3 1.63%
  • Click, click, click...

1 0.54%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post
    I didn't need to, mine was taken by a professional photographer (on a cheap gimmick plastic camera, but that's not the point)
    Mine too (Although I think he had to use alot of photobox functions on mine )

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Mine too (Although I think he had to use alot of photobox functions on mine )
    I took this one of you at the last jango i was at. I tidied it up a bit in photoshop too but it still captures you
    Last edited by Dreadful Scathe; 5th-May-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

ok - beds at jango- doesnt quite work....ruined my own joke etc....sue me

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    I took this one of you at the last jango i was at. I tidied it up a bit in photoshop too but it still captures you
    Can you do me too

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

er....biblically ?

Blog Entries

er....biblically ?
    Hey, if that's the price for looking good, I'll lie back and think of Finchley.

er....biblically ?
    That made me laugh.

"And then Joshua did Bathsheba and begot Micah and Micah did Rebecca and begot Kevin...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    I touched up my photo.
    Isn't that a bit...onanistic?

Did it...touch you up back?

I joined a group where I had to give an email address. Everybody who posted to that group got an email from someone that they did not know saying that they had been added to his "friends" list. In the exchanges that followed it was alleged that Facebook gives the facility of adding everybody in your address book to their friends list. I do not think this would have included mine. Others posed the question if the Facebook software is powerful enought to have gathered our email addresses from a secondary source, in this case the group membership lists. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    I joined a group where I had to give an email address. Everybody who posted to that group got an email from someone that they did not know saying that they had been added to his "friends" list.
    That message is slightly misleading. AFAIK, friends can't be added without your consent - all that message means is that someone has sent you a request to be your friend. You can always ignore them of course.

In the exchanges that followed it was alleged that Facebook gives the facility of adding everybody in your address book to their friends list.
    Same misunderstanding I believe - all that happens is that you send "Please be my friend" messages out.

I do not think this would have included mine. Others posed the question if the Facebook software is powerful enought to have gathered our email addresses from a secondary source, in this case the group membership lists. Any ideas?
    Umm, dunno.

I joined a group where I had to give an email address. Everybody who posted to that group got an email from someone that they did not know saying that they had been added to his "friends" list. In the exchanges that followed it was alleged that Facebook gives the facility of adding everybody in your address book to their friends list. I do not think this would have included mine. Others posed the question if the Facebook software is powerful enought to have gathered our email addresses from a secondary source, in this case the group membership lists. Any ideas?
    Am by no means a Facebook expert, so maybe someone else can confirm this, but when I first joined, there was an option to put in your e-mail address so that Facebook could download all the addresses from your e-mail account. I assume it could then automatically send everyone an invitation to be your friend who is in your e-mail address book. It does only seem to work with certain ones though - hotmail, yahoo, etc. My e-mail address wasn't compatible, fortunately.

But this facility would be seperate from this person on the group trying to add you as a friend - as DJ says, it was only an invitation which you could accept, ignore or refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Am by no means a Facebook expert, so maybe someone else can confirm this, but when I first joined, there was an option to put in your e-mail address so that Facebook could download all the addresses from your e-mail account. I assume it could then automatically send everyone an invitation to be your friend who is in your e-mail address book. It does only seem to work with certain ones though - hotmail, yahoo, etc. My e-mail address wasn't compatible, fortunately.
    I don't know why that was "fortunately" as I just pressed the big "not for me, thanks" button. Apparently you then get the option of bulk bugging all your "friends" in your address book (yup bugs@microsoft.com is my friend too) or just checking to see if any of those people are already on Facebook and then sending them friend requests.

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime View Post
    ... Apparently you then get the option of bulk bugging all your "friends" in your address book (yup bugs@microsoft.com is my friend too) ...
    I f people are including Microsoft bugs amongst their friends it might explain a bit about their software...

I don't know why that was "fortunately" as I just pressed the big "not for me, thanks" button. Apparently you then get the option of bulk bugging all your "friends" in your address book (yup bugs@microsoft.com is my friend too) or just checking to see if any of those people are already on Facebook and then sending them friend requests.
    It was fortunate because when I first registered, I didn't realise what it was for! I would have pressed not for me, but it was only once I'd poked around the site a bit I realised what that bit did, and then realised that I didn't want to do it. So it was lucky for me

I f people are including Microsoft bugs amongst their friends it might explain a bit about their software...
    Ah, I'm just mentioning that I've got support addresses and such in the automatically complied GMail address book, therefore I'm sure I'd send some interesting friends requests if I used it.

It's all about myspace! Although, facebook is slowly creeping into my affections, what with it's pokes and tags!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_and_tonic View Post
    It's all about myspace! Although, facebook is slowly creeping into my affections, what with it's pokes and tags!
    MySpace allows custom stylesheets though... and that makes my eyes bleed. I don't go there .

MySpace allows custom stylesheets though... and that makes my eyes bleed. I don't go there .
    Yeah in all my years on myspace I still haven't 'pimped' my page but I do like putting music and random pictures all over it! Plus I like that you can paste pictures and html in comments on other people's pages.

I do like putting music and random pictures all over it!
    I just love it when a page takes a day and a half to load due to the 10,000 pictures on it and then it starts playing music at me; that's awesome .

Plus I like that you can paste pictures and html in comments on other people's pages.
    Fair enough, I don't want that stuff which is why I like the control (and hiding of other people's applications) that Facebook gives you. It's nice .

Blog Entries

I just love it when a page takes a day and a half to load due to the 10,000 pictures on it and then it starts playing music at me; that's awesome .

Ah, you're just a boring old fart, you'll be talking about consistent user experiences next

Thread Information