel.

ave not been doing ceroc that long either only about 6 months.

SA

Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
    No not at all ... was just a name that I came up with as i love salsa and Ceroc. and my boyfriend calls me angel. SA
    What a lovely nickname! He has excellent taste!!

I must say that a period off the dance floor every so often is no bad thing.

If I dance too much.(I have just done 5 straight nights - if anyone sees me on a dance floor tomorrow (Wed) then get a chain and tow me off!), then I lose creativeness and may end up grinding out moves.

Grinding is not pleasant because it means it doesn't flow, and in my case I can end up dancing mechanically which isn't pleasant for partners.

Thread Information