Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Puffers defy day one of smoking ban

Blog Entries

Re: Puffers defy day one of smoking ban

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Isn't the question about 'justification' rather than 'right'?

It seems fair to castigate 'all those who smoke in public' but only 'all those who drink in public to excess'
    wot?

Allen caars easy way to give up smoking is the only way forward smokers. Take it from me, an x smoker, his book will change the way you see smoking for ever. You can tell us how its your right and how you enjoy it or how you blah blah blah but at the end of the day his books ask you to consider things here is an example;

smokers say.....
    1. We smoke because of stress. Having a fag eases the stress.

NO IT DOESN'T THE STRESS IS STILL THERE ALL IT DOES IT FEED THE NICOTINE HABIT WHICH MAKES YOUR BODY FEEL BETTER TEMPORARILY.

smokers also say....
    2. We smoke because we enjoy it.

NO YOU DONT ENJOY IT, YOU SMOKE BECAUSE YOUR NICOTINE WITHDRAWEL NEEDS FEEDING AND GIVES YOU THE FEELING OF CALM/ENJOYMENT AS IT SUBSIDES.

smokers will say.....
    3. We just dont have the willpower.
    THE WITHDRAWEL OF NICOTINE IS THE MILDEST OF ALL WITHDRAWELS. THE NEED FOR NICOTINE PASSES AFTER ABOUT 5 MINS IF YOU TRY AND PUT YOUR MIND OFF IT WHEN IT COMES TO YOU. THIS ONLY LASTS FOR THREE DAYS. THEN THE NICOTINE IS OUT OF YOUR BODY. THE REST IS HABIT.

Thats just the basis of the book there is a lot more in it.

But what i did, was try and right down all the plus sides of smoking and all the plus sides of not smoking.

The three biggest plus sides for me were when i was a full time smoker;

1. I am now not a slave to the cigerette. i can leave my house without panicking have i got enough fags, or i wonder if i can smoke there, or i wonder if im going to be able to get out for a fag break, or where is my lighter, or im going to run out in a minute...

2. I am saving in expenditure £40 a week. £2080 a year which will pay for a holiday.

3. I no longer smell and can breath easily and im saving a fortune in chewing gums, perfumes and hand creams. (i have always been aware of smell and would try everything to hide it having a fag for me was a half hour job).

so please dont anybody try saying they like this habit because its completely and utterly untrue and you are kidding yourselves and nobody else. smokers rights.....HAVE JUST BEEN REMOVED.......

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Snip

so please dont anybody try saying they like this habit because its completely and utterly untrue and you are kidding yourselves and nobody else. smokers rights.....HAVE JUST BEEN REMOVED.......
    Well said that woman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzosoprano View Post
    Well said that woman!!
    Yes...well said sis. All you have to do now is try and give up yourself.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

eh? i thought we'd established smokers did not have any rights to lose

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    YesThe whole discussion was about the moderation, and choice.
    OK, lets talk moderation...

Take this situation.

If me and my mates sat on a table outside a pub, next to you and your mates and 'we' all had ONE drink, at the same time as your table all had ONE fag...... Who do you think would be most affected?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    If me and my mates sat on a table outside a pub, next to you and your mates and 'we' all had ONE drink, at the same time as your table all had ONE fag...... Who do you think would be most affected?
    Is the answer 4 divided by 2 and the middle one only has 3 fingers?

I'm not very good at these problem solving thingys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Yes...well said sis. All you have to do now is try and give up yourself.
    i have given up woman, wots up with ya. !! - i am a non smoker. and whats worse I HATE SMOKERS.

i have given up woman,
    Right. I'm sick of my sister insisting she is a non-smoker, then, whenever I see her she has a fag hanging out if her mouth.

Anyone spotting Trouble smoking, please grass her up on the forum.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    So which one was the Fag?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    So which one was the Fag?

wot?

Allen caars easy way to give up smoking is the only way forward smokers. Take it from me, an x smoker, his book will change the way you see smoking for ever. You can tell us how its your right and how you enjoy it or how you blah blah blah but at the end of the day his books ask you to consider things here is an example;

smokers say.....
    1. We smoke because of stress. Having a fag eases the stress.

NO IT DOESN'T THE STRESS IS STILL THERE ALL IT DOES IT FEED THE NICOTINE HABIT WHICH MAKES YOUR BODY FEEL BETTER TEMPORARILY.

smokers also say....
    2. We smoke because we enjoy it.

NO YOU DONT ENJOY IT, YOU SMOKE BECAUSE YOUR NICOTINE WITHDRAWEL NEEDS FEEDING AND GIVES YOU THE FEELING OF CALM/ENJOYMENT AS IT SUBSIDES.

smokers will say.....
    3. We just dont have the willpower.
    THE WITHDRAWEL OF NICOTINE IS THE MILDEST OF ALL WITHDRAWELS. THE NEED FOR NICOTINE PASSES AFTER ABOUT 5 MINS IF YOU TRY AND PUT YOUR MIND OFF IT WHEN IT COMES TO YOU. THIS ONLY LASTS FOR THREE DAYS. THEN THE NICOTINE IS OUT OF YOUR BODY. THE REST IS HABIT.

