View Poll Results: What are your 'usual' meal times?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 meal a day

3 5.00%
  • 2 meals a day

5 8.33%
  • 3 meals a day

24 40.00%
  • 4 meals a day

1 1.67%
  • 5 meals a day

4 6.67%
  • 6 meals a day

3 5.00%
  • more than 6

2 3.33%
  • I eat when I'm hungry

21 35.00%
  • I eat when I remember

11 18.33%
  • I eat when I get time

7 11.67%
  • I pick all day long

6 10.00%
  • No two days are ever the same

14 23.33%
  • I'm always on a diet

5 8.33%
  • I'm a yo-yo dieter

6 10.00%
  • I'm a health freak

8 13.33%
  • I'm a binge eater

4 6.67%
  • I don't know the first thing about healthy eating

5 8.33%
  • I try all the latest fads

1 1.67%
  • I'm on a special diet, prescribed by my doctor/dietician

2 3.33%
  • My diet is one to be ashamed of

9 15.00%
  • I'm gonna start my diet tomorrow.....

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Eating plans..

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Eating plans..

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Brummie View Post
    I'd suggest going to see a sports massage therapist rather than a physio.
    Today at the gym, the resident 'sports massage therapist' was giving free 10min massages/consultations, I remembered what you said, so I took advantage of this.

I have to say, the experience wasn't exactly pleasant it was actually a bit brutal although I did feel better after

So, I've booked for an hour next Thursday.

after I booked the appointment, he said, (trying to be reassuring) "Great!... I should be able to give you a good going over in an hour"...

...What have I let myself in for?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Today at the gym, the resident 'sports massage therapist' was giving free 10min massages/consultations, I remembered what you said, so I took advantage of this.

I have to say, the experience wasn't exactly pleasant it was actually a bit brutal although I did feel better after

So, I've booked for an hour next Thursday.

after I booked the appointment, he said, (trying to be reassuring) "Great!... I should be able to give you a good going over in an hour"...

...What have I let myself in for?
    Good to hear you went along for a try out.

Sports massage is fantastic...but unfortunately it tends to get a bit painful when they hit your problem areas spot on. It does work however and the effects can and should be see immediately. Along with the post care advice they will be able to provide, I'd go and see one of these guys before I went to see a physio...

Good to hear you are still commited towards your health and fitness. Keep it up!

JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I have never been able to understand this "forget to eat" business .. perhaps this is why my backside is the size it is
    Oh, that's easy - find something more interesting to do, and cram as much of it into your plan for the day as possible. Don't count on it making your backside any smaller, though - I often forget to eat, , and my backside is still bigger than J-Lo's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Brummie View Post
    Good to hear you are still commited towards your health and fitness. Keep it up!
    Diet and exercise update..

Well, i'm still with the plan and all's going well at the moment!

I've had a few 'pain' issues, in various joints over the last few weeks but after receiving some Cortisone injections last week and taking some prescribed anti inflamatory's, all seems to have settled down and 'touch wood' I'm pain free just now! Well, apart from muscle ache but thats a good kind of ache, if you know what I mean?

This week, a couple of good friends have suggested that I don't loose any more weight (Well, that's a first Nobody's ever said that to me, in my entire lifetime) but then I realised, they meant for a while, to give my skin a chance to catch up

I'm a bit worried though, as I'm such an 'all or nothing' kind of person, if I start to increase my food intake, to try and level out for a while, I might fall off the wagon all together! So I think I'll have to decide on just '1' extra item of food per day (maybe 100kcals) and stick to it.. Oooh treats what shall I have??

Having mastered the 'plank' I now have a new pet hate.. Arnold presses they're pure evil.. and my trainer took pleasure in making sure they were done really s-l-o-w-l-y, for maximum pain! He's getting quite used to my cursing now! And remarked today, how he finds girls swearing in a 'posh accent', quite sexy The 8@5t@rd really knows how to wind one up!

How's everyone else doing?
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

How's everyone else doing?
    Down to 14st 3lbs .. but then not really exercising nor dieting. Swimming a bit but my penchant for Chocolate and "bad" food cancels that out (and then some )

hunted out my weights the last day, just to tone up what little muscle I have (had an interesting moment at the hospital the last day when the nurse asked me to make a fist to give me an injection into my muscles.. "tense your muscles" she said.. "I am" said I !!) More muscle mass means more fuel burnt for the same effort. (A bigger engine will burn more petrol for every mile driven than a smaller engine)

I'm SL-OO-OO-WLY coming down, I feel a little thinner.. but not much, need to do some abs stuff.. but I can't even do a single sit up

I'll stick to the swimming and walking for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    I'm SL-OO-OO-WLY coming down, I feel a little thinner.. but not much, need to do some abs stuff.. but I can't even do a single sit up

I'll stick to the swimming and walking for a bit.
    for a gentler way but very effective way to work on your abs and stengthen your core in general - I can highly recommend Pilates especially if you can manage 2-3 sessions a week

I really should find a pilates class
    Last edited by Yliander; 22nd-August-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries

The Plank
    We do a few slow ones, then the last one is done, till the last man drops

I start to shake violently after about 2mins, which my teacher finds highly amusing!

