Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeremy Kyle - the best show titles

Re: Jeremy Kyle - the best show titles

I did watch the show whilst I was off sick for 3 days and I was morbidly fascinated by the people who will air their dirty laundry in such a very public way.

After 3 days I was braindead and had to go back to work for some adult conversation. Jremy Kyle is a great incentive to get better

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    I think his popularity comes from people wanting to know about other people's miserable situations.
    His popularity - if he actually has any, as opposed to just being on the box - is due to his willingness to shamelessly reduce the complex matters to the very l-o-w-e-s-t common denominator.

Saw one where a convicted child molester (having served his sentence) was on the show at the same time as two women who'd been molested as children (by other people entirely). It was an opportunity to make progress for all of them.

The two women just shrieked at the guy like banshees, screamed at him as soon as two words left his mouth, they may has well have had a life-size cardboard cut-out for all the contribution he was permitted to make to the program.

And then Jerkface Piles just joined in with them, lambasting the man and his wife.

Worse than utterly pointless it served only to reinforce hated and prejudice, and the world was definitely just a teeny bit worse after the program than it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    His popularity - if he actually has any, as opposed to just being on the box - is due to his willingness to shamelessly reduce the complex matters to the very l-o-w-e-s-t common denominator.

Saw one where a convicted child molester (having served his sentence) was on the show at the same time as two women who'd been molested as children (by other people entirely). It was an opportunity to make progress for all of them.
    Ahem !Barry let me make it quite clear I dont't think he is popular I was answering a query about why he might be popular by some. I think that show is dangerous and I couldn't agree more with what you say about reducing complex matters to the lowest denominator. But people watch it because it is like car crash tv and want to know whats going on because we have a facination about other people's lives and want to be the fly on the wall. I want to swat jk.

I disagree that progress could or should be made on tv about a complex issues around child sex abuse in a forum that is run by a ~#*@
    like JK. He just debases everything and how is the show set up to contain that can of worms when it is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    .......And then Jerkface Piles just joined in with them, lambasting the man and his wife.

Worse than utterly pointless it served only to reinforce hated and prejudice, and the world was definitely just a teeny bit worse after the program than it was before.

This is the type of thing that separates JK (loves his name above ) from the other presenters he does join in, which in some ways, makes him no better than them. The fact he does on ocassion help, is the purpose of the program and it's producers, not his personality.

I think people are confusing the program with the presenter

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Has anyone else played the Jeremy Kyle drinking game?

Everytime the Chav Molester says one of his catchphases, you have to down a shot.

Jeremy Kyle is Robert Kilroy-Silk Mk2

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

"Mum and Sister, stop using the house like a brothel" was one of todays show titles. Brilliant!!!!

Fat tattoed mum with hair loss, chubby chav "yeah right, you dont know nufink" sister and bumfluff chinned son argueing over the anount of men staying over.

The reason people watch these shows is out of fasination (i e, can it be any worse) and for the comedy value.

TT is right it's like MTV pimped Kilroy silk.

I love watching this shows and others like it. Probably because i rarely can because every hour i have is taken up with working (or dancing!)

Shallow as it is they make me feel good about myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone seen Judge Judy?.

I love that woman...don't take no crap from any of the chavs and they are all terrified of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Anyone seen Judge Judy?.

I love that woman...don't take no crap from any of the chavs and they are all terrified of her.
    Tssshhhhhhhh !!!

Blog Entries

i think we should make a new thread....

Judges Trouble. and Double trouble - we will solve all your problems for you.....

tell us your problems and we will tell you the solution. but only tell us if your ready for the blunt and honest replies...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    Jeremy Kyle is Robert Kilroy-Silk Mk2
    noooooooo Rob KS was never that rude and arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble
    Anyone seen Judge Judy?.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post

This is the type of thing that separates JK (loves his name above ) from the other presenters he does join in, which in some ways, makes him no better than them. The fact he does on ocassion help, is the purpose of the program and it's producers, not his personality.

I think people are confusing the program with the presenter

I think though in the case of JK he makes the program what it is by his behaviour and the way he presents himself on it. Trishe and Oprey for example don't belittle or appear patronising in the smarmy way JK does. I have watched these shows because I am nosey and as fascinated by whats going on as the next person, but Jk is bad.

Now Judge Judy is ace, I like the way she gets right down to the motivations of the people, is able to see right through the pettyness and gets rid of all the dross. Yes I would vote for Judge Judy. I understand that she used to be a judge in the family courts so she should be good at arbitration.

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post

The reason people watch these shows is out of fasination (i e, can it be any worse)
    most of the people on the show are just like the people I wen't to school with and live in the council estate where I had my first flat

I won't go to another school reunion or hopfully go back to the council estate, most of the people are scutters, and I can say that 'cuz I woz 1 ennnit'

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Marmite View Post

Shallow as it is they make me feel good about myself!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you have hit the nail on the head

but for the grace of god go I

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    noooooooo Rob KS was never that rude and arrogant
    I must have been watching a different Kilroy to you then

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

I used to watch those programes when they first started, as like anything new you could not believe what you were seeing and it was gobsmacking fasanating to watch how these underclasses lived, but now I just find them boring, and only watch loose women as it is like having your mates round for a coffee and chatting about all the things us gals talk about, my fav loose woman is Carol Mcginty

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPZcN-PiomI"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/MPZcN-PiomI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPZcN-PiomI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thread Information