Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anonymity and the Forum (again)

Re: Anonymity and the Forum (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    so if you dont want any trouble........does that mean you dont wanna dance with me.
    LOL

Is that a snail you can see on the horizon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    LOL

Is that a snail you can see on the horizon
    eh is that a yes or a no. LOL xx

Re: Has the bubble burst?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    And the disadvantage is, that people don't take your opinions (as) seriously...

Credibility is closely associated with identity, or at least with background. I'm not making this up - I can dig up studies on this area if you want, it's actually something I have some experience in.
    I have no doubt that experience and a charismatic public persona increase credibility. People buy the beans that they have heard of at a premium price over the beans they have not, it is the whole essence of branding. It has also been the source of some of the biggest disasters. Nobody was going to rugby tackle the captain of the Titanic.

Time and time again I have seen the new kid on the block saunter in with an open mind and a different background and spot a major flaw or suggest a major innovation. Sometimes they are completely wrong and get shot down in flames, but from such mistakes we learn.

Sometimes the unknown beans are , sometimes they are
    Most of the old timers wandered into Ceroc with no clue as to its pedigree or background. I just poked my head into a hall from where I heard good music. Most people are waiting to see it on TV.

Re: Has the bubble burst?

Quote Originally Posted by scotttwin View Post
    In my opinion this forum should be trying to gather the opinions from the maximum number of Forum members, .
    Why?

Why gather anything?

Some like to write........ others like to read...... some read sometimes and write other times.... I know I do!

This is a place for everyone the bolshy and the timid.... there is room for everyone..... just find your own level....your space ...and fill it.

Don't feel you have to comply with anyone elses .... well ....anything.

Do your own thing and expect to be taken to task if you are bolshy and expect to be treated with far more respect if you are timid.. thats life!

You enter a pub and start pontificating loudly you will nearly always get into an argument..................... you sit and listen and offer considered opinion you may get a considered response.

Feel free to be anonymous... but expect to be challenged on your authenticity when to get involved in a spat...

live and let live!

Remember dance and this forum are supposed to be fun

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

I am one of those poster's who pop in now and then, and tend to check on the social events and post the odd post and read some threads but I don't have the time or the inclination to get heavyly involved, as I like to be up and doing other things as from a friend's experience on this forum got to addictive and it became almost her life, but has given it up now to get a life.

Smile Re: Anonymity and the Forum (again)

Of some people, I think "He's opinionated because he's a teacher," or "He's opinionated because he's a moderator," or "He's opinionated for no apparent reason."

But of others I think "He's a nice guy even though he's a teacher," and so on.

In my 3 weeks on this forum, I've already formed my own opinions on the personalities of the prinicipal contributors, and none of them is based on qualifications or status.

There's the nice squad and the awkward squad, the sensible and the pernickety, the ones who help the discussion along, and the ones who try to hijack it.

Above all, there are a very few people whose posts are clearly authoritative, and below them there is a motley of also-rans and also-rants who contradict each other.

Even if someone is a teacher, how do I know whether he's a good teacher? I judge him by what he writes, not by what he claims to be.

Everyone should be anonymous! Then everyone would be judged on what they wrote!

I like to think that, whenever I post rubbish, I am at least posting interesting and authoritative rubbish, and am respected for it, rather than for who I am!
    respect the goldfish!

Thread Information