I'm getting better though, the first time I did it, I only lasted about 20seconds
    urgghhh. It's just become a regular part of my routine for the next week or so. 60 seconds is about my limit so far.

Still sticking at just under 13st. Exactly where I want to be .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    The Plank

urgghhh. It's just become a regular part of my routine for the next week or so. 60 seconds is about my limit so far.

Still sticking at just under 13st. Exactly where I want to be.
    Well done you!!!!

You don't look like you weight that but chatting to some of the trainers at my gym, some of them weight 'a lot' One of the girls, who I think has an amazing figure told me she weighs 12 stone!

Which just reinforces my thoughts about the dreaded 'SCALES'

I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I really need to step up another level again, as if I'm honest, things are starting to get a little bit 'easy' but its hard to make that jump, mentally, as much as anything else.

I think i'll book a few sessions with a PT again, they always seem to motivate...

And you know what.... SUMMER IS ON ITS WAY!

Re, 'the PLANK' once your doing 60seconds easily, try rocking back and forward or transferring to the 'side plank', without lowering first, then back though the original plank, to the other side. (if you don't understand, i'll try to show you, next time I see you... if we find a quiet spot! )

try rocking back and forward or transferring to the 'side plank', ...i'll try to show you, next time I see you... if we find a quiet spot! )
    Oi...! You leave my fellas side plank alone...! There's only one person who will be rocking back on forward on it and that's me.

As a Weight Watcher leader, just set yourself realistic goals. When things don't happen quick enough it is easier to give up. Summer is coming but it is still a few months away and at even half a pound a week it all adds up, that way you can have a little of what you fancy along the way.

Blog Entries

The "weight" isn't a concern for me, it's just a handy way to keep an eye on whether I'm straying a little or not. All along, my motivation/measure was my waist size and that's pretty much where I want it to be now.

Re, 'the PLANK' once your doing 60seconds easily, try rocking back and forward or transferring to the 'side plank', without lowering first, then back though the original plank, to the other side. (if you don't understand, i'll try to show you, next time I see you... if we find a quiet spot! )
    Right now, I can't imagine ever doing 60 seconds easily.

Blues room at Southport then?

Eat a dodgy oyster, like I did on Valetine's Day...lost a kilo in just three days!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Oi...! You leave my fellas side plank alone...! There's only one person who will be rocking back on forward on it and that's me.
    I've never heard it called that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    The "weight" isn't a concern for me, it's just a handy way to keep an eye on whether I'm straying a little or not. All along, my motivation/measure was my waist size and that's pretty much where I want it to be now.

I think waist size/fat percentage is a better guide rather than simply 'weight.' As people have undoubtedly said earlier in the thread you can stay the same weight yet have lost a lot of fat and gained muscle mass

I gave birth 12 weeks ago and have started the gym as I've eaten on a STONE in that time! Starting back at TaeKwonDo tonight too. I'm terrified. Not sure my abdominal muscles are willing to work any more.

Going to try to do the kick start Kellogs diet thingy for two weeks...has anyone done that and was it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Feet View Post
    Going to try to do the kick start Kellogs diet thingy for two weeks...has anyone done that and was it worth it?
    Any 'faddy' diet will work if you stick to it - but it's not real life and as soon as you go back to 'normal' eating it will just come back. It's not rocket science just eat wisely and think of your stomach as a balloon, never deflated (starving) and never about to burst (uncomfortably full) - but breakfast is a must!
    Last edited by Jay Jay; 25th-February-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Fix quotes

Bloomin' 'eck! I'm only up to 30 seconds ... and that's in 3 x 10/15 second go's. I have a loooooooong way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Any 'faddy' diet will work if you stick to it - but it's not real life and as soon as you go back to 'normal' eating it will just come back. It's not rocket science just eat wisely and think of your stomach as a balloon, never deflated (starving) and never about to burst (uncomfortably full) - but breakfast is a must!
    Tell me about it, i lost 9lbs in Jan but back to eating crap again

I could blame 'House move' or 'new job' or full moon or anything so ill blame myself for being scared of being healthier.

I get loads of gas coming out of my Balloon but its still inflating

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I get loads of gas coming out of my Balloon but its still inflating
    Obviously using wrong type of fuel

Blog Entries

Well, I've changed my diet again .
    Now I'm working from home nearly all the time, I've decided to have my main, cooked meal at lunchtime and a snack in the evening.
    It's always been the suggested best way of eating (as opposed to the traditional main meal in the evening), but it's not something you can easily do normally.
    Anyway, it hasn't made any difference to weight, but I do feel better. More energy and concentration in the afternoon and less sluggish in the evenings.

Also, I decided to go to my first "spin" class last night. Apart from my 4rse hurting from the saddle, it was bloody hard work for someone as unfit as me. I was literally soaked from head to toe in sweat after 45 minutes.
    A surprising side effect was that this morning, I was 4lbs lighter!

Thread Information