• Click, click, click...

1 0.54%
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Glitter Queen

Facebook

Are you on it?
    If not why not?

I haven't decided whether it's a great thing or just another way to while-away the hours yet (although it has meant I've messaged some people I haven't spoken to in years).

Re: Facebook

I'm on it but don't use it often.. so is Dai off the forum - Tor...more into Myspace

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Interesting, I joined it yesterday. Haven't quite worked out what to do with it yet though!

Glitter Queen

See here if you're feeling confused

Good idea but just like Friends Reunited before it I think there'll be a big buzz around it for a short while (though it's been around a while now I guess) just until the next thing comes along at which point it will lie pretty much dormant (and thus useless)

I also have a problem that I have 2 accounts on there with different email addresses associated to each and would like to merge these but haven't investigated how to do it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    I'm on it but don't use it often.. so is Dai off the forum - Tor...more into Myspace

I'm addicted to facebook (even more so than this forum)! find it much more useable than myspace (where all the flashing backgrounds etc just give me a headache). A great way of knowing what everyone is up to and keeping friends in the loop if you are too busy to speak to them on a weekly basis, but not as formal and time consuming as a blog (unless you get addidcted then it really can be all consuming!)

Also looks more corporate than other similar sites so not as recognisable that i am not working when i should be!

I'm on it (and met an old uni friend who I hadn't seen for quite a few years last week after contact through it)

I would be quite careful about exactly what details you add. My address isn't on there, only my email which is pretty much public domain anyway.

I haven't joined any networks either (as unless you set the security settings right everyone in that network e.g. London, can see your profile)

Luckily no-one's tagged me in any embarrasing photos yet (though someone's put some primary school pictures on )

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    Are you on it?
    If not why not?
    I am. It's the whole reason that started me (not) stalking Jive_Me. I haven't just fired my address book into it though. I think it is just wrong of me to bug friends with emails telling them of the wonders of FaceBook. I have tagged a few non-Facebook people in FaceBook which mails them if you put in their email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    I haven't decided whether it's a great thing or just another way to while-away the hours yet (although it has meant I've messaged some people I haven't spoken to in years).
    Both I think. Unlike Friends Reunited though it tries to do many different things to keep your interest. We'll see how it fairs in the long term (though it has been going a while, I think it is just reaching "critical mass" now).

It did make me laugh to get this email this morning though (subtly amended to protect real names)

Sparkles says that you two are in a relationship on Facebook. We need you to confirm that you are, in fact, in a relationship with Sparkles.

Not very trusting are they? And I like the use of 'in fact' - very interrogative!

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    It did make me laugh to get this email this morning though (subtly amended to protect real names)

Sparkles says that you two are in a relationship on Facebook. We need you to confirm that you are, in fact, in a relationship with Sparkles.

Not very trusting are they? And I like the use of 'in fact' - very interrogative!
    Love this feature of Facebook! Puts us all into little boxes

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Good job you confirmed! Or you would have been in serious hot water!

My boyfriend took weeks to confirm that we were in a relationship

(even though we've got a joint mortgage and a cat )

(and despite a couple of my exes being friends, I've never asked them to confirm that we once dated)

Actually we were wondering if you changed your relationship status to single again whether it would ask the other person if that was the case .

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Interesting, I joined it yesterday. Haven't quite worked out what to do with it yet though!
    I joined it last week.

A couple of people I know have added me but i've got 'a friend waiting to be confirmed' who I don't think I know? .. What do I do in this case?

Her first names Sarah...its not you is it Sparkles?

To be honest, I've not got a clue what its all about
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Good job you confirmed! Or you would have been in serious hot water!
    Well, she used to live in Bath.

I'm here all week........
    Last edited by robd; 4th-July-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Bad grammar

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime View Post
    Actually we were wondering if you changed your relationship status to single again whether it would ask the other person if that was the case .
    Or if that was, in fact, the case even

I've just seen the button on edit profile for 'Cancel Relationship' what would be worse - dumped by text? or dumped by facebook? Maybe we need a forum poll?

I like the 'Looking for: Whatever I can get' option too

Facebook just seems to be yet another way to waste my time, so I've not joined. I keep getting emails from various friends asking me to join various things like this, but I can't be bothered. And I'm not sure I'd want to post much information about myself on something like that, and also - if I want to contact a friend, I can always phone, text, email, send a PM or use messenger.

I think I've definitely got enough ways of keeping in touch with people already, and am already wasting far too much time on things like this forum.

Logged, looked, left !

But it did remind me to update my FriendsReunited profile..

Apparently (according to my ignored profile) I'd just split up with my fiancee and was looking to buy a flat !! (My goodness the wayback machine was set to ancient history there!)

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Yep got sucked in last week, and have to agree it is more addictive than here - yet another distraction from work. As has been said before it is a brilliant way to keep in touch with friends.

Thread Information