Thats just the basis of the book there is a lot more in it.

But what i did, was try and right down all the plus sides of smoking and all the plus sides of not smoking.

1. I am now not a slave to the cigerette. i can leave my house without panicking have i got enough fags, or i wonder if i can smoke there, or i wonder if im going to be able to get out for a fag break, or where is my lighter, or im going to run out in a minute...

2. I am saving in expenditure £40 a week. £2080 a year which will pay for a holiday.

3. I no longer smell and can breath easily and im saving a fortune in chewing gums, perfumes and hand creams. (i have always been aware of smell and would try everything to hide it having a fag for me was a half hour job).

I'd just like to add to this (well done to Trouble)

Giving up smoking is easy and requires no willpower

Willpower methods are unreliable and re-inforce the personal belief that in giving up - you are somehow missing out or depriving yourself of one of life little luxuries. As a 25 a day ex-smoker, I too was convinced of this fact. I tried and tried to give up - but 6 months later when I faltered after a party or "I'll just have 1" moment - I obviously wasnt trying hard enough???

Everybody says that giving up is hard and requires willpower and it'll be difficult and hard.

I am not saying that you cant succeed using traditional methods - You may succeed (for a while). The drug companies will tell you - it requires willpower because they want to sell NRT. But it strikes me as daft if there was an easier way.

Physically - The nature of the beast is soo simple and the physical withdrawal symptoms from Nicotine are so slight (I had a slight dizzyness for 24 hrs) that giving up is easy and enjoyable.

For anyone that thinks I am wrong but wants to give up - I say read this course - it is the only thing that ever worked for me. I am glad to say this is the easier way.

www.quitsmokingonline.com

Supposed to do the course over 10 days but I did it in 2. I dont miss smoking - I don't even think about it - I really enjoyed giving up. I suggest any ex-smokers who still think about the "odd one" should read it too. The best bit is - it is free and easy to do - requires no willpower (have I said that enough??). I feel sorry for ex-smokers who have cravings for this? There is no need.

I recently explained this course to my housemate Roger - and went through it with him - and he gave up in 5 days (after numerous previous attempts) and hasnt been miserable or irritable or used any willpower. (1 more time)

I cannot stress this enough - especially to those on this site thinking of giving up
    - Quitting Smoking is easy and enjoyable

So as there is nothing to miss out when you are deprived of the right to smoke in public places I personally welcome the move.

As you were...
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I'd just like to add to this (well done to Trouble)

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    why thank you Mr Wobbly. xx

why thank you Mr Wobbly. xx
    Get it right...It's Mr Dave. His first name is Wobbly.

Never was and still isn't an issue for me - I smoke on the way to work, if I haven't got enough cigs with me, not a problem. Never suffered from ciggie anxiety.

As I have a pack over 2 weeks (if not longer), and usually bring them over from hols - 2 cartons last me almost a year - and I only spend - what, £20 on them?

I like chewing gum and perfume, and hand creams whether I am smoking or not - so again, nothing to do with fags.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Never was and still isn't an issue for me - I smoke on the way to work, if I haven't got enough cigs with me, not a problem. Never suffered from ciggie anxiety.

As I have a pack over 2 weeks (if not longer), and usually bring them over from hols - 2 cartons last me almost a year - and I only spend - what, £20 on them?

I like chewing gum and perfume, and hand creams whether I am smoking or not - so again, nothing to do with fags.
    Nebula

if its such a small thing for you why do you bother at all.

if you tell me you enjoy it then good luck enjoying it outside hun.

i dont understand why you just dont chuck it in but then again, i did it for a long time and until very recently, similar to you not as hardened as i used to be so, there you go.

do what you want to do of course but dont try and defend something that is clearly disgusting and clearly not accepted by the majority of people now.

Get it right...It's Mr Dave. His first name is Wobbly.
    DT - (cue bond music) - The name's Dave .... Wobbly Dave - LOL

(top 5 google hits)

wobbly dave - Google Search=

I'm also first on the list of images...

wobbly dave - Google Image Search

Apologies for the hi-jack

Nebula - I too dont understand what possible enjoyment you gain from smoking as the physical act isnt a pleasant experience. What is it that you like about it?

went dancing for second time since ban, kidderminster and now the bar smells great no smoke anywhere super smashing great, from a non smoker i find it great that i can go out and come back and still smell nice and not of smoke

Is the answer 4 divided by 2 and the middle one only has 3 fingers?

I'm not very good at these problem solving thingys.
    Yeah. I was gonna say 'It can't jump anywhere 'cos its dead'. Is that right?

Blog Entries

Went to the pub for lunch today and it was absolutely fantastic. Not one whiff of cigerette anywhere, poor buggers outside, of which there was only 2 in the beer garden and the rest of us enjoying our lunch without the stench of fags, cigars and coughing in our ears, eyes, throat and mouth....

DING DONG THE SMOKERS GONE.....XXXX

I didnt see you?

Thread Information